[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of my bagel with lox and cream cheese, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: blcc.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
blcc.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
What do you think of my bagel with lox and cream cheese, /ck/?
>>
>>7181456
bretty gud
>>
10/10
>>
>>7181456
I appreciate the amount of onion, but would sub out the cucumber and olives for capers. Other than that definitely would eat.
>>
I would eat it.

What are those little tartlets? Look like maybe onion and cheese or something?
>>
>>7181456
I see you like putting stuff on your onion..
>>
>>7181466

The olives were just part of the toothpicks that held everything together. The cucumbers did seem a little weird, as I am used to capers, but it still worked.

>>7181468

They turned out to be noodle kugel, which the lady at the counter threw in as an extra - I think she liked my beard. They're kind of like bread pudding but with egg noodles, and aren't really my thing, but other people like them.
>>
File: blccII.jpg (867 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
blccII.jpg
867 KB, 2048x1536
>>7181473

It really wasn't too much onion, compared to the other ingredients.

There was probably half a pound of cream cheese altogether, and I wish I'd taken a picture of the bottom, because the cream cheese was packed into the holes on either side and almost falling out the bottom.

Pretty sure everything was pretty much made in store.
>>
What would everyone expect to pay for that?
>>
>>7182296

$12
>>
>>7182296
Probably $10-12 or so. Maybe more.
>>
>>7182296
Not OP but in a kosher deli by me it'd be around $12 for just the bagel
>>
>>7182296
$6.99 at the new bagel place in the neighborhood. I usually stop in the morning for a garlic bagel with lox cream cheese once a week.
>>
looks great
>>
>>7182311
>>7182303
>>7182302

I could pay $12 for all the ingredients and make more than that by myself, no thanks
>>
>>7182296
$7-8
>>
>>7182372
The same can be said for literally anything you can buy at a restaurant.
>>
>>7182372

Post your homemade bagels.
>>
OP here.

I paid $10 and change, after tax, so it sounds like I got a pretty good deal.

They make fresh bagels throughout the day, and you could tell.

I always feel like old school Jewish delis are overpriced as fuck (their tuna melt was the same price, though it came with a pickle and a side), but I'd eat at those places everyday if I could afford to (and they didn't give my the Bobby Hill gout).

I was honestly planning on saving half for later in the day, but ended up eating everything and wished I'd bought a second one.
>>
I could eat one of those every day.
>>
Not a hell of a whole lot.
>>
File: bagel sand witch.jpg (795 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
bagel sand witch.jpg
795 KB, 2048x1536
Made pic related with a leftover everything bagel.
>>
>>7182296
$7-8
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.