[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked will my health be if I ate homemade pizza, with generally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_n9hb88bWxa1qaxihzo1_500.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9hb88bWxa1qaxihzo1_500.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
How fucked will my health be if I ate homemade pizza, with generally quite healthy toppings and little cheese every night for dinner? Would that be fine?
>>
>>7168647
You'd be fine. If you added lots of veggies and kept the cheese to a minimum.
>>
Keep the base thin m8
>>
Pizza is a vegetable so go for it
>>
why would you want to do that tho
>>
>>7168702
I like my pizza base thin, anyways.

>>7168736
Because it's quick to prepare and tastes good. Just want to know if it'll harm my health.
>>
>>7168754
Other meals are quicker to prepare, taste better and are better for your health.
>>
>>7168647
It would be fine
>>
You could probably live off nothing but pizza if you keep your pizza diet balanced
Pizza is so versatile
>>
You would probably be eating more vegetables daily than a lot of other people. If you keep it thinner on the bottom instead of a huge thick crust and don't use a lot of fatty cheese I don't see how it can be that detrimental at all to your health as said above. Most people include bread with breakfast, lunch and dinner and supper anyways. If you notice you start to gain weight then just adjust it some how or exercise extra. I would get bored with it in a couple days though because there is only so much variation.
>>
File: cover_image.jpg (93 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
cover_image.jpg
93 KB, 500x399
Make sure your pizza doesn't look like this OP
>>
>>7168647
Mishima would not approve of such decadence.
>>
File: based god uli.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
based god uli.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
>>7168647

Just make sure you degrease them first.
>>
>>7168822
came here to post this
>>
>>7168822
yea, that guy definitely dabs up his pizza grease with a paper towel
>>
>>7168826

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKilm79bNAU
>>
>>7168833
I calculated it for him. 50 pounds weight loss (190-140) in 15 years = 32 Calorie deficit per day (assuming 3500 Cal/1 lb of body fat). That's roughly 3.5 grams of fat less each day. Honestly, for dabbing one of those pizzas each day, that seems about right. But if we're going to say that it was the dabbing that helped him lose weight, we need to assume that:
(1) He literally only eats pizza each day.
(2) He was maintaining at 190 lbs, given (1), without dabbing.
(3) The change he made 15 years ago was to begin dabbing.

But a 32 Calorie daily deficit is negligible and you will literally not see any results until you've already spent a fifth of your life doing this. So no, I do not believe dabbing is an effective weight loss strategy. Cutting your portion sizes down though, is effective.
>>
>>7168647
Add extra tomato sauce. Tomato sauce is healthy.
>>
>>7168766
Such as...
>>
>>7168860
raw whole foods
>>
>>7168853
well number 1 is true at least

he's attested to this numerous times. although occasionally the pizza comes from different places it seems
>>
>>7168860
Pasta, rice, salad etc.
>>
>>7168853

> By around 2002, my diet was almost entirely pizzas. Around here was yet another change. Rather than pepperoni pizzas, I changed to cheese pizzas which caused a major reduction in the amount of meat I ate. Although I still had potato chips, crackers, and various other things, I had very little variety in a main meal. I had about quadruple the variety for snack foods than I did with a main meal. Since about late 2004 to mid 2005, I've never had a single piece of meat since (as of Nov 24, 2006).

>Because of the annoyance of having to stop whatever I'm doing to get rid of my annoying stomach aches from not eating in a while, I was further prompted to finding a way to eat a main meal only once every day, not my previous twice a day. However, there was no known single meal that could satisfy this need, until I started with those 2-pound pizzas such as the rising crust pizzas from Digiorno or Freschetta. Because these pizzas were actually slightly cheaper than the other 10-ounce pizzas (with the cup of extra cheese), and they were a bit better for me tasting 1.5 times as good, they began to become my primary pizzas and I soon got into the rising crust pizzas. Because these pizzas are mostly crust, it's not the sauce or cheese that has a big influence on the overall compatibility, it's the crust. Since Freschetta has the best crust, it has become my preferred brand. Since then, I've always had one meal per day unless I have something else which isn't filling (like Hamburger Helper - I need 2 1/2 boxes worth).
>>
>>7168869
So is this guy a professional bowler or what
>>
>>7168884

He's a professional Bubsy 3D player, video game designer, and published author.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.