[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you eat leftovers for breakfast? Whenever I've had people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: leftovers.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
Do you eat leftovers for breakfast?

Whenever I've had people spend the night or have significant others who've I've been with long enough to wear we stop liking each other so much I have stopped trying and the ask what's for breakfast and I pull out last nights lentils and bulghar wheat or whatever they look disgusted and insist on breakfast food or a fruit or something.

I like a substantial meal that requires no prep on my part in the morning and this is what I always grew up doing. Is this out of the ordinary?
>>
>>7163976
Nah, there's nothing wrong with this. We used to leftovers for breakfast all the time when I was growing up, and we would have breakfast for dinner quite often, too.

As an adult, I always get breakfast when I go to a diner, regardless of the time of day, and I still eat leftovers for breakfast on a regular basis.

When you think about it, only being able to eat certain foods at certain times of the day sounds like OCD or autism, but it's a common aspect of our culture.
>>
Sometimes. When I do, it's leftovers with something fiber-rich. Usually oats or whole grain bread.
>>
File: 1446735750495.jpg (22 KB, 625x467) Image search: [Google]
1446735750495.jpg
22 KB, 625x467
>>7164008

Good deal, senpai. I know there's nothing wrong with it and I certainly don't care, but I was just wondering if it really was something that a lot of people avoid doing.

In my family, actually cooking breakfast foods was kind of a special occasion thing reserved for weekends. Mummy would also let us have cake for breakfast the day after birthdays.
>>
File: 1324jpg.jpg (1 MB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1324jpg.jpg
1 MB, 1000x667
>>7163976
Sometimes, but leftovers is more of a take to work lunch thing. Make your women some eggs and coffee, you lazy mong.
>>
>>7164027

the cake sounds horrible now because of all the sugar and I know I'd feel awful the rest of the morning if I tried it now, but back then it was baller
>>
>>7164027
>cake for breakfast
There was no mom, was there? You grew up with your 3 brothers.

stay gold
>>
>>7164066

No I'm telling the truth. Back then we ate like pretty much everyone in flyover country: frozen processed foods, meat every night, no whole grains, soda. Cake isn't that much of a stretch. These days my mom cooks healthy things now and I've gotten her into eating lentils, cracked wheat, swiss chard, and kale, now that it's literally everywhere for 99 cents a bunch. And now my parents never buy things like frozen pizza or white rice. Most Americans of a certain class woke up food wise to a certain extent, which is only a good thing.
>>
Sambuca and tears
>>
>>7164077
Were you sad when your friend Johnny died because of that fire? At least you saved those kids.
>>
I eat leftovers for breakfast all the time. I even eat them cold straight from the fridge out of the container I have them stored in too.
>>
Whenever one friend of mine throws a party, there is inevitably a lot of food left over.

The next morning, for those who haven't left yet and for those who want to come back for breakfast, he serves a great breakfast. It's your choice of either leftovers from the night before or bacon and eggs or both.
>>
>>7164111

I wish more people had that attitude. Most people I've spent the night with (and I'm talking close friends not people who I understand would feel the need to be a good host) insist on cooking breakfast foods and won't go for leftovers.
>>
>>7164140

because I feel like I'm putting them out an wouldn't want them to do something they ordinarily wouldn't do just because I'm there, not because I'm an autist who insists on eating exactly what he wants when he wants it.
>>
I eat all kinds of dinner leftovers for breakfast regularly. I love having a bowl of leftover potato soup in the morning...favorite leftover to eat. Hell, I'll even eat a hamburger for breakfast if I have any patties left over.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.