[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you pan fry any kind of meat? For example, I bought a nice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ever.jpg (80 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
ever.jpg
80 KB, 520x347
Can you pan fry any kind of meat?

For example, I bought a nice big turkey breast and cut it into slices and then fried that shit on the stove top. It was amazing.
>>
>>7169442
You basically can. I dont know how you will fry a pair of baby back ribs, but ye
>>
>>7169445
It's mostly because I have no idea how to use an oven and really don't even want to learn.
>>
>>7169448
What?

You turn it on, stick food in it and then take it out when it's done. Arguably easier than stovetop cooking since you don't need to stand around stirring things or keeping that close of an eye on them, depending on what you're making.
>>
>>7169445

>Take rib meat off bone
>Stick in to pan
>Use bones to create stock
>Use stock to create gravy
>Use gravy to put on pan cooked ribs

Deconstruct then reconstruct that shit, yo.
>>
>>7169448
>It's mostly because I have no idea how to use an oven and really don't even want to learn.
>I'm too lazy to learn how to cook /ck/, please show me some shortcuts
>>
>>7169466
you should still put the bones in the oven to brown them
>>
>>7169696
its as important as activating your almonds
>>
>>7169720
>not browning your bones

White people baka
>>
>>7169442
You can't really fry a piece of beef shank and try to eat it. It would be so incredibly tough, that it would be borderline inedible (unless you have carnivore teeth).
Pan frying meat is probably the most common way of cooking meat (for me at least), and it's very versatile. It has its limits.
>>
meat which contains a lot of collagen fiber won't turn out well if you pan-fry it. you can't keep the internal temperature at the right range long enough to break the collagen down into gelatin without overcooking the meat. I mean, yeah, you can pan-fry a cut like that, but the texture will be awful.
>>
>>7169442
no! there are types of meat which take a long time to get tender
>>
>>7169442
Technically yes, but for tougher cuts of meat you'd want to try braising. Start with a sear in a heavy pan, then add a little liquid and some acid (stock + wine/vinegar, or just wine), cover and turn heat down to low. Cook until the collagen breaks down. The liquid only needs to come up halfway or less, and after the meat is done can be reduced to make a great sauce if it hasn't thickened enough for your taste. Very good technique for making top notch meals with cheaper cuts.
>>
>>7169696

you can brown them in a pan. also no you don't *have* to brown your bones.
>>
>>7169696
rub them with tomato sauce first then brown them
>>
>>7169442
Sure. But leaner cuts may end up tough and/or dry.
>>
>>7169448
Ovens are easier and more forgiving to use than stove tops
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.