[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever eaten at pic related? I am 100% terrified of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 350x262
Has anyone ever eaten at pic related? I am 100% terrified of fast food seafood??
>>
I have, but I don't remember. The best seafood fast food chain was Arthur Treacher's, but they're all gone now. :-(

Popeyes has decent fried fish, if a little too salty.
>>
once, about 10 years ago
>>
>>7182851
I eat there once or twice a year. It's not gonna kill you.
>>
It's better than you think it would be, OP.
And their hush puppies are pretty amazing.
>>
I really like their chicken, crunchies and hush puppies

the seafood is shit though
>>
>>7182851
Used to go pretty regularly, it's pretty good. Surprisingly the chicken is the best thing to get.
>>
>>7182851
I've been there, though not in a number of years. It's a nice change from fast food burgers and chicken I guess. Just generic fried fish and such. Not great but not exactly terrible either.
>>
Their fish is greasiest piece of fast food ever. Will give you a headache after one bit. Seriously avoid. Nigs only.

There's chicken is good albeit a bit bland. Hush puppies are god tier.
>>
>>7182851
Yeah. It's fucking salty as hell and for some reason, they sold sweet tea by the gallon (though, I just read that they were originally a Southern chain so that probably explains it).
>>
>>7183359
why would grease or oil give you a headache? you retards astound me
>>
>>7183399
Because they're harmful, addictive drugs
>>
>>7182905
This

The fish is absolute garbage, but pretty good tier tenders.
>>
>>7183402
FUCK off back to cu/ck/.
>>
>>7182864
>Popeyes has decent fried fish, if a little too salty.

I haven't had their fish, but, I do have this complaint about their biscuits. It's a shame, because I like everything else they have better than the KFC alternative. Especially their gravy.
>>
File: 1450250759065.jpg (86 KB, 423x1021) Image search: [Google]
1450250759065.jpg
86 KB, 423x1021
>>7183451
>tfw church's has the best biscuits but their chicken is garbage
>>
>>7182851
Well cooked seafood is gonna be ok unless it tastes bad on the first bite.

Avoid sushi like the plague unless you're on the waterfront and you can see the boat it came in on.

More people get sick from that than any other fish.
>>
File: just.jpg (51 KB, 320x449) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
51 KB, 320x449
>tfw it's the last beacon of transfat tasty greasy hope

don't ever change, captain silver
>>
I stopped eating there when they discontinued the buffalo chicken planks
>>
>>7182851
it's good. captain d's is better.
>>
It's the same as buying frozen breaded fish from the grocer.
>>
>>7183626
>Avoid sushi like the plague unless you're on the waterfront and you can see the boat it came in on.

Commercial fisherman here, you're a dunkass. HIgh-grade frozen fish is virtually immaculate and is the best thing you can get apart from literally buying a same-day catch off the boat but because it's frozen it can end up anywhere. Where the hell do you think an east coast sushi bar gets Sablefish, or wild salmon?
>>
>fast food seafood

As someone who nearly died from a bad clam, I will never touch this and a pox upon anyone who thinks its ok.
>>
Hushpuppies and Crunchies

Who cares about anything else?
>>
>>7184529
>dunkass
Hello darkness....
>>
So far they the only ones that serve fried clams.
>>
>>7182851

I fucking love it. If you want grease and batter, then it's your place. I personally really love the clams. This might sound weird, but if fish isn't your thing, the chicken is good too.
>>
>>7186206
>and a pox upon

*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1427775571342.jpg (46 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1427775571342.jpg
46 KB, 700x525
All the Long John's near me closed down
>>
>>7182851
Its worth a try, I eat there every 3-4 months or so.
I really like their fried chicken, their fried fish is alright if you dump their weak vinegar on it.

Hush puppies are great, the place isnt really that cheap though.
Certainly NOT healthy and will leave you feeling like trash. But hey, its OK on rare occasions
>>
I went there a couple weeks ago because I was craving their battered chicken and hush puppies. When I was ordering, for my two sides, I said just all hush puppies. She said it already came with them and I said I don't care. Then she said sir that will be like 15 hush puppies. Okay? It was sweet that she was trying to save my life but those hush puppies are amazing.
>>
>>7183399
im not that guy, but eating much grease, e.g. bacon or fatty 3 layer belly pork will make me feel nauseous and give me a headache too.
>>
>>7186206
Dang, you almost won a Darwin award
Everyone knows not to pry open a clam that is still shut after being cooked.
>>
>>7182864
At UCF in Orlando there's an Arthur Treacher's sharing space with a Nathan's in the Student Union, unless it randomly disappeared last semester without me noticing.
>>
>>7189630
So you've got one of the dozen left. The two in my area both closed and I'm sad now. They also had the best plain fast food chain fries. Best fries overall goes to Popeyes or Checkers/Rally's.
>>
no it is garbage food for garbage people, don't eat that shit bro
>>
Tilapia.
Raised on striped bass shit.
>>
Never been there but my grandpa thought it was like a nice sit down seafood restaurant and called to make reservations one time
>>
>>7182851

white fish aint bad & cole slaw, rest is awful
>>
Those chicken planks and hush puppies are GOAT. One time I saw a taco bell/long John silvers hybrid. I jizzed all over my car and pulled over to eat
>>
>>7182851

