[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw just ate ~900 calories worth of unsalted cashews how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1287086858971.jpg (10 KB, 272x246) Image search: [Google]
1287086858971.jpg
10 KB, 272x246
>mfw just ate ~900 calories worth of unsalted cashews

how are these things so high in calories? it doesn't even feel like I ate that much. I can easily tell when I eat a 900cal pizza or chinese or something cause I'm full after them, but the cashews didn't even remotely fill me up

nutritionists insist unsalted cashews are healthy and don't cause obesity etc, but 900 calories of anything can't be good
>>
If you don't eat more calories than you burn then it doesn't really matter how many cashews you eat
>>
File: 1425828831290.jpg (82 KB, 566x578) Image search: [Google]
1425828831290.jpg
82 KB, 566x578
fats are more calorie-dense than any other source of energy, and nuts are particularly laden with fats
>>
Most nuts are around 50:50 fat and carbohydrates by weight. So look at a handful of nuts, and then imagine half a handful of pure lard. That's basically what you're eating.
>>
if you eat enough cashews your shit will be oily and make your toilet look like a lava lamp
>>
>>7178525
>nut fats equal to lard

Top kek, m8.

Nuts are extremely rich in unsaturated fats compared to saturated fats. Unsaturated fats can actually help lower cholesterol and increase brain stimulation/activity among other extremely good benefits.

Saturated fats are the bad fats found in vegetable oils, butters, milk, dairy, cheese etc. that can lead to heart problems and unhealthiness. Limit this to less than 10% of your daily caloric value. You can measure this by multiplying the amount of saturated fats you eat in grams by 9, then dividing that by the total calories you eat in a day. OP is probably fucked if he ate 900 calories worth, or not if he barely eats any carbs or proteins.
>>
File: 1347801730813.png (75 KB, 215x256) Image search: [Google]
1347801730813.png
75 KB, 215x256
>>7178407
>tfw used to eat like 1200 calories worth of nuts daily when I was on a mad bulk

The best time of my life
>>
It is a big lie that fatty food will fill you up. Quite the opposite, fatty food triggers a gorge impulse.

Stick with high carb, low fat foods like beans and potatoes and whole wheat bread. i'd stay away from pasta though.
>>
>>7178525
Do the same comparison with your brain and it'd be more accurate.
>>
>>7180133
>the best time of his life was eating nuts
>>
>>7180275
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>7178407
Well for one thing nuts are difficult to digest. Almonds, for example, only have 85% of their total fat content available for metabolization.
Salt isn't that bad. Don't eat pure salt, but, like, if you're going to eat 900 calories of something you should at least have it taste good.
>>
>>7178525
A hand full of nuts has a lot of empty space in it. A hand full of lard doesn't.
>>
>tfw can't eat nuts because medical issues
>>
i can also inhale huge quantities of nuts and still find myself desperate for more

maybe it has something to do with them being pretty solid compared to pizza or whatever, taking longer to digest which might make your body not get signals that you are brimming with calories as quickly or something
>>
I ate a pound of pistachios the other day. It was fucking awesome.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.