[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Espresso>Turkish Coffee>Moka pot>filter coffee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Cafe di Ragheadi.jpg (98 KB, 2000x2317) Image search: [Google]
Cafe di Ragheadi.jpg
98 KB, 2000x2317
Have you tried Turkish coffee cu/ck/s?

It's not the coffee that's any different, it's the brewing approach.

Turkish coffee is simply ANY coffee that is ground to a fine powder, placed in a container with water, and heated just below the point of boiling until a layer of crema / foam develops on the top, where it is then poured into a cup. The end result is a coffee that has almost the same kind of flavor and texture that a proper machine espresso has, but without the need of having a machine.

The only downsides to this approach is that you do need to be attentive while brewing it, or it will either foam out the top of the brew kettle onto your burner, or boil, which shits up the flavor. The other downside is that the coffee grains settle to the bottom of your cup, so if you're a retard, you might accidentally suck up a mouthful of grains.

It's the best approach to brewing coffee outside a proper machine, bar none.
>>
I've never tried it. But you make it sound pretty good.

By a fine powder do you mean as fine as possible? I have a spice grinder and a food processor.
>>
>>7163107
Can't you pour it into the cup through a strainer ?
>>
>>7163107
>>7163117
>when Americans discover something vaguely exotic
>>
>>7163124
Epic post.
>>
I had one once and managed to spill some of it over my hand. Didn't have anywhere to put the cup (I had it to take out) so I just had to keep walking while the boiling liquid burned into my skin.

Despite that, it was pretty tasty. 8/10, would have again.
>>
>>7163107
>The only downsides to this approach is that you do need to be attentive while brewing it, or it will either foam out the top of the brew kettle onto your burner, or boil, which shits up the flavor. The other downside is that the coffee grains settle to the bottom of your cup, so if you're a retard, you might accidentally suck up a mouthful of grains.

Don't forget that it's traditionally sweetened to the point of being a light syrup because it's as bitter as ISIS at a spring break party without a lot of sugar. I don't think that makes it horrible, but I prefer press brewing on a daily basis because of that. I use a fine grind in my press, I just don't let it brew so long, and I use more coffee per water than most do in Turkish brews.
>>
Over-extracted nonsense
>>
>>7163148
>first time on a plane, 9 or 10 years old
>brother sitting next to me
>he gets coffee
>it spills on my thigh
>it's about 95 degrees Celsius
>don't say anything because i don't want to cause a fuss on this silent flight
>scar was visible for at least five years
>>
>>7163124
turkish coffee is as exotic as you can get
>>
>>7163107
turkish > errything
>>
>>7163117
>By a fine powder do you mean as fine as possible?

Pretty much.

The coffee grinders you find in coffee shops, or the supermarket, that have Turkish coffee settings work fine. A spice grinder might night be able to cut it, though.

>>7163123

You can, but you don't want to.

The suspended coffee grinds in the brew is what gives the coffee it's great texture and body, and using a filter will make the coffee feel and taste "thin", which is ass by comparison. A filter will also eliminate the awesome frothy head of crema you get using this approach, and that oily head of foam significantly contributes to the mouth feel and flavor of the coffee.

Once you pour the coffee into your cup, all you have to do is let it rest for 30 seconds or so, and most of the grains will settle at the bottom. When you start getting to the bottom of the cup, you can simply swish the cup and differentiate from the liquid, that moves, and the grains, that don't, so you'll know when you're getting close to the end.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.