[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leftover Egg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: eggs.jpg (783 KB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
eggs.jpg
783 KB, 5184x3456
What do you do with the leftover egg if a recipe uses only egg whites/yolks?
>>
Use white for meringues and yolk for mayo - or just throw it in the bin... How much is half an egg worth...?
>>
>>7173474
if i have whites left over, i make them into an omelet for breakfast the next day, if its yolks i'll save them and mix them with french toast next time i make it

if you're looking for something creative, you can make baked meringues with whites, or a custard/pudding with the yolks
>>
If I have leftover whites I throw them in the pan with some bacon for breakfast or late-night drunken breakfast.

If it's the yolk, which rarely happens, I make carbonara or bearnaise.
>>
>>7173474

Bake something else that requires the other part of the eggs....
>>
fry it up and eat it
>>
If yolks; custard, lemon curd, mayo, carbonara, hollandaise. If whites; any number of meringue dishes, dacquoise or angel food cake. Or just add either to some scrambled eggs.

If you make cakes
Egg white = Italian or Swiss buttercream
Egg yolk = French buttercream
>>
File: OmenShitThread-1.jpg (19 KB, 445x314) Image search: [Google]
OmenShitThread-1.jpg
19 KB, 445x314
>>7173474
you can use them to practice seasoning food anon

cook all of them and cut them into quarters. use different seasonings on all pieces and see what youlike best

wala :)
>>
why not just eat some raw egg?
>>
>>7173523
especially the yolks
>>
>>7173474
Custard-like things (using the yolk as a binding agent, temperature has to be controlled for this).

Mayo works too.
>>
>>7173480
Usually more (calorie wise too).

Whole egg 5.90 €/kg (100%, W:~87%, Y:~154%)
Egg white 5.15 €/kg (~115%, W:100%, Y:~177%
Egg yolk 9.10 €/kg (~64%, W:~56%, Y:100%)

Unless ...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/may/27/egg-white-craze-no-yolk
>A curious result of the albumen craze is that egg whites are now significantly more expensive than the yolks, according to industry analysts.

http://www.urnerbarry.com/
>>
>>7173474
>Save yolks for mayo
>fry whites for tasty snack
>>
Are there dishes that call for just the egg whites?
>>
>>7173474
Egg whites to clarify stocks. Yolks for carbonara and custards. Also egg whites are used to make chocolate mousse by raymond blanc.
>>
Put them in milk, add a little vanilla essence, shake until frothy, drink until ecstatic.
>>
>>7173474
things that come to mind not already mentioned:
Yolks: salad dressing, in fresh pasta or pasta filling, in rich bread products, in dip, in batter, and in a liaison for sauce
Whites: whip and fold into starchy pie or tart fillings and as a leavening for various other baked goods (like muffins, cookies, or cupcakes), salt crust, royal icing, frosting
>>
>>7173474
Throw them at cops while yelling "COPPERS YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!"
>>
>>7175536
Lots of desserts do, and you can just add it to anything as a binding protein. When I make burger paddies I use egg whites in with the meat to bind it and the yolks to make a spicy mayonaise type sauce
>>
>>7175191
While these may be market prices, I don't think John Doe would collect eggs in that way and even if so, would not be able to sell them.
So you're wrong. In OP's case:

Whole egg: 1€/ton
Egg yolks: 0€/ton
Egg white: 0€/ton
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.