[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/! I've never been here before but I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Hey /ck/! I've never been here before but I've been redirected here by some anons from /an/ for one question. I'm a n00b pescetarian (I don't eat land animals) and I was wondering if you had any meal/snack ideas because it's getting hard to make meals without meat :/
>>
So you eat birds?
>>
>>7172183
I laughed way harder than I should have
>>
>>7172171
Does your life even have any porpoise?
>>
>>7172171
So why restrict only land animals and not fish?
It just sounds pretty artificial way to separate what's okay to eat when you consider eating fish has it's own share of health issues not to mention any ethical reasoning will sound hypocritical at best.
Vegan or bust.
>>
>>7172264
Fish are ugly
>>
>>7172171
Protip: fish meat is still meat.
>>
have you tried not being a faggot?
>>
Since OP didn't manage to reason himself I'm gonna do it for him because my GF is a pescetarian.
Basically they don't eat meat because all meat which is available has been bred in captivity meaning fish are free to swim in the ocean and they have a "good life" so they can be eaten.
As far as your question is concerned OP, go with pasta and veggies. Depending on the price of the fish on your market you can add fish meals once or more a week. I don't really see any variety in pescetarianism. I tried it while I was meeting my GF for weekends but I just can't eat the same items over and over again.
>>
>>7172280
So that would mean any hunted game should be a-ok in pescetarian's books. Which in my opinion would already be a lot more reasonable position to take.
>>
>>7172171
Google
>>
>>7172294
It would yes but for some flawed logic it is still not because by being a vegetarian you imply you don't eat any meat. You can't win with them.
>>
How do you pronounce pescetarian?
>>
>>7172330
You can't sell hunted meat I thought
>>
ITT: WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY THAN ME
>>
>>7172332
Piss cat arian
>>
>>7172171
Ask the Portuguese. Apparently they have 365 recipes just for cod.
Try sole as well, it's simple so there are a lot of recipes for it (but apparently redlisted by Greenpeace, so if this is about the environment scratch that).
Mussels with fries if you're not just going for fish but seafood as well. Oysters and shrimp too.
If you're lazy you could just go for fishsticks, I suppose. Try and branch out, experiment. Steaming, grilling, baking, smoking, shrimpfilled tomatoes, salmon lasagna,...Or just a fillet with some pasta. You can eat vegetables and fruit, so there's plenty to choose from.
>>
>>7172171
>it's getting hard to make meals without meat
You're just not thinking about it from the right angle. It shouldn't be hard. It should be easy and cheap. You need protein, so that pretty much means beans if you're relying on vegetable sources. Beans and greens go well together, as do some other assorted veggies and grains. Mix it up with a little tofu once in a while and some noodles if another meal that day already covered your protein.

For inspiration look at Greek Lenten dishes, Italian cucina povera, Indian vegetarian (including Sikh Langar) and Asian Buddhist cooking. Plenty of ideas out there to choose from.
>>
>>7172171
I like those Crab Delights, I roll 'em up in burritos with cheese and french's fried onions.
>>
>>7172294
>pescetarian
Why would you care what a "pescetarian" thinks or does. They matter about as much as faggots and islamics that wear diapers on their heads.
>>
>>7172330
Most fish are not. At least in Europe.
It is her lifestyle, I said I tried it during weekends and I didn't like it. That's why I suggested to OP that he should reconsider his choice. I don't care about her lifestyle choices as long as they don't interfere with mine.
Why so defensive ? I'm not gonna imply anything, just try to reason with you.
>>7172334
Depends on the country and laws. Usually you can't sell it unless it has passed all kinds of tests and you have a valid hunting license.
>>
File: 1441064005577.jpg (26 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1441064005577.jpg
26 KB, 640x427
here OP this channel will help. Go asian for good veggie and seafood dishes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMmZEL8jV1B61NKAXcyW87A
>>
>>7172171
That cat is cute! Cute!
>>
File: laughing_smug_animu_picture.jpg (93 KB, 724x653) Image search: [Google]
laughing_smug_animu_picture.jpg
93 KB, 724x653
>>7172228
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.