[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans get so worried about raw/undercooked food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: american scrambled eggs.jpg (33 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
american scrambled eggs.jpg
33 KB, 630x419
Why do Americans get so worried about raw/undercooked food?

Is it a flyover thing?
>>
they live in a shithole with poor quality food
>>
Why do Europeans constantly obsess over America?
>>
>>7175291
we're just laughing at you
>>
>>7175281
because they have lax food processing standards compared with europe. see bacon/eggs.
>>
>>7175291
Why do people laugh at the playground retarded kid?
>>
>>7175294
>at you
Not even American, it's just bargain basement banter, and pretty pathetic. There's very little traffic the other way laughing at the habits of the urban poor of Europe for instance, they simply don't care.
>>
>>7175323
Buddy, think about it. Most of the "kek Amerrikans" stuff is bottom-of-the-barrel, yeah? The sort of stuff you'd cringe at if anyone said it in real life or about anyone else. Americans are also considered to be generally bad at or disinterested in banter.

It's your trash talking shit about the only people who are either don't care or are too out of the loop to humiliate them for trying.
>>
File: 1440194895808.jpg (77 KB, 490x554) Image search: [Google]
1440194895808.jpg
77 KB, 490x554
See pic
>>
Probably because raw/undercooked foods aren't only unhealthy, they also taste worse than properly cooked foods. Enjoy your salmonella, though.
>>
>>7175330
If that was true this image wouldn't exist though.
Face facts that you both deserve each other.
>>
File: ruined steak.jpg (2 MB, 2836x2168) Image search: [Google]
ruined steak.jpg
2 MB, 2836x2168
>Americans WILL defend this
>>
>>7175323
>There's very little traffic the other way laughing at the habits of the urban poor of Europe for instance, they simply lead normal productive lives
>>
File: 1450235037537.jpg (16 KB, 210x246) Image search: [Google]
1450235037537.jpg
16 KB, 210x246
>>7175330
It's hilarious how some American spent the time of day making this in paint to prove how aloof and disinterested he was
>>
>>7175394
he did it as a service to the other millions of americans who needed an image like that, it wasn't for your benefit :^)
>>
>>7175387
ruined? theres still pink in it. needs at least another 10 minutes
>>
>>7175281
Don't you have bigger things to worry about over in the Caliphate?
>>
>>7175281
I've never heard anyone even mention undercooking their meat until I encountered the anglosphere with their medium rare steaks.
>>
>>7175394
Doing things for the benefit of others must be an American thing. We're in it together.

>>7175281
Yolk is gross when it's under cooked. It's not that it's harmful, it's that it tastes bad and taints anything else because it fucking spills over the rest of your food. Cook it properly, 'til it's set, and it tastes better than raw. There's a reason you eat shit like pork and hamburger cooked, because it tastes better. Eggs are one of those things that taste better cooked.
>>
>>7175513

Matter of preference I think. I greatly prefer the taste and the texture of a runny yolk compared to a cooked one.
>>
File: average jack fans.png (50 KB, 842x383) Image search: [Google]
average jack fans.png
50 KB, 842x383
>>
>>7175281
I'm guessing you've never had salmonella.
>>
>>7175646
>positive 2 likes
Jesus
>>
As an American who often calls out bongs and yuropoors for their pictures of overcooked, burnt eggs, above or below a pile of slop, I find this thread to be nothing more than the remnants of Australian shitposting.
>>
Since they're so afraid of getting attacked by any other country in the world, they may see raw food as some kind of terrorism that will take away their freedom of being morbidly fat and disgusting.
>>
>>7175658
In my county everyone have salmonella. Is right of passing. Makes boys into men.
>>
>>7175281
What foods are you even talking about?
>>
>>7175817
>As an American
Opinion concerning food discarded.
>>
>>7175646
Shes probably a pooloo, not American
>>
>>7175281
I'm a US citizen and I think !most people are simply uninformed. Upton sinclare shit was a long time ago.

