[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /ck/ I recently picked up about 600g chicken hearts What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: chicken-hearts2.jpg (80 KB, 810x433) Image search: [Google]
chicken-hearts2.jpg
80 KB, 810x433
sup /ck/

I recently picked up about 600g chicken hearts

What are some good recipes involving them? Can I just cook them the same way as I would chicken?
>>
eat them.
>>
I use 'em in one of two ways:

run through the meat grinder & use in sausages or cajun-style dirty rice, rice dressing, etc.

or

marinade 'em, stick 'em on skewers, and grill.
>>
>>7182070

You eat those raw.
>>
>>7182097
what kind of marinade?
>>
>>7182097
>marinade 'em, stick 'em on skewers, and grill.

This guy knows

>>7182109
You can do whatever you like. I do: paprika, garlic, coumin, soy sauce (no salt because of it), a splash of vinegar and the hot sauce that you like. If you don't like hot sauce, use, ketchup.

Give them at least a couple hours. Better over night.
>>
In my country we just salt and grill them.
>>
Now listen up OP because you are about to learn some shit.
What you want to do is take your time with these to get the most enjoyment out of them, no need to rush things. Firstly I would suggest getting them warmed up, about 30 seconds in the microwave will do it. Next you need to make sure you have plenty of oil on hand as chicken hearts tend to be fairly dry, I would suggest about half a cup of good quality oil to your 600 grams of hearts
Next, when theyre well oiled up I would start by first inserting the smaller one then move up to the bigger ones, you can use your fingers to stretch it open, be carefull of tearing the sides though, this can really ruin your day.
After you have them all in you can either rest for a bit or keep going, its really up to you, but dont wait too long.
Preheat you wok with a little sesame oil and chopped ginger and garlic, carefull not to burn the oil. Make sure you have plenty of clear bench spacd. Once the wok is good and hot you should perch yourself carefully over the wok, pantless and wity your cock and balls tucked forward between your legs, NOT backward.
Give a bit of a squeeze and hold on tight because shit gets a bit hectic here, the combination of heat and sizzling oil with the machine gun like fire of chicken hearts firing from your gaping ass is really something special.
Serve up with a side of steamed rice.
>>
>>7182283
>If you don't like hot sauce, use, ketchup.
Your, commas, tickled, my, 'tism,,,
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (5 KB, 282x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
5 KB, 282x200
>>7182819
>>
When I was a little kid, and we were really poor and living in a shitty apartment - my dad had us secretly living in the apartment he was contracted to fix drywall in - I have fond memories of riding my bike through the snow and sleet to buy a pack of chicken hearts for a dollar. We pan-fried them with just butter and seasoning salt and they were perfect every time.
In hindsight it was a terrible time but I remember I thought it was fun to hide from the neighbors.
>>
>>7182819
That was embarrassingly unfunny.
>>
>>7182097
pretty much this. I dice 'em or I char them. I find they need a bit of a marinade first regardless.

My favourite way to do them is essentially teriyaki - soya, vinegar, a bit of sugar, ginger, sesame oil and mashed/blended/gooped green onion (or asian scallions of I can get them). Skewer them and cook them over (white) charcoal.
>>
>>7182070
Throw them out
Acquire chicken gizzards
bread and fry that shit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.