[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the thick, oily brew that's as dark as motor oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: moka.jpg (59 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
moka.jpg
59 KB, 1000x1000
How does the thick, oily brew that's as dark as motor oil these things make still manage to taste so good?
>>
its a paradox
>>
>>7173986
the cream rises to the top so they say
good methods and products last through the ages and are pervasive
>>
do you use an espresso grind, or something coarser?
>>
Should I buy one of these or a french press? Both are the same price.
>>
>>7175657
french press if you want normal coffee
moka pot if you want a shot of espresso but can't afford a real espresso machine
>>
>>7175398
Coarser.

>>7175769
I have an espresso machine, this brews something that tastes different from espresso.
>>
>>7176002
Moka pot coffee doesn't have the body and texture of a good espresso.

For those that like espresso strength coffee, but don't have a good machine, using the Arabic / Turkish brewing method gives better results than a moka pot does.
>>
>>7176139
>the Arabic / Turkish brewing method
Isn't this method just "grind the shit out of beans until you get a fine powder, then throw it into hot water"
>>
>>7176146
yup
>>
File: Cafe di Ragheadi.jpg (98 KB, 2000x2317) Image search: [Google]
Cafe di Ragheadi.jpg
98 KB, 2000x2317
>>7176146

Sort of...

1. Take 1tbs of powdery ground coffee per serving and add to container.
2. Add sugar, if desired.
3. Add cold water and stir.
4. Bring up to temp, but do not boil.
5. If the coffee is fresh and ground right, the oils in the coffee will start to bubble and froth before the coffee actually boils. Once the coffee starts to froth, remove from heat and serve. Some will repeat this process a couple of times before serving.
6. Give the coffee about 30 seconds before drinking to cool and allow the grains to settle.

This approach creates a coffee with a fuller body and flavor due to the fact that the crema / froth is included in each serving, and there's more coffee grains suspended in the brew itself. It's in between a good espresso and a moka / filter coffee.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.