[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ck/. I've received something edible from my neighbour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151214_193638.jpg (498 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_193638.jpg
498 KB, 1520x2688
Hello /ck/.

I've received something edible from my neighbour while drunk and I don't know what it is.

Essentially the I live next to this big family and the mother of the lot will often give me food probably driven by her motherly instincts(i live alone). She usually says something like "I've bough too much" or something to that effect.

Usually it's something I can deal with, like potatoes or ground beef, but this time it's something I've never seen really. And while receiving it I was drunk and I didn't really pay attention to what she said.

Now I can't recall what she called this thing and I have no idea what to do with it.

Can you help me identify it?
>>
File: IMG_20151214_193716.jpg (478 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_193716.jpg
478 KB, 1520x2688
>>7169711

One more shot.
>>
Does it smell more like garbage or rotten fish?
>>
>>7169727

More like garbage.

>>7169725

That's not very nice.
>>
>>7169713
Looks like some kinda offal to me but I'm not sure. Plus that's a bit of a strange gift
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
>neighbor giving you leftover mystery meat

It's fugu, OP.

Her motherly instincts are just for show and she's actually trying to kill you.
>>
>>7169711
Looks like tripe, to me.
>>
>>7169730

>more like garbage

Then its probably tripe.
>>
>>7169713
Looks like tripe
>>
>>7169711
looks like tripe to me. i'd recommend asking what animal it comes from ("oh i forgot, did you say this was beef tripe or pork tripe...") just so you can have an idea of what it tastes like and what you can do with it. i'm not sure if you've got enough there for a huge banquet, but if you look up some recipes, there are a lot of stews and soups that are incredible with a bit of tripe. i could recommend a nice mondongo stew, or a peruvian cau cau if you can find a good recipe. i'm pretty sure there's even a southeast asian tripe salad that you could pull off with it. do a little research, and take care of that thing... i think you're supposed to clean it well before cooking with it. i'm not too certain

oh and of course there's your classic mexican menudo.
>>
>>7169735

It is weird. When i got it I though it was chicken breasts because that's how it felt in the plastic bag.

>>7169738

That's very unlikely considering I'm in westerns side of europe. And doesn't smell fishy.

>>7169740
>>7169744

I think that's it! Google searches look about right.

>>7169741

They are out.
>>
>>7169748

Yeah, I'm pretty sure now it's tripe.

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations! I's rather not waste it.
>>
>>7169753
I like tripe, especially in soups. A lot of people dislike it because it's offal, but it's pretty tasty.
I'm going to venture that it's beef tripe, but I may be wrong. It could be pork, but I believe pork tripe is generally darker and more pinkish.
>>
Tripe

Deelicious
>>
Sounds like you got a MILF next door that wants to fuck.
>>
>>7169711
That there be tripe lad
>>
>>7169805
yeah op fuck her
>>
>>7169835
>That there be tripe lad

Ha! That's funny because this did happen in ireland.

>>7169854
>>7169805

It's not nice to bed the woman of another man.
>>
>>7169711
Your neigbour has bad tast or a bad taste of humor
Its some kind of Stomas
My German grandma forced me to eat that stuff
>>
That is buche
>>
>>7170671

I don't know man, the recipes I found looked pretty delicious.

>>7171823

Pig throat? I don't think so. Doesn't look right compared to what I can google.
>>
>>7169725
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.