[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Finnish (christmas) school food!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: DSC_0002.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Free Finnish (christmas) school food!
>>
File: 20151217_113552.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151217_113552.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Im contribootin guise
>>
File: 1450345023043.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1450345023043.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Its quite nice (and free)
>>
File: Dkr1h.jpg (25 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
Dkr1h.jpg
25 KB, 395x405
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
It's pretty good
>>
>>7178054
>>7178057
>>7178059
>>7178062
>not adding milk to your porridge
?
>>
>>7178064
Its allready made of Milk, faggot
>>
>>7178059
Shut up J
>>
Sugar doesn't belong on rice porridge you child.
>>
>>7178070
Its cinnamon U nigger
>>
>>7178074
Ssure kid
>>
>>7178074

i'ts cinnamon and sugar mixed

it's called cinnamonsugar
>>
>>7178086
I know:(
>>
File: Django_Unchained_34925[1].jpg (29 KB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
Django_Unchained_34925[1].jpg
29 KB, 480x200
>>7178086
can you spell it?
>>
>>7178070
yes it does idiot
>>
i think that is rice pudding, not porridge.
>>
>>7178099

enjoy your diabetes
>>
>>7178054
Fuck yeah.
Now a USA nigger just needs to deep fry it and add whipped cream and butter.
>>
where's the sauce?

nothing wrong with rice porridge

but you need the sauce, preferably made out of berries and not prunes
>>
>>7178162

like this, fucking delicious
>>
>>7178164
You think we have money for that
>>
>>7178168
I do and I'm unemployed.
>>
Looks tasty to me, honestly.
>>
Americans do this for Thanksgiving
>>
>>7178187
I know this looks somewhat appetizing, but I still can't help but think back to my school days. I know for a fact this isn't as good as it looks.

>carrots

Definitely soggy. Tiny flakes of pepper on them for some reason. They're pretty much canned carrots.

>mashed potatos

Can't go wrong with this.

>Yams or sweet potato

No excuse for it to look like that. Also, the mashed potatos are leaking into it. They will literally taste as watery as they look.

>Random mush on top of a microwavable turkey meat

This will taste okay. The crap on top will be about as meh as the other mush though.

I remember these meals well. They're designed to trick you. It's really as bad as any other meal they served in schools, it's just that this is better than the other meals. It's like saying the poop you took today is better than yesterday's poop.

The problem with these threads is that there's always someone on the defensive and pushing people back for criticizing this. Frankly, there's no excuse to serve crap to children. This goes with parents. Taking you back to my school days, what did parents normally pack for their kids? Cheerios and potato chips in one bag. Baloney in a hot dog bun. Maybe PB&J if they're lucky. Only a few people actually had decent meals packed for them. These days I know firsthand what parents are doing. They literally take 5 minutes in the morning to slap things together out of their fridge for their kid. Then they take more time for themselves when it comes to their own lunches for work. I'm just happy knowing that I don't make excuses for laziness when it comes to feeding people. Been a caretaker for around 10 years after all.
>>
>>7178175
Okay, we have berry soup with normal porridge, but not with christmas porridge.
>>
It's free food. It's always good when it's free.
>>
File: miilchris.jpg (71 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
miilchris.jpg
71 KB, 660x350
Ayy lmao, is dat sum Milchreis I see there?

Really tastes great.
>>
>>7178217
Finns do.

t. actual white finngol
>>
>>7178394

in every school I done went to they served rice porridge with cinnamonsugar and at home we just had it with milk and cinnamon

it's not unheard of to use berry soup, but save that shit for the poor people who can't afford cinnamon.
>>
File: jouluruoka-2-2011.jpg (49 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
jouluruoka-2-2011.jpg
49 KB, 604x453
>>7178394
>>7178396
Hear hear. I'll have none of this "berry soup with rice porridge" nonsense. It was always oatmeal with berry soup, and rice porridge with cinnamonsugar. Once or twice we had raisin soup to accompany, but no-one touched that because it looked like runaway granny nipples floating in jellied eel diarrhea, and the lunch ladies looked like it really might be just that for serious.

I do remember the real christmas meals though, too. Dunno if they've nixed them for austerity by now though. A few decades ago, when I attended elementary, we used to have sweetened potato pudding, breaded and buttered turnip pudding, carrot and rice casserole, beet salad, green salad, proper ham and drippings, rye bread, milk, juice, home-beer, et cetera, and wee "present" bags of cookies and other sweets. There were also always those little boxes of raisins in those gift bags. Nipple terrorism, I say.

The atmosphere was always nice too. Every cafeteria table would be arranged in a long row, and covered with a (disposable) red tablecloth strip running from one end to the other. And there'd be wee candles on tea tasses, and the lights would be dimmed, and the loudspeakers would play christmas music, and only occasionally one of us would light someone's something on fire with the candles, or smear ham lard on girls' hair.

Hm, didn't find an appropriate picture. This school seems to be doin' an open buffet table, even. For ants.
>>
>>7178054
Never saw that served with bread before.
>>
>>7178054
y the bread tho?
>>
Its traditional christmas bred called "limppu"
>>
>>7178797
I'm not so sure about that. No properly spiced limppu is that white.
>>
It looks humble and comfy. I'd try it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.