[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple Juice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: apple_juice.jpg (371 KB, 879x900) Image search: [Google]
apple_juice.jpg
371 KB, 879x900
I have a question /ck/ about 100% apple juice

So we occasionally buy like a dozen of boxes, and I noticed something strange. After opening it, and drinking it straight away the juice tastes pretty bad. It's just really sour and not pleasing.
But! If you leave it in the fridge for a couple of days, it gets better. By the third day it is perfect, the taste is a lot richer, fuller, sweeter.

What is the reason behind this?
>>
>>7168470
Cuz you touch yourself at night you fyckin faggit
>>
>>7168476
Loooooool!!!!

>>7168470
Im not sure.
I heard when it comes to wine some people leave it standing after opening it to let the air oxidize it or something.
Not sure if im correct on the term that I've used to describe it but im confident on the process as being an actual thing people do.

Maybe something similar happens with the apple juice.
>>
>>7168470 >>7168497

Also, if youre drinking it right away without letting it cool in the refrigerator then that probably is the reason why it taste better.
It's the same thing when it comes to soda, coffe, juice, milk, and pretty much anything that taste better when it's chilled.
>>
I have experienced what you are describing. My best guess is the tannins begin to oxidize, but I really don't know.

I would be curious to find out if simply opening it once(being careful not to contaminate it) and letting it sit for a few days at room temp has the same effect. Because I can't think of a reason that just being cold for a few days would alter it.

Have you ever let it sit in the fridge for a few days without breaking the seal on the cap and found the taste improves?

>>7168509
But why would the taste keep improving every day?
>>
>>7168470
If it's not clarified it probably contains starch, which refrigeration will convert to sugar.
>>
>>7168470
Apple juice for half price

https://youtu.be/414TmP12WAU
>>
>>7168523
>I would be curious to find out if simply opening it once(being careful not to contaminate it) and letting it sit for a few days at room temp has the same effect.
OP here, it does actually.
Sometimes I forget to put the apple juice back in the fridge,so it stands on our counter for the whole night, after opening it, or even a day, and even then it tastes better. Though, the process is somewhat accelerated if you do it like that. Instead of three days it takes like one day to reach that sweet, rich taste.
>>
>>7168509

I brought a jug of apple juice camping once when I was growing up and realized it's the only juice I don't think tastes any better chilled.
>>
>>7168694

can i fuck around in your attic?
>>
>>7168537
Yeah, I was thinking this. Basically, as fruits ripen, their starch gets converted into sugar, so the apple juice must go through the same sort of process.

Apple juice is usually to sweet for me though.
>>
>>7169071
Try this: Look down your shirt and spell attic out loud.
>>
>>7169079

Shit anon.

You got me good.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.