[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I put cornbread in the oven. The directions said 400 for 15-20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: SB_Muff_Corn_Left.jpg (614 KB, 1012x1725) Image search: [Google]
SB_Muff_Corn_Left.jpg
614 KB, 1012x1725
I put cornbread in the oven.
The directions said 400 for 15-20 minutes. I did 400 for 20 minutes.

The outside is a dark, golden brown but it's still completely raw in the center.
wat do
>>
>it
>one item
>made one big "corn muffin"

kek
>>
>>7169521

You need a wider, shallower, pan. Something that spreads the cornbread into a thinner layer.
>>
Did you preheat the oven? Did you make cornbread or corn muffins and which was the recipe you used for? Time and temp will change depending.
>>
bleh cornbread has too much oil and sugar.
>>
Lower the temperature and put it back in.

>>7169528
Too late for that.
>>
Sue those bastards
>>
Lower the temperature and leave them in a little longer. For example, bring that down to 300°F and leave them in for 30 mins.

Also, poke the middle with a fork. If done, the fork will be clean.
>>
>>7169687
>, poke the middle

instructions unclear, dick stuck in corn muffin
>>
Preheat your oven next time.
>>
>>7169540
Blasphemy, cornbread is delicious
>>
>>7169849

Pretty overrated, honestly.
>>
>>7169521
did you use an 8x8 baking dish? lower the temperature, put it back in until it's done. and if you keep opening the oven too much, it's going to make it take longer too.

that cornbread mix is pretty sweet though. i'd rather buy a mix without sugar. it's really good if you add some fresh corn or creamed corn, cheddar cheese, and pickled jalapeno into the mix.
>>
Why does every damn thing have to come premixed? Cake mix, cookie dough, mac and cheese, corn bread. Most of them are barely four fucking ingredients, is that really so arduous.
>>
>>7169839
Yeah, while it's in the oven.

Do eet.
>>
Can't get that shit in Canada. Gotta make it from scratch. Anyone got a good recipe?
>>
>>7169901

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/creamed-corn-cornbread-recipe.html

You don't need a cast iron skillet. I just use a baking dish. Pre-heating it with oil is the secret to getting a good crust on it.

I also don't buy creamed corn - just a can of corn, or thawed frozen corn, blended up.
>>
>>7169870
A lot of people don't know it's only 4 ingredients because they just think that "COOKING IS COMPLICATED" and never bother to find out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.