[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coffee General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Discuss beans, brewing, roasting, your favourite drinks, roasters & shops. Shit on other peoples preferences and so forth.

Pic related is my current setup, also have a scale and asking for a Gooseneck kettle+V60 or Kalita wave for Xmas.
>>
>No siphon

no thanks
>>
>>7170561
siphons don't make very good coffee in all reality, they're a neat thing to watch but the coffee tastes pretty shit.
>>
>>7151863

Already a thread mate
>>
>>7170574

Read: I like my coffee extremely dark and smokey. I also burn my mouth when I drink it because thats how I like it.
>>
File: memes.jpg (8 KB, 420x185) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
8 KB, 420x185
>Not one, but TWO meme presses
>Handheld burr grinder

Pic related.

Nah just fucking with ya, pretty good setup.
>>
File: gearsies.jpg (141 KB, 732x803) Image search: [Google]
gearsies.jpg
141 KB, 732x803
>>7170579
No, siphons are just very finicky, and make it difficult to get an even brew. Not to mention they are delicate and expensive. You'd be much better off getting a v60 or something along those lines.

>>7170461
Pic related is some of my setup, although I don't use the kettle pictured much as it is a pain to use at home. Awesome to pour with, awful to get water hot enough with.

Vibin' off some Guatemala Huehuetenango women's co-op stuff. Huge amounts of baker's chocolate, with some brown sugar and cherry, and some peach on the nose. Very well suited to espresso.
>>
>>7170598
that's a gr8 kettle, I'm probably just gonna get an electric bonavita for the convenience, nice set up tho, jelly. The coffee in my pic is a Nicaraguan natural process and it's one of the best coffees I've had in quite a while, my local shop became the Canadian dealer for Rightside coffee recently apparently so I'm hoping to be drinking a lot more of it in the future, though it's pretty expensive but worth it.
>>
File: 1449893674470.jpg (10 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1449893674470.jpg
10 KB, 200x250
>tfw picked up a DeLonghi superauto espresso machine for $50 from some rich fucks who used it twice a decade ago and just wanted it out of their house
>>
>>7170598
What am I looking at
>>
>>7170858
espresso machine, grinder, kettle/scale/pourover
>>
>>7170823
Waste of money
>>
File: snake-bomb1.jpg (236 KB, 301x748) Image search: [Google]
snake-bomb1.jpg
236 KB, 301x748
Just got a delonghi ec155 espresso machine. still getting used to it. some of pic related is arriving tomorrow.
>>
>>7170823
You mentioned that in the other thread. I was the one with the broken Starbucks machine. How are the pumps holding up after all that time? After getting a brand new semi-auto i realized how awful my Starbucks Barista had gotten before it died. They degrade so much with time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.