[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best way to make popcorn. I promise you won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
This is the best way to make popcorn. I promise you won't go back to any other way

>3 tablespoons oil in dark metal pot
>place 2 kernels, only 2, in oil
>put on med-high heat
>listen for kernels to pop
>when second kernel pops, put 1/4 cup of kernels in the pot
>constantly shake pot entire time until you hear few to no kernels remaining
>pour perfectly cooked popcorn into bowl
>drizzle on maple syrup and shake around vigorously, and put good amount of sea salt to make perfect kettle corn

Prove me wrong friends.
>>
Or just eat it plain hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha or your way hahaha. People like different things isn't that STRANGE? What a season!(ing?)
>>
File: 1215314015588.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1215314015588.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>7183448
>drizzle on maple syrup and shake around vigorously, and put good amount of sea salt to make perfect kettle corn
>>
File: 1422355018430.jpg (51 KB, 266x295) Image search: [Google]
1422355018430.jpg
51 KB, 266x295
You're wrong
>>
>2 kernels
pfft. I use 3, spaced out to ensure even heat distribution.

Still, the pot method makes the best tasting popcorn, imo. Little to no unpopped kernels. fluffy, but firm. don't know how to get those powdered flavors to stick. nor do I know how to apply any dressing to popcorn with out it collapsing and getting soggy.
>>
>>7183448
Fuck all that jazz I just throw it in the deep frier
>>
>>7183462
im telling you family this is why syrup + salt (or other powdered flavor) is the best way. now given i only do syrup + salt because i love salt+ sweet like peanut brittle

but you have the perfect combo where the syrup sweetens the corns and the salt sticks to the sticky syrup. fantastic
>>
>>7183462
>I use 3

pfft. I make a full practice batch and throw it away before I'm convinced it's truly at the right temperature. Sometimes I throw the second batch away too.
>>
>>7183448
>>drizzle on maple syrup and shake around vigorously, and put good amount of sea salt to make perfect kettle corn
what the fuck, do americans really do this?
>>
>>7183478
>HURRRR WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS THING I'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE
>>
>>7183448
don't to this you'll start a fire
>>
>>7183476
>Sometimes I throw the second batch away too.
>not all the time to make sure you oil has had time to properly distill
this board is full of plebs, i wish /ck/ was still good
>>
>>7183478
>obsessing over what other people do
Do europeans really do this? I guess when you're crammed into your shithole countries by the millions of imported brown people you have to be close to people a lot but sheesh
>>
>>7183448
Trying to get people to poison themselves by making nerve gas is not cool bro, reported to CIA.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.