[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for not eating buckwheat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 00086383.jpg (119 KB, 515x343) Image search: [Google]
00086383.jpg
119 KB, 515x343
What's your excuse for not eating buckwheat?
>>
>>7169851
I do eat buckwheat though.
I frequently add some oats for creaminess.

Any good buckwheat recipes?
>>
>>7169851
The kid from the little rascals? Probably dead by now.
>>
Gluten is bad for you
>>
>>7169855
It's all about cooking it in right way, washing the seeds before cooking and adding correct amount of water for boiling. It goes well just with some butter and salt to any kind of meat.
>>
>>7169859
There is no gluten in buckwheat
>>
They don't sell any where I shop.
>>
hippies called it kashi and that ruined it for me permanently.
>>
>>7169851
I have it every now and then. but am generally not a huge fan of the flavor. Although the Japanese soba noodles they make from it are pretty good.

Last time I had buckwheat itself was as a knish filling. Potato and spinach both work better for me, but it wasn't bad.
>>
>>7169859
Sorry your genetics screwed you over.
>>
>>7169881
>slavs are now hipsters
wut

>>7169851
Is there a difference between buckwheat and brown burghul? Burghul is normally yellow, but my grandmother, who was a filthy Lebcunt, preferred "brown burghul," to the normal, yellow type. If they're the same thing, I eat it all the time. If not, I'm unsure. Things like >>7169866 lead me to believe they're different things. Brown and yellow burghul are both prepared the same way: boil water, pour over the grains, cover and let sit until grains have swollen to over double their original size then drain and squeeze/press of excess water. Can buckwheat be prepared that way, too?
>>
I'm allergic to it, pretty good excuse
>>
>>7170060
Burgul and Buckwheat are completely different things.
>>
>>7169851

didn't know it existed. I'll have to check where you can get it. At this point in america though you have to go to whole foods just to get buckwheat flour so I'm not hopeful. I love cracked wheat though I imagine this is similar.
>>
>>7170093
Here in Soviet Russia you can get in any market, thought, the tasty one is still rare, also easy to cook and hard to cook pretty nice, so it's hard and crunchy, with a nice taste, close to peas taste, very rich.
>>
>>7170090
except it's bulgur
>>
>>7170099

It's only been in the last couple of years you could even get brown rice in flyover country; its pretty sad. There is a russian grocery by me I will have to look for buckwheat. Is it a russian staple? The store is kind of small so I imagine they don't have everything.

All european grocery stores pretty much blow american ones out of the water in terms of variety of offerings. I lived in france for 2 years and never knew how many types of lettuce or mushrooms there were
>>
>>7169851
Reminds me of the bad option (the other was either rice, potatoes, or pasta) for bulk food in school. It'ce decent, though, only I like rice and pasta more.

Mushroom-eater Eastern Yuropoor reporting in.
>>
>>7170109
Buckwheat goes from Fagópyrum esculéntum. Bulgur goes from Trīticum dūrum.
>>7170129
Actually I'm from Ukraine, just mentioned Soviet Russia cause same thing. Here and there variety of foods, I bet not hard to find brown rice, I like the one from Belgium personally. I also buy italian pasta and netherland or french cheese. Also german sauce. Big variety here and also from my info in Russia. Not a problem for last like 10 to 15 years.
>>
>>7170090
I was thinking it might be a language misnomer thing because I've never seen "brown burghul" written anywhere in English or other European languages, just in Sandsquiggles.
It's kinda like how beets are called "red carrots" in muh language even though they've got fuck-all to do with carrots or, more aptly, how it's called 'buckwheat' despite not being a type of wheat at all.
>>
>>7170186
Brown bulgur is not buckwheat. I checked photos. Seeds look different.
>>
>>7170240
Keedoke. Guess I've never had buckwheat before, then.
>>
>>7169851
I'm American and that's not a burger.
>>
>>7170150
I meant it's buLguR not buRguL
>>
>>7169851
>buckwheat
I don't like the taste of it, end of story.
>>
File: Eddie_Murphy-Buckwheat-OTAY!.jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Eddie_Murphy-Buckwheat-OTAY!.jpg
6 KB, 256x192
>>7169851
>>
>>7169856
see >>7172103
>>
>>7169851
>What's your excuse for not eating buckwheat?

I'm not an Eastern European peasant!
Next question please!
>>
try buckweat milk, it's godtier.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.