[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foods that you hate and don't know why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: fresh_braid-lg.jpg (30 KB, 750x458) Image search: [Google]
fresh_braid-lg.jpg
30 KB, 750x458
>smooth
>creamy
>very mild
>just a hint of sweetness
And I can't fucking stand it, makes me gag
Anyone have something like this? Something you'd think you'd love, but you try it and it's revolting?
>>
tomatoes for me. i love every tomato product, and i love acidic stuff so i always think i'll like tomatoes but every time i try to eat one on a sandwich or in salads i have to just take all the tomatoes out because i can't stand the taste/texture.
>>
Mozarella cold is bland as all hell, you need to melt it or use it to compliment some other flavor.
>>
Truffles. Tastes like motor oil.
>>
>>7177649
sure it's bland but it should be palatable
I can't get the stuff down at all unless it's on pizza or something
>>
Eggs

I love quiches, and can tolerate scrambled eggs, but I don't like them.

Any other preparation of eggs including omelettes makes me gag.
>>
>>7177662
Well, melting it does completely alter the flavor, so that makes sense.
>>
Curry. As in anything made with a typical 'curry powder.' After looking up what goes into them and a bit of testing I realized fenugreek was the culprit. I don't know why it's included in almost every blend. It's that sweet fake maple smell and it just makes me sick.
>>
large chunks of potatos or potato skin. I'm fine with fries or mashers (as long as there's no skin mixed in).
>>
egg yolks

I have to be that fag who orders egg whites at brunches and shit
>>
File: Paulie.jpg (29 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Paulie.jpg
29 KB, 480x270
>>7177643
>>
>>7177643
AY OH MOZZARELL
>>
The American ""palate"" cannot cope with unmelted cheese for some reason
>>
>>7177731
>the non-american looks on with curiosity, trying to discover the ways of his superiors
>>
>>7177643
MAT ZA DELL
>>
>>7177724
>not liking walnuts
>>
File: Zabaglione.jpg (23 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
Zabaglione.jpg
23 KB, 400x268
>>7177740
>>
File: 1450114415422.png (166 KB, 376x302) Image search: [Google]
1450114415422.png
166 KB, 376x302
>caprese salads
>>
>Pepperoni pizza
>>
>>7177643
Mozarella for me to senpai, the melted consistency is so fucking gross reminds me of semen for some weird reason, like chewy weird semen. Always hated it
>>
>>7177926
please ignore the senpai
>>
>mild cheese
just kill me
>>
>>7177931
this
even shit like cheddar, if it's not sharp enough it's just awful
>>
>>7177643
Fish. Every kind of fish except shrimp.
>>
>>7177643
Bananas
And its such an awesome fruit
>>
>>7177643
Celery.
I hate the stringy texture of it when you pull it apart, but it is even worse in soups when it gets all soggy.
Then the flavor is bland and sharp at the same time in an ungodly texture.
>>
>>7177647
Thats too bad, I love them
Ill fucking eat them plain with salt on top, I just dont give a fuck.
>>
None of you belong here.
>>
>>7177961
>humans
>having taste
I know right?
>>
>>7177966
If you have a vomit-inducing aversion completely normal foods based on childish whimsy, you are a picky eater and thus don't belong here.
>>
>>7177973
so, taste?
>>
>>7177976
What the fuck are you even trying to say? Tosser.
>>
>>7177985
I'm saying that you just described taste, autist
>>
>>7177973
So, people who eat literal shit belong on /ck/? Should we have threads about the finer arts of sauteeing a fresh cowpat? Feces is a completely normal thing for some people to eat.

Some people don't like some things. Most people don't decide what they do or do not like; it just happens.
>>
>>7177989
I described faggots who pick foods to hate at random and then avoid them because they can't get over a mental block.
>>
>>7178005
Shit is inedible you twat. I know for a fact you faggots are whimsically and arbitrarily fussy because I exhibited the same retarded artificial preferences when I was younger. I decided I didn't like certain foods, music, whatever, like all children do and it creates a self-convincing mental block you can't get over. Anybody who isn't retarded should grow out of it.
>>
>>7177643
Mushrooms are awful
>>
>>7177649
>>7177662
>>7177682

good, fresh buffalo mozzarella is compleetely different and way better just eaten cold
>>
>>7178014
>Shit is inedible
Literally Google it.
>>
>>7177673
This, but more so.
I draw the line at french toast - quiche is 2egg4me.
>>
>>7177643
I buy Frigo string cheese from Costco in big ass bags.
I love them

