[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want chicken, rice, and broccoli with some kind of sauce. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: chicken-and-rice.jpg (355 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
chicken-and-rice.jpg
355 KB, 1600x1200
I want chicken, rice, and broccoli with some kind of sauce. What would /ck/ do?

No funny business please. This is a serious matter. XD kthxbye
>>
I'd go back to /fit/ and stay there.
>>
Holland Day's sauce
>>
>>7169230
Wasn't aware this was a meme. TIL
>>
here's how to prep the brocolli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vze1x0GIUvc
>>
>>7169233
Oh you
>>
>>7169237
>cooking with jack
Opinion discarded
>>
>>7169228
Grilled chicken, rice pilaf and sauteed broccoli with garlic and crushed red pepper.
>>
>>7169243
What spices for the chicken and what cuts
>>
>>7169250
Whatever you prefer.
>>
>>7169269
What's sokething spicy but not too hot?
>>
>>7169270
A small amount of cayenne or crushed red pepper.
>>
Cut up chicken breast, cook in frying pan while rice and broccoli are cooking separately. Remove chicken once cooked through, deglaze pan with a little brandy (or chicken stock), add equal parts double cream and gently heat until the sauce thickens, pour over chicken, rice and broccoli.
>>
>Chop up cooked chicken and cooked broccoli
>Saute rice in butter, season with salt and pepper and add in veg/chicken
>adjust seasoning as you like, as spices (I liked garlic powder and smoked paprika).
>Saute ingredients until heated through and flavors are mixed

You're welcome.
>>
>>7169462 here. I apologize for all the typos, it's 7 AM and I just started my first cup of coffee.
>>
>>7169228

put a pinch of turmeric in your rice

prevents cancer really well and no additional calories, lots of flavor
>>
cook the chicken, remove it, add a crushed clove of garlic, prinkle in enough flour to just cover the fat and juices, a splash of white or red wine depending on taste, some salt and pepper, and cook down until its a sauce. should take 3 minutes on med-high
>>
>>7169228
Live chicken
Freshly picked broccoli w/extra dirt
pre-made rice pudding with lots of raisins
50/50 blend of semen and quinky sauce
>>
>>7169228
I'd make it as a creamy chicken, rice, and broccoli soup, I mean it is soup season after all
>>
>>7169518
>pinch of turmeric
>lots of flavor

lol
Good one. Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
>>7169233
It's Hall and A's sauce, you fuckwit
>>
>>7169653
no that's hall and oats bruh
>>
Actually planning on having this tonight. Honey chicken like my Chinese mom used to make, some roasted broccoli (tossed in garlic, onion, soy sauce, and other seasonings), and a nice pot of steamed white rice. Sometimes, simple is best.
>>
>>7169660
You mixed brah?

Half filipino here. I'm broke as fuck sitting in my apartment, with legitly nothing to eat. Turns out the only thing at my disposable is all the making for classic Chicken Adobo.

Chicken thighs are simmering as we speak.
>>
>>7170827
My step-mother is filipino, she made some fucking delicious chicken and pork adobo when they came to visit me last month.

She also managed to go through 3/4 of a 5lb bag of rice I had in the pantry in the week that they were here visiting. Fucking rice, rice, all day every day.
>>
>>7169228

Cook the rice.
Steam the broccoli.
Saute the chicken and make a chicken gravy with the drippings in the pan.
>>
>>7170848
Yeah man she's the reason why I love cooking so much. She can make some pretty good southern food too when she wants. Fried chicken, cornbread, greens. All that good stuff.
>>
>>7169228
i would make some fried chicken by marinading it in salt, pepper, cayenne powder, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and egg, then dredge it in flour salt and pepper, then shallow fry it in my cast iron skillet

i would just make some regular rice in my rice cooker with some olive oil in there with it

i would just wash the broccoli and break it or cut it up into largish pieces then put it in a sauce pan with some water and a bit of olive oil and let it cook on low heat just until the color turns a bit.

then i would eat
>>
>>7170993
oh i forgot that you have to put baking powder in with the dredging mixture
>>
Slather that in Sweet and Sour Sauce OP
>>
>>7170998
What does the baking powder do?

Everything else is similar to my recipe.
>>
>>7169228
Cook some chicken, rice and broccoli. Then add a sauce
>>
>>7170827
My fellow Filipino friend, I could really use a recipe. Even a link to an online one you prefer. I haven't had adobo since I saw my Filipino side of the family over 10yrs ago.
>>
>>7171176
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/filipino-chicken-adobo-recipe.html

This is the one I referenced. I just wanted to make sure my soy sauce/vinegar ratio was good. Plus I used a little less chicken that 3 lbs cuz I like my adobo nice and saucy.

A longer marinade time could also have happened, but I was in a rush. Enjoy, my friend.
>>
>>7169228
http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/04/the-food-lab-why-chicken-pan-sauce-better-at-restaurants-make-at-home.html
>>
>>7171192
Awesome. Thanks a ton!
>>
>>7169228
http://rainydaygal.com/2011/02/03/beef-with-broccoli/
Replace the beef with chicken I guess?
>>
>>7169228
cauliflower puree
>>
>>7169634
>add a crushed clove of garlic, prinkle in
>prinkle in
>prinkle

holy shit I just laughed so hard I guess it just caught me off guard I cant even look at that shit fucking kekola
>>
>>7170827
Guy you're quoting, yeah, But I love every type of food. Legit Cantonese is to fucking die for, but so is my other half of classic German. Dim sum with good-ass beer would be the best of both worlds.
>>
Stir-fry it with your choice of stir-fry sauce.
>>
>>7169228
mince garlic and cut your broccoli up, mix the two in a bowl
cook some brown rice in a rice cooker with the broccoli/garlic in the steamer basket
at the same time sous vide the chicken and sear according to this guide: http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/the-food-lab-complete-guide-to-sous-vide-chicken-breast.html#stovetop
make a pan sauce from the same pan you made the chicken with: http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/04/the-food-lab-why-chicken-pan-sauce-better-at-restaurants-make-at-home.html
scoop the rice onto the plat, put the chicken breast on top and the broccoli to the side, drizzle the pan sauce on top

woi la
>>
>>7169237
He's just a video of him fucking up someone else's recipe video. holy shit can this stuff stop being posted
>>
>>7169228
Deglaze with white wine vinegar, add butter, honey and ground nuts.
>>
File: DSCF7523.jpg (454 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7523.jpg
454 KB, 1024x768
>>7169228
ketchup, no joke it taste good
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.