[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite way to prepare chicken breasts? Easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: chicken-breasts.jpg (60 KB, 947x800) Image search: [Google]
chicken-breasts.jpg
60 KB, 947x800
What's your favourite way to prepare chicken breasts?
Easy but tasty ways?
>>
Grilled or marsala
>>
Blackened Cajun-style
Easy af and always turns out delicious
>>
I like to throw them in the bin because thats where that dry shit tier meat belongs
>>
>>7178810
spread with English mustard.
wrap in Parma ham (or the closest to Parma you can get in your country)
Grill.
Chicken breast is delicious and good for gains.
>>
It feels like cheating that chopping them up with some vegetables, stir frying them and then throwing them in tortillas is as delicious as it is, compared to the labour required to other dishes.
>>
I buy chicken quarters instead.
>>
>>7178810
Bone-in split breasts with the skin. Season the outside and under the skin with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and butter or olive oil. Sear skin side down in a cast iron skillet until it's nicely browned, turn over, stick into the oven to finish.

When it's done, take the chicken out of the pan to rest, make a pan sauce with some thinly sliced onions, mushrooms, some more garlic, white wine, salt, pepper, some stock and butter and let it reduce for a few minutes. Squeeze in some lemon juice and add some minced parsley at the end before serving.
>>
This is my go-to when I'm tired, in a hurry, or want to impress. It's that good. Jamie Oliver 'dresses the board' with steak in this vid but it can be done with chicken or fish as well.
It's just fat (olive oil), acid (lemon juice), and accent (fresh herbs of your choice.)
https://youtu.be/4Ss6K0okk1E
>>
If I'm lazy I just mix soy sauce, melted butter, and some garlic and throw it on whatever meat I'm cooking. Then bake for whatever time and the last 5 or so minutes broil
>>
>>7178810
Cut thin, salt and sear on some butter on high heat grill-pan.
>>
>>7178810
With heat preferably
>>
>make a salt, pepper, basil, oregano mix in a bowl
>cover breasts in sunflower oil, rub it all in
>put breasts in bowl and cover them with seasoning mix
>sear each side in a hot pan for 2 minutes
>finish off in the oven for 15-20 mins
>let them rest for 10 mins
>>
>he doesnt brine his chicken breasts
"lel"
>>
do you guys wash chicken breats before you even start to do sth with them?

everybody says different
>>
Stuffed with broccoli and cheddar - skin on breaded and bake
>>
Butter on the grill sald and pepper
>>
>>7178810

Boil in Evian with no salt for about 20-25 minutes, salt pepper to taste and serve over brown rice steamed in Evian, also a side of green beans. Delish. I'm from fit btw.
>>
>>7179244
Do you also bathe in evian?
>>
>>7179260

Nah bro i pretty much just carry around a spray bottle to hydrate my pectorals while i'm in the gym doing my frog jump exercises.
>>
>>7178827
>dry
That's your fault anon.
>>
Butterfly cut and tit fuck
>>
>>7178810
quick and easy marinade of olive oil, paprika, chilly powder, mined garlic , oregano ,wine vinegar , let chicken soak for 30 min add some salt and pan fry
>>
>>7180761
This guy knows what's up. I like to oil them up though a bit before I go to booby town.
>>
>>7178810
I fry them in quarters so I can try out different seasoning combinations on each quarter. Like oregano and tarragon on one, turmeric and cumin on another, white pepper and cloves on another, basil and paprika on the fourth. Or, like, anything. It's tasty and really feels like I'm upping my game.
>>
File: 705full_rachel_khoo.jpg (118 KB, 705x1080) Image search: [Google]
705full_rachel_khoo.jpg
118 KB, 705x1080
Usually stuffed with cheese and some herbs, breaded, then fried in peanut oil.
>>
baked chicken fingers with shit tons of parmesan in the breading
>>
>>7178810
Slice into strip then microwave on high for 10 minutes then drizzle melted butter and siracher mayo on top
Wo la
>>
>>7178827
>dry shit tier meat
>can't cook chicken properly
Learn to cook dude
>>
>>7178909
This sounds pretty dope, anon. I'll be doing this for dinner tomorrow night. Have you ever substituted the rosemary with thyme?
>>
>>7178810
Grill 'em with the juice of a half-lemon on each side and a shit load of pepper or "poivre" if you prefer
>>
>>7180761
We're talking about chicken, not hitchhiker breasts, Jeffrey Dahmer
>>
>>7178810
anyone ever take two breasts like in the OP and nuke them for like 30 seconds then stuff them in a rubber glove then fap with it? Is that like a vagina?
>>
some kind of asian marinade if I'm too lazy to cook my own, marinated for an hour or two. Then cooked covered in the oven to keep them juicy, and then tossed on the grill for some char
>>
>>7178827
>>7178893
This.
>>
wrapped in bacon and stuffed with whatever shit I'm in the mood for
>>
>>7178827
dyel?
>>
>>7178813
Damn straight. Try blackening both chicken and shrimp, add some andouille,and throw it over linguine with a wine sauce and sauteed sundried tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic.
>>
>>7178810
Beat them with a tenderizer.
Prepare a mixture of mustard, honey, allspice, a dash of cayenne and balsamic vinegar.
Marinate for some time.
Pan-fry with some oil.
Fucking wonderful.
>>
>>7182355
Man ive been changing the channel everytime this bitch comes on TV for ages and never watched he for more than 5 seconds, something about he voice, face and brash lipstick choices instantly triggered me and i had to get away from her ASAP.
But the other day I was changing channels with the volume off and watched her long enough to finally realise for the first time in over a year of ignoring her just how FUCKING STACKED she is, this annoying bitch has some whopper melons on her.
GOLLY GOSH I GOT THE SWEATS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.
Still cant watch her show though, volume must be down.
>>
>>7178810
Why did the photographer garnish raw chicken breasts
>>
>>7178827
(laughing bitches)
>>
Dredge in EVOO
Coat both sides in a salt-pepper-oregano seasoning mix
Coat bottom of baking dish in EVOO
Bake @ 350 for 20 min
>>
Seared on the pan for 2 minutes on each side and eaten medium rare.

