[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to eat Broccoli before but cut it out because it didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Bq3feLRIIAAkESF.png (166 KB, 376x302) Image search: [Google]
Bq3feLRIIAAkESF.png
166 KB, 376x302
I used to eat Broccoli before but cut it out because it didn't taste good. It's really healthy though so I want to reintroduce it back.

Anything I can do besides boiling it to make it taste decent?
>>
Steam, saute, roast, grill.
>>
>boiling it

I never understood how so many people would say that they didn't like broccoli until I went over to someones house and by boiled it.

At most blanch it.
>>
steam it
>>
I always steam it and put a little butter and salt and pepper on it. You can always melt some cheese on it too. Steaming is easy, just put a buncha florets in a bowl, pour in a bit of water, and cover it with a paper towel or something and microwave for 90 seconds or so until they're nicely steamed. I just made a cream of mushroom and broccoli soup as well in a crock pot which turned out well and you can basically throw in an insane amount of broccoli in there as well if you would rather not eat it raw.

I eat a ton of broccoli, so I'm actually curious how other people prepare theirs as well.
>>
Mince a clove of garlic, fry it until starts to turn brown in about a tablespoon of oil and then add the broccoli, reduce to mid-low and let it cook for about 10-20 minutes depending on broccoli cut/taste, also salt a bit. If you like that you can also add shrooms and/or lardons (don't know the exact english term but its basically diced bacon) and some cream to make a pasta sauce.

If you'd rather have it boiled you can also steam it, and I recommend a great grandma recipe; do with potatoes, and once done fry about 2 cloves of garlic in between 1 and 2 tablespoons of oil in a very small pan. When brown, turn the heating off and add one large teaspoon of paprika, mix well and add a small piece of brocoli to the mix, lets it simmer down and just add to the rest of the broccoli/potatoes with a pinch of salt.
>>
I microwave it a lot of the time tbqfwy. Just until it's slightly tender. It comes out pretty much just like if you had steamed it.

But I prefer to roast it with some aromatics like garlic and shallot and sprinkle with some lemon of vinegar.
>>
Dip it in batter,
deep fry it in beef dripping,
repeat with.several florets,
put all your deep fried battered broccoli in a prepared pie dish lined with short crust pastry,
pour over already prepared ale gravy,
put pastry roof on,
cut small hole in centre,
cook in hot oven for 20 minutes,.
remove.pie,
dip in batter,
deep fry in beef dripping,
serve with coke.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLClNuM3tZg
>>
File: 26336_original.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1130) Image search: [Google]
26336_original.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1130
>>7169450
you used to boil me on your stovetop
late night when you need my essential vitamins

well I know when the high guy thinks
"I really don't like these things"

ever since I left the scene you..
started experiencing with other greens for your health now
everybody knows and I feel left out

man you boil me down, got me blanched out

cuz ever since I left the scene you..
started pooping less and having your anus sore
>>
gonna steam it for lunch then

gonna zest it with some lemon and then sprinkle garlic powder on it after steaming it

should be decent
>>
>>7169450
the florets are highly over rated, give me some tender stems with garlic, butter, and salt any day
>>
Broccoli benefits a lot from high heat. Blast it in a frying pan or roast it, the brown bits add a nutty taste. Actual nuts sprinkled over is nice too.
>>
>>7169493

>this roided out, man-boob slob again
>>
>>7169503
I want to lick that broccoli

Mine won't floret up yet. It's all leaves.
>>
>Anything I can do besides boiling it to make it taste decent?

Eat it with other things that aren't broccoli.

You'll still be in for a comfy experience on the throne.
>>
>boiling your vegetables
Don't you lose most of the nutrition doing it that way?
>>
stir fry those fuckers
>>
>>7169694
Yes. For almost every green vegetable boiling them loses the most nutrients. Steaming results in a similar taste/texture but you retain a lot more functional nutrients.
>>
Broccoli is delicious. Feels so good to have a functioning, non-babby palate.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.