[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons, so how do I into grilled cheese properly? In most of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: grilled-cheese-_-sex.jpg (38 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
grilled-cheese-_-sex.jpg
38 KB, 550x368
Anons, so how do I into grilled cheese properly?
In most of my attempts, when the bread is toasted to a point where letting it stay any longer would burn it, cheese hasn't fully melted yet. I'm covering the pan with a lid and using low heat.
What the hell am I doing wrong?
>>
Sous vide it first to bring the cheese up to temperature then flash fry at 220
>>
Heat isn't low enough. There's either something wrong with the stove or you need to use a smaller burner.
>>
>GRILLED cheese
>"Hey guise why won't it pan fry properly"
>>
>>7177356
>Being a raging pedant.
>>
you use a big pad of butter on each side?
>>
>>7177362
>What the hell am I doing wrong?
>Cooking it wrong
>OMG such a pedant lol
>>
>>7177377
You mean margarine.
>>
File: gc.jpg (987 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
gc.jpg
987 KB, 2048x1536
Made this earlier today.

You don't wan't your heat too high, but you also don't want it low and slow.

Make sure to butter the outside of both slices of bread, and flip it every so often so the outside doesn't get a chance to burn, while the inside heats through, and all the cheese is nice and melted.
>>
>>7177379
Everyone knows that a grilled cheese sandwich isn't literally made on an actual grill. It's made in a pan or on a griddle or flat top.
>>
>>7177349
Anon has it right. Sou vide with your bread and cheese (artisan sourdough of course) in separate bags at 107 F for 6 hours, then squirt the cheese on bread, then using your deep fryer at extremely high temps(like 500F) flash fry for 5.3 seconds. Top with a sriacha aioli. Dump souvide water into deep fryer.

Wala
>>
>>7177377
Yeah, I did. From the insides.
>>7177399
Please tell me you're joking.
>>
>>7177405
>not marinating your sourdough
When the hell did /ck/ become amateur hour?
>>
>>7177407
butter on the OUTSIDE
>>
>>7177427
What, really? I just buttered it from the inside just like a normal toast with cheese.
>>
File: 1406510115935.png (11 KB, 168x273) Image search: [Google]
1406510115935.png
11 KB, 168x273
>>7177456
no
>>
>>7177456
Nah man, the butter goes on the outside. To fry the bread in the butter. Otherwise what would be the point.
>>
>>7177401
That looks good.
I need to start buying toast, I never eat bread.
>>
>>7177521
>>7177469
I'm going to be back with the results in a few minutes.
>>
File: trayweb.jpg (79 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
trayweb.jpg
79 KB, 680x453
I always start mine under the broiler. Kinda like a lazy way to make alton brown's grilled grilled grill grilled grill grill cheese grill grilled cheese.
>>
File: 1443207875460.gif (2 MB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1443207875460.gif
2 MB, 499x281
>>7177567
>mfw oven doesn't have a broiler
>>
>>7177578
Welp, there's always the microwave.
>>
>>7177347
Easy cover your pan with a lid trapping the heat . When it's well browned on bottom add a little more butter and flip and cover again. Heat should be medium. You will essentially steam the cheese while maintaining crusty bottom
>>
>>7177592
Forgot to mention to add a know of tbs of butter in beggining
>>
File: DSC_0219.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0219.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>7177566
Well that kind of solved everything.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>7177597
>dat cancer coating tho
>>
>>7177597
Looks tasty anon, good job
>>
>>7177600
>browned food gives you cancer
>don't worry about the massive amount of pollution going on, worry about your grilled cheese instead
>>
>>7177600
I'll die of old age before my fucking grilled cheese sandwiches cause cancer.
>>
>>7177597
There you go anon. Looks good.
>>
>>7177597
>using the crust end for grilled cheese

come on, senpai
>>
>>7177600
Jesus fuck how autistic are you? Do you actually believe that the quantity of carcinogens in browned food are a threat before you're 400 years old?

>"b-but they're carcinogens so they're bad for you so-"

There's no "but". You can eat anything, in a sufficently adjusted quantity it won't kill you. You can eat cyanide, arsenic, or ricin- and it won't kill you in small quantities. The amount of carcinogens in browned food are negligible- if you ate ten of those a day, it'd still take a couple hundred years to yield any kind of toxic results. And let's face it, if you're complaining about a slightly dark coating on food you probably think vaccines cause autism and marijuana causes cancer and homosexuality.
>>
>>7177654
>marijuana causes cancer
uhhh... marijuana cures cancer and it opens up your lungs, it's good for you.

http://www.inquisitr.com/179549/smoking-marijuana-is-good-for-your-lungs-recent-study/
>>
>>7177665
lrn2sarcasm
>>
The use of mind altering drugs has a heavy correlation with mass murder atrocities.

Why has literally no-one bothered to investigate this? It is actually impossible to find a mass-shooting/terrorist attack in recent memory without cannabis/anti-depressants being involved

>b-but correlation ain't causation

1950s tobacco companies said this

>people in the year of our lord the sweet baby jesus christ still defend recreational drug use
>>
>>7177674
...but i was being sarcastic
>>
>>7177347
I'm no expert on this either, but I have learned you must use shredded cheese, not sliced cheese.
Finely shredded cheese melts much easier.
>>
>>7177674
do you actually think smoking marijuana cures cancer?
>>
>>7177347

thats some pretty cute grilled cheese desu senpai
>>
Butter both sides then stick in convection oven directly on rack for 10 minutes at 345. Perfectly crispy but not burnt with fully melted cheese every. Fucking. Time. Works great for pretty much any hot, toasted sandwich you want.
>>
>>7177759
i could see doing this if you had to make multiple sandwiches, but it wastes a lot of energy to heat a whole oven for one sandwich compared to a frying pan
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.