[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who here eats canned sardines? >pic related Only 1$, ~16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0002-1.jpg (733 KB, 1132x1850) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002-1.jpg
733 KB, 1132x1850
So who here eats canned sardines?

>pic related
Only 1$, ~16 grams of protein, ~45% drv calcium, ~21% drv iron, ~9% drv fiber, and best of all only 150 calories. It's like beef jerky only 6 times less expensive and lasts 3 years before expiration date is reached.

Also has that omega 3 shit I don't understand.
>>
The ones in tomato sauce I add to fried garlic to make an extremely easy pasta sauce.
>>
>>7166643
>~16 grams of protein
They're that fucking high in protein? Dam.
>>
>>7166656
Gains, Brother, Gains.
>>
>>7166659
brb getting an assload of sardines
>>
I love sardines. Especially on toast.
>>
>>7166656
the only real downside is that you can not eat them everyday.
>>
>>7167108
Why not? Sardines have one of the lowest mercury concentrations of all fish in teh sea.
>>
yeah, mercury is a bitch, but canned fish in general is goat.

kippered herring on whole-grain toast with a spinach omlette is ultimate gains breakfast
>>
That mermaid has a nice ass, little chubby though.
>>
>>7167126
The mercury problem only applies to canned tuna. Canned sardines are pretty safe. You can eat 1-2 cans everyday and you would be fine. Though you'd smell like fish 24/7 though lol
>>
>>7167164
thanks anon, this may actually increase my quality of life
>>
What do you guys do with sardines? I like the Alton Brown sardine and avocado sandwich, but don't know what else to use them for.
>>
>>7168127
I eat them with cool ranch dorito chips. The flavor combination really appeals to me. I hear some people eat then with salt and vinegar chips but I've yet to try that.
>>
on crackers with tabasco
>>
>>7168127
i just mash them up and lay it on half a sub with some cucumber slices, nice contrast to the salt and fish flavors
>>
>>7167164
>The mercury problem
>mercury "problem"

If it was actually a problem, it'd be printed on the can.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.