[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I use sugar/brown sugar instead of honey in this sticky orange/honey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Honey Lemon Chicken 500.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Honey Lemon Chicken 500.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
Can I use sugar/brown sugar instead of honey in this sticky orange/honey chicken recipe?
>>
I wouldn't
>>
>>7170121
I have some chicken tights marinating in soy sauce, garlic and orange right now, but just realized I don't have any honey.

How do I get it sweet, sticky and yummy? I'll also add thyme and parsley later.
>>
Yes, just not in the same amounts.
>>
bump for more options
>>
I've done it before, but you needs to consider the sweetness. If you want the dish to have a hint of sweetness it'll work, otherwise the more brown sugar you use the more it'll taste of brown sugar (Obviously).

I've used brown sugar for Teriyaki sauce and the like before and it works, but for things like sweet and sour, not sure it would turn out so good.
>>
>>7170123
>chicken tights
>>
>>7170215
>>7170215
I used two heavy pinches of white sugar and it was perfect to balance the acidity of the orange/vine vinegar. It was sticky and sweet. sorry for the shitty camera, there's more sauce in it than it looks.
>>
>>7170442
>>7170442
Original recipe was a tablespoon of honey by the way.
>>
>>7170442
WA LA

(just kidding. i would eat that hell outta that fambam)
>>
>>7170235
I likes me some tight thighs
>>
>>7170121
It should work. I use brown sugar and vinegar as my base for sweet and sour meatballs.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
Various spices of your liking
>>
Honey is one of those things you can't totally substitute. It's naturally occurring in nature and can't technically be artificially reproduced or created with a similar flavor profile. Make do with what you have and just change the recipe altogether. If you don't have an ingredient just improvise.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.