[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1450382784506608026398.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
1450382784506608026398.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
God tier, easy, healthy snacks.
Inb4 hippy.
>>
File: 1299772657322.png (215 KB, 2658x2298) Image search: [Google]
1299772657322.png
215 KB, 2658x2298
>>7179101
Paying for blackberries pfffthahah,
>>
>>7179114
What? They were $1.25....I bet you pay for oil changes, lol.
>>
>>7179123
i have picked pounds of those things for free they store for a long time too,
>>
>>7179114
>I don't eat seasonal food
shame on you, ignoramus.
>>
>>7179114

>he's never left his village and thinks blackberries grow wild everywhere

I have bananas, guavas, papayas, and avocados growing in my backyard, what now?
>>
>>7179157
Now I want a fresh avocado. ;(
>>
>>7179101
>>
>>7179135
How do you store them? I have blackberries and raspberries from my bushes in the summer and have bought from the store other times and berries just don't seem to keep for long. Had the same problem with strawberries and blueberries.

Tried freezing blueberries once and it completely ruined the texture.
>>
>>7179450
You can only preserve them; they're soft fruits.

The obvious way to preserve them is to turn them into jam. There's a reason people have been doing that for centuries.

Or you can freeze them, but they'll turn to mush when defrosted (as you pop the cells with ice crystals). This isn't an issue if you want to make sauces with them. Or you can use them frozen straight into a smoothy.
>>
After visiting Europe, I can't eat grocery store fruits and vegetables unless I'm cooking them or whatever. If I'm going to eat something raw, I have to buy the organic shit. Y'know what's good when your stoned? An organic pear. I'm not gonna post the pear picture, you know what the fuck it looks like.
>>
>>7179519
Aren't you the life of the party.
>>
>>7179519
Pears are pretty meh to me because of the gross grainy texture and skin and lack of sweetness. Give me a apple any day
>>
>>7179519
>>7179565
Pears are my favourite fruits. Good pears, anyway. While I've never had a bad apple, I've also never had a great apple. They're always meh-to-good to me. But pears... Pears run the gamut from absolute dogshit to glory-of-God and everything in between.
Despite being my favourite fruit, I have no idea how to select good pears so it's always a crapshoot for me. That gives me a sad.

>>7179101
I like salads as snacks. Is that odd? Also pickled/lactofermented veg. Basically, if it's a veg with sour taste, I'm on it like blacks on public benefits.
>>
>>7179565
>lack of sweetness
wat

ripe pear is incredibly sweet, way more so than most apples
>>
>>7179101
Ya know what's really good? Throw a pack of those blackberries in a blender with some ice cream and milk for a quick and delicious blackberry shake.
>>
>>7179604
You've never had a bad apple? Really? Lucky you. I mean I've mostly had good ones, but I've definitely had some horribly bland, inedible ones.

I also like salads as snacks (especially when drunk). I like to keep frozen berries to mix into yogurt, and occasionally I'll put some in a mug with skim milk. Baby carrots with or without hummus are another favorite snack of mine. Veggies and fruits are the most convenient snacks ever.
>>
>>7179612
Sounds good right about now
>>
File: Cento_Lupini.jpg (152 KB, 223x450) Image search: [Google]
Cento_Lupini.jpg
152 KB, 223x450
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.