[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Chef
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: bellpepper.jpg (117 KB, 1025x935) Image search: [Google]
bellpepper.jpg
117 KB, 1025x935
woah shit why isn't the american version of Iron Chef this awesome? It's like I've never truly been alive until I saw this.
>>
>>7165030
Because American Iron Chef was created in the era of reality tv nonsense
>>
>>7165030
You never saw the original Iron Chef?

Well I'd tell you to GTFO but you have now.
That was my first introduction to cooking shows. Loved watching that shit with my uncle .
>>
Yeah the original is pretty great. They have extremely talented chefs on and they get cool secret ingredients I had never seen before. I don't mind the American one, but it's just not as much fun.

Who Chen Kenichi master race here?
>>
I love this show, the behind-the-scenes for the American version kinda ruined it for me but it really is a great concept
>>
Lots of the opponents are high level chefs, but were any of the iron chefs themselves actually high profile before the show? any michelin stars? Any influence to speak of?
>>
Could anyone help me out with finding a good quality release for this? I watched a bit on YT but I'd rather watch the rest without going blind if possible.
>>
>>7165104
They were all highly respected before the show. I don't think they were celebrities like we make our chefs in the west.

But Michelin didn't even have a guide for Japan back then. As soon as they wrote one, Japan had more Michelin starred chefs per capita than any other country overnight.
>>
The Japanese version got me into cooking in highschool. I still have the t shirt I used to wear all the time back then, it was iron chef on the front and on the back it had a few hundred ingredients listed in small print. It was cool when qt girls sat behind me in class and would read this wall of text of ingredients and ask me about my shirt. I can't find it on Google and my camera is broke, its really cool though.
>>
>>7165046
Iron Chef Chen Kenichi is an inspiration t b h.

>tfw you have to google to find out what the play-by-play guy is always saying - Fukui san
>>
Where can I download or stream this masterpiece? I remember watching this on tv with both my parents in high school before they divorced and life became a nightmare.
>>
>>7165046
>Chen Kenichi
>not Hiroyuki "I fuck several European women like a boss" Sakai
>>
File: inlove.gif (991 KB, 478x243) Image search: [Google]
inlove.gif
991 KB, 478x243
>>7165503
Hands down sakai and his general charisma is pretty hot.
>>
>>7165030
Why does this guy in the picture look like an antagonist straight out of Gundam?
>>
>>7166154
If I recall correctly, it's because Japan knows how to make cooking hype as fuck.
>>
>>7166154
Gundam is a Japanese cartoon and that man is Japanese

Why are baka gaijin so baka?
>>
>>7165154
No idea, but I wish food network would show the original episodes again like they used to back when they first started. Instead we get the new iron chef, cut throat kitchen and fucking cupcake wars all the god damn time.
>>
>>7166173
I should probably watch some cooking shows I guess.

>>7166194
Really? You're retarded. >>7166173
is an actual reason.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.