[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charcoal Grill Pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: grillednewyorkpizza.jpg (69 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
grillednewyorkpizza.jpg
69 KB, 550x367
Has anyone ever tried cooking a pizza on the grill?

Wouldn't it just fall through?
>>
File: jesus christ.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>Wouldn't it just fall through?
>>
>>7170516
Sure will. It is like putting a slice of cheese on a BBQ grill.

Pizza melts through the grates. Fucking horseshit man, trying to jew us out of BBQ pizza.
>>
Place I used to work I'd throw the pizza dough on the grill for around a minute on each side sometimes before topping it and finishing it in the pizza oven.

This was also in Providence, where the grilled pizza was popularized.
>>
>>7170551
Probably melted through the grill. And you got laid off because of lack of business because you never had pizzas to deliver.

Sorry anon. Never BBQ pizza again, that is your lesson in life.
>>
>>7170558

Nobody ever said anything about bbq pizza.

Why would you think it would fall through? It sounds like you're just going off that cooking fail image of the person who tried to cook a pizza directly on the oven rack.

Are you unaware that grilled pizza is a thing, and have you never worked with pizza dough and/or a grill before.

>in a few years fast food places are going to start offering "grilled" pizza and /ck/ flyovers are going to start calling it the latest meme food
>>
Grilled pizza works fine. A grill gets hot enough that when you put the dough on, it starts cooking immediately and starts crisping up before it gets a chance to fall down between the grates.
>>
>>7170516
taste the meat, not the heat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkQ48hWlcWQ
>>
I do it all the time, although I use a rectangular pizza because grills here are shaped like that.

Remember to cook one side, flip it and then add sauce/toppings since this is quite different from an oven.

Try to top it with some charred bell peppers, delicious. Use firewood (maple, hickory) for better taste.
>>
>>7170652
how do you cook it without it falling through?
>>
>>7170933

If you're worried about it, just put the pizza on a piece of aluminum foil, nigger.
>>
>>7170516
put it on a baking/pizza-stone
>>
>>7170933

It doesn't, heat it up to medium-high (put your palm above the grill, you shouldn't be able to count 5 Mississippi without having to remove it).
Shape and stretch your pizza dough, it should be consistent and elastic, use extra flour if needed.
Fold it in half twice, put it over the grill and unfold it quickly.
Let it cook for ~3 minutes (depending on thickness), flip it and put your sauce, cheese and toppings of choice.
Do not cook over fire, let the embers settle down so you get an even heat.
You can additionally cook your toppings on a cast iron skillet over the grill or use the hot ashes to cook vegetables such as aubergines, bell peppers and onions. Always get the most out of a good fire.

Good luck
>>
>>7171008
>putting your sauce on cooked dough
>>
>>7171211

Sadly that's the only way to do it on the grill, I generally use a light sauce cooked on a cast iron saucepan over the grill.

If you have another way to add sauce without undercooking the top of the pizza I'd be happy to hear it, I've tried putting an iron lid on it but at that point I'd rather use my mud oven.
>>
>>7170625
It melts through. I have tried it dummy.
>>
>>7173290

See,

>>7170648
>>
All hail the glorious Pit Boys, Gods of the Charcoal Grill:

https://youtu.be/UVeQBHludGs
>>
>>7173290
If it melts through, you're doing it wrong. Either your dough isn't dry enough or your grill isn't hot enough, or possibly both.
>>
>>7170516
>Has anyone ever tried cooking a pizza on the grill?
Not all grates are far apart to that degree. You can buy a pizza stone (or make one from bricks) if you need a flat surface. Cast iron plates work nicely too. Season them up.
>>
>>7173370
Or you can't BBQ a pizza. It sags in the grates and "melts" through. Basic physics really.
>>
>>7170538
Correct
>>
>>7173382
If it sags through the grates, either your dough is too relaxed, your dough is insufficiently developed or your dough isn't firm enough. It's pretty easy to grill pizza m8
>>
>>7173395
It is not possible. The toppings and sauce force it (by gravity) through the grates in the grill. Plain and simple m8
>>
>>7173405

How long are you going to keep bumping this by just ignoring everyone and insisting that it's not possible?

A fucking video was posted showing a restaurant that's been around for decades making grilled pizzas.

>m8

Oh, you're just a shitposter that's only ever had imported American fast food pizza before.
>>
>>7173502
>Imported American Fast Food Pizza

Salty yuro. Think the Romans made pizza first?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.