Doesn't matter, you won't get sick, but it's garbage food for garbage people. All that seafood is literally wasted and turned into edible refuse.

take the $6 you'd spend there and buy a filet and a good quality apple, make a nice sole meuniere with apple sauce garnee, you'll be a better person for it
>>
I have an old booth/table.chair setup from the 90s from LJS, fuck year.
>>
>>7182905
Aww yeah, I always ask for extra crunchies. Fuck.
>>
>>7182851
I just ate there last night. Fish, shrimp & clams platter, extra crumbs.

Anybody else love completely soaking their fish planks in malt vinegar?
>>
>>7182851

This place is shit either way.. Only good thing you know is that its regulated... If youre healthy you wont get sick...

Best seafood fast food places are holes in the wall ghetto places usually called King's Seafood and are hit and miss as fuck, usually have a good reputation and really are in rural or metropolitan areas.. (the population doesnt lend to the quality, its just hit or miss hole in the wall joint since so little people actually enjoy this type of fast food.)
>>
File: 1395943745391.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1395943745391.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
I worked there for a summer a few years back, haven't eaten it since.
It's easily some of the greasiest food commercially available. Nonslip shoes are ineffective at that sheer level of grease, as you dump a whole container of degreaser in the mop bucket just to make a dent in a single day's accumulation on the floor. I ate shit on multiple occasions trying to cross the parking lot after my shift, since a half inch of grease caked onto the bottom of your shoes turns asphalt into ice.
When we weren't throwing lard everywhere in order to prepare the damn stuff, we were reveling in the fact that the fish came to us in lightly perforated sticks about 3 feet long. Swordfights were routine.

Add that to the fact that wait times were 30 minutes on a daily basis and you get a customer experience that is absolutely dreadful.
>>
>>7191841

>I ate shit on multiple occasions trying to cross the parking lot after my shift

HAHAHA... Damn DAT grease.... Fucking deep fryers... Fuck canola.. LOL.. Been in that spot many times, brother.. Even non-slick loafers will break your spine if you arent a slut..
>>
Hush puppies be crispy like you never SEEN
>>
>>7191841
>a whole container of degreaser

that is basically enough lye to dissolve a human leg it's concentrated jesus fuck
>>
>>7182851
Everything at Long John Silver's tastes like fish. The fries, the rest of the sides, even the soda tastes like fish. I don't recommend it.
>>
>>7182851
Hushpuppies are the best thing they have. The food tastes good, but waking in there feels like you're taking a grease bath. I would not recommend eating there very often
>>
>>7191721
>a taco bell/long John silvers hybrid

Those two don't really seem to go together to me. Unless you're mixing the chicken or fries with some TB. But, a fried fish filet, hush puppies, or slaw with TB is pretty odd. Any 2 of KFC/TB/Pizza Hut seem like much more sensible combos.
>>
It used to be really good, but that was back when I was a kid through my early twenties, when LJS was a more popular place. The last time I ate there was about 5 years ago, and it sucked.
>>
>>7189630
We also got a Nathan's/Arthur's here in Houston, TX at memorial city mall.
>>
>>7182851
The air is terrible every time I walk into one of those. Food is okay, but I definitely can't eat it more than twice a week before getting sick of it and take a 2-3 year break from the place.
>>
They're great. Huge portions, great prices, the food is well prepared. Don't expect much in the way of vegetable options though.
>>
>>7191785
>good quality apple
as opposed to what you la-di-da ladyfag
cant eat a piece of fish without covering it in sugar and oyu have the balls to call other people human refuse
go suck your bf's dick
>>
>>7184529
>HIgh-grade frozen fish is virtually immaculate and is the best thing you can get apart from literally buying a same-day catch

Agreed.

Except how the fuck do you know where something has been and if it remained frozen the whole time? Trust everybody in the whole supply chain? I'm just sayin, sushi is a nightmare waiting to happen.
>>
>>7183628

What won't this fuckin' guy get a normal haircut?
>>
>>7192589
>Except how the fuck do you know where something has been and if it remained frozen the whole time? Trust everybody in the whole supply chain?

That's pretty much it, yeah. Of course you can do just fine with more lax standards but the best fish passes from hand to loving hand until it reaches your mouth - good restaurants buy good fish from good suppliers who buy good fish from good distributors who buy good fish from good fishermen.
>>
>>7192598
Idk but he's starting to get ripped!
>>
>>7191721
They have a couple kfc long johns combos here in the Cincinnati area.
>>
>>7191819
This pisses me off. They don't sell clams at the ones near here anymore for some stupid reason.
>>
>>7182851
its alright, as long as you are fine with fish sitting in a literal puddle of grease
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.