[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the choice between a healthy meal, and a tasty meal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: healthy.jpg (176 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
healthy.jpg
176 KB, 600x423
If you had the choice between a healthy meal, and a tasty meal? Which would you choose?

btw if you choose the first then you are literally an antivax soccer mom. Don't you know water is a chemical? Science is kewl.
>>
You say that is if they are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>7176949

I'll choose the healthy, tasty meal. Fuck you OP, they are not mutually exclusive, you fucking faggot.
>>
Kill yourself you fat piece of shit
>>
>>7176958
>>7176960
Why does anyone still pretend healthy food can taste good? We must have different definitions of healthy
>>
>>7176967

Give me an example of a healthy meal that shouldn't be tasty
>>
>>7176967
Same reason SJWs pretend fermented dog rectum is delicious. White guilt.
>>
File: spooceghoost.jpg (24 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
spooceghoost.jpg
24 KB, 640x430
>>7176967
it's people like you...
>>
>>7176967
>healthy food can't have any added oil or fat or salt and it all has to be raw vegetables
but that's wrong
>>
>>7176949
>If you had the choice between a healthy meal, and a tasty meal?
Thankfully I do not have to choose between the two. I live in a place where plenty of dining options qualify as both. There's a whole world of options between kale and a cheeseburger.
>>
>>7176967
nigga take that kale stir fry it with chili powder and garlic now you got tasty healthy it aint hard
>>
>>7176976
>a cheeseburger has to be unhealthy
>don't use half pound burger patty
>don't use cheap sugary white bread
>don't use 1/2 cup ketchup
>add lots of vegetable toppings
>>
>>7176967
I do think that there's such a health focus in our country that I call it healthism, a moral obligation for people to be healthy, and I think that we have to watch that too.
>>
>>7176949

Define what is 'healthy'.

For lunch I just ate: 2 pan fried (marinated) chicken thighs and 200g of steamed vegetables.

It only added up to ~700 calories and it has plenty of fiber from the vegetables. And there are micronutrients in the vegetables as well.
>>
>>7177003
Juliusreactionface.gif
>>
>>7176967
>Some protein
>Vegetables
>Some healthy oils or fats
>Seasoning like lemon juice, ginger, garlic, tumeric, herbs, spices or sauces made from produce, acids, oils or seasoning
>cook and place on plate in proper portions
>Healthy

>Baked unseasoned boneless skinless chicken breasts with sriracha and overcooked brown rice, ground flax, chia and raw kale, washed down with a big glass of spinach blended with water, almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
>Not healthy. Not tasty. Moronic meme dieting done by idiots.
>>
I know what youre trying to do so ill go for the plebest artery clogging lardburger over " oh europa. forbid! france might think i've gained a centimeter!" masturbatory retard trauma fest europe has.
>>
File: 1405700276680.png (171 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
1405700276680.png
171 KB, 432x480
>>7177012
Why is that second meal not healthy?
>>
>>7177728
It's mostly grains, and the kale's too tough to get much nutrition out of it. That's why nobody actually eats meals like that, except strawmen.
>>
>>7177741

Why are whole grains and fiber-rich vegetables unhealthy?
>>
>>7177744
that's not what he said
>>
>>7177748

>It's mostly grains, and the kale's too tough to get much nutrition out of it
>>
>>7177762
yes, that's not the same thing as saying fiber-rich vegetables and whole grains are unhealthy

he said too much grain is bad, and tough raw vegetables don't digest well
>>
>>7177767

Why'd he say those things?
>>
>>7177770
he said those things because it's true. eating too much of one thing means you're missing out on other food groups, and humans don't break down raw vegetables too well compared to herbivores
>>
>>7177773

Looks like he had several food groups in there. Raw kale might even be better than cooked kale http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22744944

But to say it's plain not healthy rather than just not as healthy as it could be? Why's he saying that?
>>
>>7177790
i feel like you're being pedantic and facetious so this'll be my last reply to you bb

sure, there were multiple food groups, but the portion sizes are off. it's been known that cooking vegetables reduces vitamin c, but it DOES make them easier to digest, resulting in other vitamins and minerals being freed up for absorption.

there's no fat, and fat helps you absorb certain vitamins, not to mention that all of that food is very low in calories. this is a good thing if you're trying to lose weight i suppose, but you still need a certain amount of calories per day.

it's just excessive, going overboard trying to be healthy.

>captcha tells me to choose images with bread
>it thinks a pastry with powdered sugar is bread
>>
>>7177811

>the portion sizes are off

He didn't even list portion sizes

>it's been known that cooking vegetables reduces vitamin c, but it DOES make them easier to digest, resulting in other vitamins and minerals being freed up for absorption.

Clicky my linky

>there's no fat, and fat helps you absorb certain vitamins

"ground flax, chia"

It doesn't sound tasty but it doesn't sound like an unhealthy meal
>>
>>7177811
>the portion sizes are off
no portion sizes were listed
>there's no fat
there is fat chicken breast, brown rice, flax seeds, chia and almond milk
>>
I would choose the healthy meal because I'm poor and I don't always have access to healthy food. when you don't have anything healthy for three or four days you really start to feel it, it sucks.
>>
>>7177847
Whenever I hear someone say they can't eat healthy because they're poor, I automatically know they must be lazy as shit and probably uneducated as well.
Healthy food is cheap as fuck.
Protip: healthy food doesn't come in a box. Stop buying over priced shit with packaging with exclamation marks all over it saying Fat Free!!!!!!
Swear to God poor people deserve their lot in life if they can't figure out how to eat healthy on a budget. Too busy pounding back boxed, frozen shit and sugar filled industrial waste to figure out that vegetables and meat are cheaper than frozen dogshit pizza.
>>
>>7177847

Buy the largest bulk size of rice you can.
Buy dry beans, and any cheap vegetables that you can find in large amounts.

If you can cook offal meats then cook and eat them because they have tons of micronutrients in them and are still good.

I'm not sure where you're from, however in Australia we have some stupid recommendation of: 300 carbs / 60 fats / 50 protein - or something similar like that for macronutrient compositions for our daily calories.
>>
>>7177878
Especially if you buy in bulk.

>buy oatmeal in bulk
>buy coffee beans in bulk
>buy nuts in bulk
>veggies and fruits usually come out to around $1 - 3 a pound/bundle

The only thing that's really expensive is buying protein sources and berries. Berries here typically cost around $6 for 170g containers, which will last around 2 - 3 days if you mix with oatmeal or yogurt.

Greek yogurt containers typically cost $1 to $1.65 depending on brand/quality, and single serve tuna packets usually cost $1.15 to $1.65 a packet.

If you know how to play your cards right, you can spend less than $400 - 500 a month on groceries.

**Or if you're super poor you can just buy oats in bulk and eat oatmeal for every meal**
>>
>>7177878

>and meat

Even better, beans
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.