[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gluten a meme? Why is it such a big deal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1445014543114.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1445014543114.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
Is gluten a meme? Why is it such a big deal
>>
>>7183573
If you can't eat gluten you shouldn't reproduce. Same with seafood. Sick of these faggots runing the gene pool.

How does a gene like that even exist? Should have died off a long time ago.
>>
>>7183577
so gluten allergies are a thing? wtf youre meming me. i have never heard of someone allergic to gluten
>>
I started this thread causd i overheard some faggot in a coffee shop go "OMG! When are they gunna come out with gluten free croissants' and i gotta say ive never been triggered so hard. I immediately put my fucking head down and internally raged so fucking hard
>>
>>7183578
I don't know if it's an allergy but there's something caused coeliac disease, which is genetically inherited, and it gives them indigestion and constipation and whatnot. This is why gluten free is a huge thing at the moment, because there's no cure and these faggots actually think it's okay to keep living.

Seriously how does that gene survive so many hundreds of years of agriculture?
>>
>>7183586
It's ridiculous, isn't it. The worst bit is - people do it for the sake of it. As in they don't have coeliac disease.

There's a silver lining though - a lot of the products advertised as gluten free already don't have gluten, or do, and just straight up lie, causing coeliacs to eat gluten.

Fuck them, seriously. If you're a coeliac reading this, please don't breed.
>>
>>7183578
I don't think celiacs disease is in the same family of genetic problems as other food allergies but then again I'm not in the health field. There are some with celiacs and do need to avoid gluten but generally speaking if someone is asking for gluten-free food they are just an idiot/slave to trends.
>>
Seriously gluten is just cancer. Fuck these gluten autistic people
>>
>>7183573
I'm sensitive to gluten it seems. I don't notice anything right away but the day after, I'm bloated as fuck and have the runs for half the day and stomach pains that makes me want to kill myself. I need to eat a lot of wheat bread for this to happen however. I started having these symptoms around a year ago or so.

It doesn't really bother me. I just can't eat whole wheat footlongs anymore.
>>
File: NU_celiac_im1.jpg (25 KB, 288x293) Image search: [Google]
NU_celiac_im1.jpg
25 KB, 288x293
>>7183578
Celiac disease is real, it's a wheat allergy that causes inflammation in the bowel (severe pain and diarrhea / blood etc.) Gluten intolerance is different. Some people say they just feel a lot better when not eating gluten, or they had stomach issues (not celiac) when eating gluten.
>>
>>7183577
Gluten intolerance often develops later in life, when your vitality is winding down and you've already had children.
>>
>>7184254
>having pussy bowels
>>
>>7184254
>Gluten intolerance is different

Yes, it's a made up psychosomatic special-snowflake syndrome.
>>
>>7183577
>>7183578

My brother has ulcerative colitis and there is a ton of food he can't eat because it fucks him up if he does eat it. Gluten is one of the many things he can't have.

He has decided to not reproduce because he doesn't want to inflict this on anyone else.
>>
File: 117324779888.jpg (75 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
117324779888.jpg
75 KB, 648x486
>>7184254

>I can't digest food
>please feel bad for me

get the fuck out tumblrina
>>
>>7183578
>Other people have encountered it but I haven't so it's not real.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.