[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
smoked baby back rids all day long, pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: baby.jpg (131 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
131 KB, 480x640
Ribs smoked for 6 hours today using the 3-2-1 method. Rubbed in some KC style sweet/hot rub. 3 hours smoke on weber kettle, 2 hours wrapped in foil with a little butter and brown sugar, 1 hour back on without the foil and last 20 minutes baste in bbq sauce. more pics to come
>>
File: rubbed up.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rubbed up.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
>>7167584
>>
File: grill.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
grill.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
>>7167584
>>7167588
>>
>>7167584
I love the hell out of ribs. Keep posting, op.
>>
File: shitty pic.jpg (697 KB, 1158x1586) Image search: [Google]
shitty pic.jpg
697 KB, 1158x1586
>>7167626
>>
>>7167626
>>7167584

they were just a tad fatty but otherwise decent. it was a spur of the moment decision on a trip to get extension cords for the wife.
>>
>>7167608
peach wood fyi
>>
>>7167626
LITERALLY the best food.
>>
>>7167653
i agree with this/ i havent had ribs in so long and i really could go for some. my hesitation is due to not having a grill outside. i would have to cook them in the oven.

i only started becoming interested in cooking recently so i dont have a lot of things i would need to do the dishes i want to cook. are oven cooked ribbies too pleb to try making?
>>
>>7167668
I've never tried it but I don't see why you can't use the same principle. Turn oven to 225-250 or so, cook ribs like I said above. maybe add some liquid smoke?
>>
>>7167668
>>7167704
I don't have a BBQ so all my ribs are done in the oven.

Dry rub / spice the ribs, place on a baking sheet outside up and pop in the oven at 250F for 4 hours.

Turn oven up to 350F, flip ribs inside up, apply sauce if desired and cook 10 minutes. Flip ribs outside up, apply sauce and finish for another 10 minutes.

Fucking glorious. I made 6 racks this way in the last 10 days.

You won't get a smoked flavor or BBQ char from the oven, but if you put some sugar in your dry rub the sugar will caramelize and burn in the oven which gives a similar charcoal element.
>>
>>7167778
Pretty much this.

When I make ribs in the oven, I put a spice rub on the ribs and wrap them in foil then stick in the fridge overnight. When I'm ready to cook them, I open up one end of the foil, add some liquid like chicken stock or some apple juice or orange juice and a few drops of liquid smoke then stick them on a baking sheet in the foil and let them braise at 225 for 3-4 hours.

After the braise, I take them out, dump the liquid from inside the foil into a pan and add some other stuff to it and then reduce it to a glaze then i brush that on the ribs and stick them under the broiler so they get nice and caramelized on both sides.

They aren't as good as smoking them outside, but they come out very tender and delicious.
>>
>>7167584
>Tyson ribs

I can't imagine what lab made concoction they injected those ribs with.
>>
Why would you go through all this bother when you could just get some KFC to eat?
>>
>>7167635
They look great. Good work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.