Only old people and children get salmonella. It's actually very rare.
>>
I really like to make chicken french
>>
>>7182506
Wut?
>>
>>7178812
What's Marsala got to do with chicken?
>>
>>7178810
Carpaccio
>>
Brine:
3 parts sugar
2 parts salt
Bay leaves

Leave 4-24 hours

Any way you cook it after will result in moist and flavorful chicken
>>
>>7187634
Chicken Marsala's an Italian-American dish. I've never had it, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's a lightly floured breast fillet pan-cooked in olive oil, removed from the pan then the pan deglazed with shallots and Marsala wine and reduced before being finished with parsley and lemon and poured over the fillets.
>>
>>7187668
Correction: omit lemon, add mushroom.
>>
>>7178810

I marinade them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs like rosemary/thyme. Then I'll either pan fry, bake or bbq it.
>>
>>7187668
Gonna give this a go.
Stay tuned.
>>
>>7187659
>that much sugar
>bay leaves

Maybe fresh sage or thyme, but I'd use those both solely depending on the recipe, but I respectfully disagree.
>>
Always get the breasts with skin on. Cook skin down first over medium heat to render out some fat and get the skin super crispy. Flip over and finish cooking. Season how you'd like.
>>
Pound them out, bread them and serve with curry sauce
>>
Cinnamon and vanilla. Yes, it works.
>>
>>7178810
We have some special cremecheese in my country, which is mixed with onions and red peppers.
I usually slice open a chicken breast, creating a small pocket and fill it with cremechese. Then I wrap the breast in either bacon or parma ham.
>>
>>7178810
brine
either bake and eat or dredge with flour and fry
>>
>>7178975
Why does that video piss me off so much, I can't even explain it
>>
>>7186472
Sounds good
>>
>>7189624
Explain further.
>>
Chopped up and in a curry.

No way I'm going to Cook an entire breast into an unedible mass
>>
>cut into pieces
>season with soy sauce and sambal
>grill until brown
>Use it in asian style dishes or tortilla or just eat it on its own, fucking flavortown
>>
>>7182486
Yeah, I've made all kinds of substitutions and changes depending on what flavor I'm aiming for. The herbs and spices can be changed out to whatever you want really. Thyme, oregano, marjoram, basil, chinese 5 spice, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, whatever combination you want. I sometimes also stick some thinly sliced lemon and sprigs of parsley under the skin as well.
>>
>slice into strips
>salt and pepper
>dunk in flour
>dunk in egg
>dunk in flour again
>dunk in egg again
>fry
>>
>>7179191
nah nigga don't wash them that's dumb. What do you think water is going to do, clean them? lol. I'm not being sarcastic.
>>
When I'm feeling really lazy, homemade chicken nuggets and chips.

Potatoes
Vegetable oil
Whole chicken breast
1 Egg per person
Breadcrumbs

Break the eggs into a bowl
Put the breadcrumbs in another bowl
Cut up the chicken breast into whatever size you want
Dip it in the eggs then the breadcrumbs

Fry on a temperature

Cut up potatoes into whatever size you want
Deep fry them in oil

Salt to taste

>>7190462
This would also work, though I'd just do a single egg then flour + spice dip. I find leaving the egg on before frying gives it a sort of crunchy protein effect like the corners of an over-cooked fried egg. The juices escaping from the chicken while you cook it will stop the flour from coming off in the pan if that's what you're worried about.
>>
File: 1421656934773.jpg (35 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1421656934773.jpg
35 KB, 550x733
I usually pan fry them but i'm unsure of the following things:
Should the "fingers" be removed and fried separately?
Should i use a meat tenderizer or maybe make a butterfly cut to make the thickness even?
How to check for doneness? I've found that poking it with my thumb works better than a meat thermometer.
If i want to store it for a few days without it loosing much quality is there a better method than pan frying? I guess stewing or making a fricassée should work out better.
>>
>>7190661
>Cut up the chicken breast into whatever size you want
>Dip it in the eggs then the breadcrumbs

You forgot to season the chicken in between those two steps.
>>
>>7190713
>Should the "fingers" be removed and fried separately?

totally up to you.

>>Should i use a meat tenderizer
Depends on what you mean. I wouldn't use a meat tenderizer powder. On the other hand if you mean a meat mallet or other physical object to whack the chicken into a uniform shape--yes, that would be good for pan-frying. You want the chicken of even thickness so it cooks uniformly.

>> I've found that poking it with my thumb works better than a meat thermometer.
Sounds like you already have this worked out. I used to use a meat thermometer, now I've done it enough I can tell by the texture.
>>
>>7182486
>>>7178909
>This sounds pretty dope, anon. I'll be doing this for dinner tomorrow night. Have you ever substituted the rosemary with thyme?

Great imput. Thyme is much less intrusive of a flavor as rosemary. Chicken + Thyme? Oh yes. Then you said something about onions n sheit.

This guy is mein negger.
>>
>>7190717
I've never seen the need really, what would you add?
>>
>>7179244
No. Not /fit/ nice b8 m8. Autist detected.
>>
>>7178827
Lol Anon can't cook
>>
Breaded.
You just need an egg and some bread crust.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.