[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've been reading some old novels where people are treating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
So, I've been reading some old novels where people are treating hot cocoa like coffee and tea, not drunk with milk or sugar. Nowadays when you think about hot chocolate, you think creamy and sweet not like how it was described in these novels.

Is there any special way of preparing cocoa to get this sort of taste? I was thinking of using a French press and some non-sweetened dark chocolate cocoa and brewing it like coffee. Would that work?
>>
>>7173792
>literally tryhard hipster: the post

I bet you only eat almonds that are activated too huh?
>>
>>7173800
How the hell do you activate an almond?
>>
>>7173806
Ask one of your liberal arts professors, I'm sure they'd know
>>
>>7173792
>>7173792
Just drink coffee. I got those Ethiopian whole beans from fresh roasted and it has a chocolatey after taste
>>
>>7173792
Cocoa powder and hot water.
>>
>>7173814
I don't do liberal arts. I build ships.
>>
>>7173792
I never use sugar when making it at home. You just get cocoa and make it without sugar. What's the point of using a French press?
>>
>>7173825
Yeah in glass in bottles but check this out. Maybe you can stumble upon a brewing method.

http://chocolatealchemy.com/cocoa-bean-roasting/
>>
There are a bunch of places that sell roasted cocoa beans now. Try crio bru. You brew it The same way you would coffee. It's not bad usually a bit richer and fruitier flavor then coffee. It's a nice occasional switch up from coffee.
>>
>>7173792
Don't use dark cocoa powder if you're doing that, it's heavily dutch processed. If you want something more traditional find some non dutched cacao powder, preferably raw. Then use sort of like coffee, like you said. Might be better to just start with raw cacao nibs and grind them yourself, so it's more coarse, but either way you can just let the solids settle out. It's definitely a different flavor to chocolate.
>>
>>7173792
woman on the left seems mildly annoyed by the other woman. enough with your shit, emma.
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MTU2NzIxMTY3.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MTU2NzIxMTY3.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>7174059
queen victoria didnt play no games
>>
>>7173818
I been doing this since high school
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.