But a month ago I went to tampa, ordered a pork chop and the server asked me for a temp...I was at a loss for words... So all is not lost.
>>
>>7175984

Go to sleep, 'straya. Tomorrow is a school day.
>>
>>7175281
This really bothers me.
"Excuse me! The salmon is undercooked! My mom cooks it fucking dry and disgusting!"
Some guests should not be allowed at restaurants...
>Do you have ketchup for my well done lambchop?
>You did'nt say the garlic bread contained gluten.
>Is this fish I payed $6 for fresh?
>Can I borrow the GUEST bathroom for free?
>no
>no
>no
>>
>>7175387
Meh, I'd eat it. The flavor won't be as good but I'm not so picky that I need the best stuff all the time.
>>
>>7175646
>ali
fucking sandnigger canĀ“t even into english
>>
>>7175646
Huh, that's why rare steak is safe to eat...
>>
>>7175976
this is why europe is so great
>>
>>7175961
name one morbidly obese american you know
>>
>>7175281
Poor food standards.
>>
Fear and mistrust over sanitary practices.

I believe the general rule is beef is okay to eat rare as long as it isn't ground beef/hamburger, don't overcook chicken, but COOK THE SHIT OUT OF PORK.
>>
>>7177807
I've heard pork is safe enough in the US that it doesn't need to be well done.

I rolled the dice just a handful of times on slightly pink porkchops and never had any problems from it.

It's odd, it really does taste different. Tastes better, but I can't say for certain how much was preparation overall and how much was not cooking them to hell and back.
>>
>>7175513
>>7175402

>doing things for the benefit of others
>healthcare
>>
>>7177834
Trich can be asymptomatic. Better safe than sorry my guy.
>>
>>7175281
Americans have a poor work ethic and will only follow the rules if they know they're gonna get caught so you end up with meat completely contaminated with faeces and food that's been reheated and frozen for dozens of times until there is an outbreak of food poisoning.

The american's typical attitude to this is to blame the illegal mexican workers rather than the bosses who hire them, complain about the gubmint when checks and balances are put in place and procedures followed to guarantee food safety and to believe that food poisoning in restaurants is unavoidable when it's perfectly avoidable when you follow proper hygiene practices.
>>
>>7175390
:^)
>>
>>7178003
It's just 2 kids riding bikes with some closed down stores in the background. The place still looks reasonably clean and vandalism free.
>>
>>7175394
>take 5 minutes to add flags
Your shopping skills are weak.
>>
>>7175394
It involved copying and pasting twice. Not exactly a herculean effort
>>
I ate severely undercooked chicken last summer.
>uncle half cooks chicken on grill, then throws it into the oven to finish it.
He says it keeps it from getting tough and dry
>i didnt know he did this, pulled the shit off the plate before he had finished it.

I put it on a bun and was eating it, wasnt pounded out real well so it was thin on the outside and thick in the middle.

I was halfway through the sandwich before I realized it was slimy and raw in the middle. I mean, it tasted funny but I didnt think too much about it.
I didnt get sick, but it was fucky
>>
>>7178081
Get a new uncle
>>
>>7175323
>There's very little traffic the other way laughing at the habits of the urban poor of Europe for instance

Chavs & Gopniks are literally a meme right across every board on 4chan.
>>
>>7175646
>Jack cooking meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6e5k6Vvnc

LOOK AT HOW JUICY IT IS THOUGH.
>>
>>7178228
>literally
>meme
No.
>>
>>7175281
It's really more of a middle aged woman thing in my experience. The only people I know who aren't middle aged women (MAW) that freak out about steak not being well done are teenagers and young adults that believed the MAW in their life, and adult males who are married to one and have basically chopped off their balls.
>>
>>7178276
maw?
>>
File: chav.jpg (19 KB, 245x247) Image search: [Google]
chav.jpg
19 KB, 245x247
>>7178247
Except they are. They are a meme. Across every single board. They are literally, a meme.

This is actually one of the few examples of the words "literally" and "meme" being used entirely correctly and you've managed to be so stupid you don't even recognise it.
>>
>>7178276
I thought it was a runaway food industry thing. You know, salmonella, pink sludge, nervous tissue and fecal matter in every food item, animals shot full of hormones and antibiotics, antibiot-resistant bacteria, et cetera. Since they don't have any actual enforced health and hygiene laws or supervision that aren't fully republicanized to shit in favour of a "pro-business enviroment" and all.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.