I forgot them in my pocket, was browsing the web for like 4 hours before I remembered them.
Ate them warm, was decent. Cold is best though
>>
>>7178047
You can make them into mozzarella sticks pretty easily by frying them like anything else
>>
Fucking nutella. I used to like it until one day or was the last thing I ate before a 24 hour bug.. now I can't even smell it without feeling the need to vom. So unfortunate because I know it's delicious.
>>
>>7178051
That doesnt sound like a bad idea.
I threw away my fryer because I was too lazy to clean it, rarely used the thing. Been meaning to get another cheap one.
>>
>>7178063
I do all my frying in a stock pot
>>
>>7178014
I know as a bong you're probably used to eating revolting foods, but the rest of the world isn't
Congratulations on force-feeding yourself shit that you hate
>>
>>7178884
We aren't talking about extremes of food, we're talking about fucking tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella, eggs, fish. I could understand if you weren't too keen on them but how can you hate such normal foods so strongly?
>>
>>7177643
>Something you'd think you'd love, but you try it and it's revolting?
A long list of my favorite foods were things I hated when I first tried them. Cilantro, eggplant, Chinese fermented black beans, Swiss chard, cumin, corn tortillas, whole wheat bread... These were all things I tried expecting to like, and thought they were disgusting. But I kept eating them, because I knew they were good things, and I was just missing out on how to enjoy them. After a while they became favorites of mine.

You just have to power through your initial disgust until you learn to love the food in question.
>>
>>7178902
Normal is relative m8
Some people weren't raised eating tomatoes or whatever, and even if you were it's very common for a child to build an association between a food and something unpleasant
For example, I hate chocolate milk because my mom would make me drink a glass of it before school every morning, and I hated going to school as a kid
As a result chocolate milk became associated with school which was already associated with misery, and I now find the taste highly unpleasant
>>
You know how people say "try a food 11 times and then you'll like it"

I've actually found this works. I forced myself to try things I didn't like. Now I'll eat literally any ingredient as long as it isn't prepared in a foul way
>>
Raisins. I love grapes, and am fine with other dried fruit (especially craisins), but raisins just taste like musty crap to me.
>>
Any type of bean or yoghurt.
>>
>>7178919
>my mom would make me drink a glass of it before school every morning,
Fucking America, man.
>>
>>7177941
shrimps are not fish
>>
Peppers, such as bell peppers

And then there's seafood. For some reason, I can't get it anywhere near my mouth without dry heaving. Even if I want to eat it, I just can't.
Oddly enough, I can eat tilapia and canned tuna, but that doesn't mean I like them.
>>
>mfw I hate crab legs
>mfw always hungry at the cinema
>>
Most oranges are too dry and bland for me. I like my citrus to fight back a little.
That said, cooked, prepared, juiced, or even half-decent quality? I love that shit.
>>
>>7178902
I didn't choose it. Your original thesis is flawed as well, because I used to love smoked salmon and clam chowder when I was a kid.

Tastes change. Taste buds die, and the things you used to like don't taste the same. And sometimes shit just fucks up. Biology is weird.

>>7179160
Seafood in general. I wonder why I dn't like crab or lobster or other bottom-feeders either, since everyone assures me that they are at least similar to shrimp/prawns, but I don't taste it. I taste disgusting fishtaste.
>>
>>7177687
Interesting, when I started getting into more Indian/middle eastern cooking all of it tasted... off to me until I came across fenugreek at my local grocery, that shit absolutely made my day. I live cooking with it.

I guess for some people it's like cilantro though
>>
>>7177643
shrimp

they always look so delicious, so red and crunchy and succulent

and then every time I give them a try it's another disappointment, wouldn't say revolting, just sweet, bland and boring
>>
>>7179184

I don't get it.
do you get served crab legs, and only crabs legs, at your cinema?
>>
>>7179295
Where do you live? Maybe they get shitty during long term shipment?

The texture of beans made me think of sand for years. I was a VERY picky eater as a child, and beans were the last thing I could get over. I tried for years only to tolerate them in low amounts in things like chili.

Aside from children having more sensitive taste buds, I realized most of my pickiness had to do with how something was prepared. My father liked his veggies boiled to mush, and so I shied away from them at every dinner.

Cooking has allowed me to learn how to enjoy anything. I now realize that beyond texture, I never liked beans because people love that shit with bacon and syrup in it from the can.

I cook them with broth and fucking spices and I love them, what a surprise...

Texture is harder to get over than taste though, it's usually pretty ingrained. Food aversions from bad experiences vary, sometimes it's temporary, sometimes not.
>>
>>7179396
East coast of US, but the only oranges I had while growing up were from school lunches, so it's an irrational hatred.
However, when I went to Florida a few years back, I came to appreciate really good ones.
>>
>>7177926
> inb4 op is pretending he doesn't want to take a load
>>
>>7177643
candied fruit - love the look and smell of panettone but because of the bits I can't eat it

coriander , looks fresh and healthy but tastes like crap
>>
>>7179116
Word, works with gaysex too no homo
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.