[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which hot pepper is your favorite as far as taste goes? Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 73-types.gif (290 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
73-types.gif
290 KB, 800x600
Which hot pepper is your favorite as far as taste goes?

Never had a superhot before, is it possible to eat it casually alongside a meal?
>>
Smoked Ghost Pepper. It's very similar to what you would expect chipotle to taste like, but has a much most bold and savory flavor.
>>
>>7183832
ghost peppers are meme peppers
>>
>>7183824
bell pepper

:^)
>>
File: 1393134419826.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1673) Image search: [Google]
1393134419826.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1673
>>7183824
>Never had a superhot before
>is it possible to eat it casually alongside a meal?
Gosh anon, you're such a loser.
>>
>>7183824
Red jalapenos and hatch green chilis.
>>
While they're deliciously sweet and fruity, habaneros are too strong/pungent/hot to be useful in common cookery. If I knew anything about crossing varieties of peppers together, I'd try to cross habs with ajís dulces to get a still-sweet-and-fruity chili with just the right amount of kick.

I can handle habanero just fine and use them quite a bit, but think them too pungent for common use.
>>
>>7184368
This guy gets it.

Also árbol and ancho.
>>
>>7183824

I don't know the names in English but my favorites are chile panameño and chile campana
>>
>>7184830
Literally 'Panamanian chili' and 'bell chili,' respectively. Is that so hard to translate?
>>
>>7184837

that's the translation, yes, but I don't know if those are the names they have in English. translations aren't always accurate, y'know
>>
what are those pickled ones you get with a kebab? look like the one on the second row on the left, between the pointy dark green one and the one that looks like a carrot
>>
>>7184848
Usually banana peppers or wax peppers. The one you've outed in the pic looks like a green ghost chili but due to the lo-res pic, I can't be entirely sure. The one to its left looks like a rupe ghost chili, which is why I think it might be a green one.

>>7184846
Considering that few chilies have English-language names, yes: translating it is enough or just leaving it with the Spanish name. For what it's worth, I've never heard of either chili. I would guess campana is related to lantern chili or ají dulce.
>>
>>7183824
Chocolate habeneros and Hawaiian Habaneros, the chocolates look like regular habaneros but are brown sometimes with a bit of green in them, the Hawaiians are yellow and elongated almost like a banana.

The both have some great heat and flavor.

There are couple really small ones too like chiltepin and some other who'se name I don't recall.
>>
Serrano is probably my favorite 'hot' chili. They're not too spicy, but I live with weak tongued whities
>>
>>7186486
yeah, my parents don't like spicy food either
>>
jalapeno

What? Fight me faggot, it's a standard for a reason.
>>
>>7184368
I have to agree red jalapenos are pretty good.
>>
>>7183824
>Which hot pepper is your favorite as far as taste goes?
>Never had a superhot before, is it possible to eat it casually alongside a meal?

The Habenero is one of my favorite peppers, for both flavor, and heat.

They have a nice citrus type of flavor, and they're hot enough to cook with, without making the meal too uncomfortable due to heat.

While you can eat them raw, they are hot, and can be uncomfortably hot to eat raw, which is why I always just add them to my stir fry, or sautes.
>>
habanero has a nice sweetness

otherwise chipotle or jalapeno are goat

meme peppers are great to add a lot of heat to a pot
>>
>>7188666
This. They're widely available, use half for mild or a whole pepper for hot. I don't really get off on my food hurting all that much
>>
Chinese dried chilis.
So good fried in oil
>>
File: slide1[1].jpg (92 KB, 1270x900) Image search: [Google]
slide1[1].jpg
92 KB, 1270x900
>>7183824
>taste
Peppadew master race. That perfect combination of candy-like sweetness and a nice modest kick.
>>
>>7188763
Pretty much this.

I have nibbled one raw ones, and the flavour is amazing an perfectly heat-free if you take care to avoid the 'veins'. If you do nibble a vein, you better have some heat resistance built up, or you will have a bad time.

I can take a fair bit of a heat, but a dose of habanero taken unaware will knock me down for a bit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.