[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
What went wrong?
>>
>>7165404
being toasted doesn't actually make everything better.
That's what I think. They tried to be a premium sub without premium prices. If they tacked on an extra $10 to each sub so they were way way way over priced? They'd have survived probably. People love things that are "good because they are expensive".
>>
>>7165410
They had the a sub that I absolutely loved on the menu. Even a subpar one was great compared to wrongway. I never cared about the 7$ price. I don't want to drive 20 miles for one.
>>
>>7165404
1. Toasting bread doesn't create some sort of magical taste sensation.
2. Not everyone thinks guacamole is haute cuisine and slopping a lump of it on a sandwich will make it better.
3. Slathering vinaigrette on a meat is disgusting.

I'm not even going to bother to go on.
>>
Their bread always tasted fucking weird. Also it was overpriced
>>
>>7165404

toasting subs made it slower, they sold too many franchises and the costs of running the franchises were too high.
>>
You have no idea how many times I've walked past one where some amateur minimum wager burnt something
>>
Gave me the shits every single time without fail.

Capt. Sub was much better.
>>
File: tumblr_nxyq2cqWip1re0c97o1_540.jpg (72 KB, 540x502) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxyq2cqWip1re0c97o1_540.jpg
72 KB, 540x502
alan wyse went wrong

now he's fuckin up taco bueno
>>
>>7165404
The Koreans that run the ones around me are cheap pricks. Plus they used weird mice puppets as mascots for a while. They should see a spike in sales since the face of Subway has been exposed of being a cunnyfan.
>>
There was an article on this a while back. I'm too lazy to find it.

Basically their franchising model made it impossible to profit owning it, and their marketing sucked.

It had nothing to do with the food, you retards. They were the best sub place in their price range by far.
>>
I live in Denver, where Quiznos originated, and they just opened up this placed called Quiznos Grill. Haven't been inside yet, but it looks pretty snazzy. Think it's supposed to be some kind of turnaround effort. They have these anywhere else? Anyone been?
>>
>>7166744
This. I don't think the food was the problem they just had retarded franchising. Over expansion. Somewhat overpriced. Tbqh which wich and potbelly are basically the same thing food wise but are winning in that niche. All three sell decent toasted subs. Which wich has more customisable sandwiches, potbelly has limited options but a nice atmosphere. Both are cheaper and more consistent than Quiznos, and they are more regional and limited. They don't waste money advertising. I just think Quiznos was trying to beat subway out of its well established spot and overexpanded instead of focusing on consistency.
>>
>>7166744
they were sued in a massive class action lawsuit by basically anyone who ever held a franchise with them for making false and misleading claims about their prospects for a successful business, pretty sure the case settled
>>
>>7165404
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG042nkReBA
>>
How do I make a Quiznos veggie sub then? :,(
>>
>>7167114
That's rather good.
>>
>>7165404

What happened to it?

Now that I think about it I they just kinda vanished
>>
>>7167537
Clever
>>
Still better than the other national chains, though less cheap. I don't trust anyone who would rather go to a Subway than Quiznos
>>
Can they come back?

I literally just moved to Texarkana when the Quizno's here closed

I want muh chicken carbonara sub
>>
THEY HAD A PEPPER BAR
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.