[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vegetable/recipe/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: lifegivingfood.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
lifegivingfood.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1365
I want to eat healthy, what is your favorite way to prepare vegetables?
>>
Battered and deep fried, no joke. Tempura is the shit.
>>
>>7168417
vege tempura is amazing I agree, stir frys are good too.
>>
just steamed or roasted, with a bit of salt and vinegar.
>>
fuck off normie. This is a fast food board
>>
File: 2.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>7168410
Boil in water with chicken boullion cube - get stick blender and jab at it.
>>
>>7168410
Steam broccoli, add salt, pepper, lime or lemon juice.
>>
>>7168410
>healthy
Then you have to eat them raw. Any other way, especially any way that uses frying, degrades the nutrients.
>>
>>7168492
But also makes the nutrients more accessible.
>>
>>7168492 #
That's really only vitamin a and c, which are both so ludicrously abundant in vegetables that eating only moderate amounts of vegetables, you can afford to degrade the fuck out of these vitamins because you'll still hit your rda.

But sure, if you think eating woody, physically hard vegetables with in tact cellulose cell walls is somehow easier for your body to access nutrients than something lightly steamed or fried then youve bought into a meme.

The best way is (no joke) microwaved for a very short amount of time in a sealed environment (a bowl wrapped tight with cling film for a minute, for instance) and served with a healthy oil such as olive or ghee as many nutrients are fat soluble and won't pass through your cell membranes (which are lipid based) without fats.
>>
>>7168503

>and served with a healthy oil such as olive or ghee as many nutrients are fat soluble and won't pass through your cell membranes (which are lipid based) without fats.

Best option is to eat it with nuts, like sprinkling pecans and walnuts on some steamed greens, or spreading some peanut butter on a roasted sweet potato wedge. Olive oil's not as great as its hype and where did you even hear that ghee was a healthy thing?
>>
>>7168492

depends on the vegetable, the cooking method, and which nutrients you're after
>>
>tfw steam 5 brussells sprouts, and entire chopped broccoli, and14 or 15 baby carrots

>tfw thinking of getting or making hummus to go with it

Hummus was literally made for dry bread and veggies, and it's healthy as fuck since apparently fat helps you digest vitamins and nutrients. I was thinking of making a black bean hummus for dat protein but I don't have a food processor. I'll probably have to resort to store bought.

Anyways, steamed veggies + (optional) seasoning + either chili paste, hot sauce, or hummus is fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.