[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The ketchup pump at McDonalds sprayed ketchup on my $500 shirt.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 11
File: mcdonalds-hospital.jpg (723 KB, 1788x1459) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-hospital.jpg
723 KB, 1788x1459
The ketchup pump at McDonalds sprayed ketchup on my $500 shirt. And to make matters worse, the manager threatened to call the police on me when I asked for compensation.

What's the best way to get justice? I was thinking of an open letter to the president of McDonalds and sending a copy to the Cincinnati Enquirer for publication. The last thing they want is bad PR.
>>
>>7162554
>wearing a $500 shirt
>eating at McDonalds

You deserve what you got. Quit your bitching.
>>
judge judy obv
>>
>>7162554

>still being this butthurt about the poverty restricting your access to haute coture clothing

I'm the Yves Saint Laurent shirt guy, I sued a 7th day adventist church once as well, successfully.
>>
>>7162554

Why don't you dress as adults do OP?
>>
>>7162554

McDonald's are franchise restaurants...the owners are responsible for the safety of their patrons, not their corporate structure.
>>
>>7162554
Corporate America really ONLY care about negative SOCIAL MEDIA. So, get your photos out there of the crusty pump that was never cleaned with it's dangerous glob of fly-tainted dried gummy ketchup glob on it, and therefore sideways squirting on customers. Go on and on about the relative common nature of how all kinds of people enjoy quick trips to/from other events for a McDonalds delicious snack and beverage, but finding out that McDonalds doesn't care about all their customers, even customers who have finer cars, belongings, and customer service skills. This time you're lucky you only lost a shirt, what about next time where you get e.coli and end up in the hospital with hepatitis from poor management, poor equipment maintenance, and disgusting and uncaring health standards. Good thing you aren't dining out on chemotherapy, cause you'd obviously catch a nasty infection in this horribly run and uncaring franchisee. Thanks for nothing Mcdonalds!
PHOTOSPHOTOSPHOTOS. Include your email and the rejected/uncaring reply, photoshopping a big red circle around the location address and to highlight the exact corporate email address and name of the person who did not take care of your dry cleaning and apologize nicely.

They'll be screaming for you to take it off facebook within an hour and they'll do whatever you want.

You're welcome!
>>
>>7162581
I don't use that social media bullshit, I said McDonalds for honest men with real jobs, not Starbucks for hipsters on their iPhones.

Any real answers?
>>
>>7162581
>I don't use that social media bullshit
This your mistake. You are powerless in writing a quiet letter. They don't care about you if no one but you know. They really cry when and if something could go viral and then end up on the Today Show and Kelly Ripa or whatever, and then woah, they're talking huge headaches. See: United Breaks Guitars.
>>
>>7162606
See
>>7162565

This story is copypasta
>>
>>7162554
Hahahaha fuck that YSL faggot.

>$500 shirt
>McDonald's

He doesn't have enough to go elsewhere after buying that crappy shit
>>
>>7162554
Do what Europeans do:

Accept that accidents can happen
Accept that it might be your fault

Woner why Eupoeans only sue if it's serious? because it's a fucking waste of money.

you paid $500 for that shirt, it's at least $500 more in trial costs

and for the futoure, don't waste $500 on a piece of useless fucking cloth

peace out
>>
I once walked into a dark alley in a bad neighborhood.

I ended up getting mugged.

Who can I blame it on?
>>
No good will come of this. They will just remove customer access to sauce pumps. We don't have it in Australia. America, you may lose it too. Do you want to continue putting extra sauce on your burgers? Be very careful about how you proceed.
>>
>>7162780
Immigrants
>>
>>7162554
>my $500 shirt
Why does such a thing even exist?
>>
>>7162812

But they're illegals in the states...
>>
>>7162780
black culture
>>
Why do people ever buy expensive clothing? I get why women fall for fashion stuff as they generally think emotionally rather than rationally, but why would a man ever do this?
>>
>>7162835
There is expensive clothing that is actually better quality, and expensive clothing that just has a better image. A rational man can tell the difference, and knows to dress for the occasion.
>>
>>7162859
>There is expensive clothing that is actually better quality,
To an extent definitely, but it it physically impossible for a shirt to be $500 quality, not even close

The whole concept of fashion is a joke designed to part non-discerning people from their money through marketing. Kind of like apple products, but to a much greater extent
>>
>>7162859
>and knows to dress for the occasion.
The only occasion that calls for wearing expensive shit is when you are trying to impress someone dumb enough to think that matters
>>
Small claims court -- it would cost them more to fight you with an attorney than it would cost for them just to give you what you want.
>>
>>7162835
We don't live in a perfect work, and even though it shouldn't matter, how well you dress often does.

I'm at a point in my career where I'm starting to have to dress up a bit. It sucks but it's the world we live in, and one has to pick their battles.

And there is some reasoning in it. You know when someone walks in and without having any clues as to who they are, you just somehow know they are high up the chain. Part of that is probably their $2000 custom tailored suit. At a certain level, spending a lot of money to look marginally more polished becomes a thing.
>>
>>7162900
>Part of that is probably their $2000 custom tailored suit.
Pretty much no one can tell your suit was particularly expensive besides other people who buy similarly expensive suits
>>
>>7162900
thank lord baby jesus I went into STEM and don't have to worry about that bullshit
>>
>>7162891
>faggot with no knowledge of the legal system detected
mcdonalds has a team of lawyers on salary specifically for this type of thing. they can drag court proceedings out as long as possible, to the point where it costs tens of thousands of dollars before your case is even heard.

never sue a company for such a small thing
>>
>>7162772

Your dignity is only worth $500?
>>
>>7162772
Is it winter break already? I thought you twelve year olds still had one week of school left?
>>
>>7162927
You will when you have to compete against 40 hipsters and 40 other neckbeards for an entry level job
>>
>>7162948

>faggot with no knowledge of judge judy detected

OP clearly chose to say he was wearing a $500 shirt so that he wouldn't be able to get compensated for any legal fees in small claims court.

>not working the line until 3am and waking up to daytime television trying to get you to spend all your money on an online degree
>>
>>7162974
I already have a job, and no, I didn't need to, and now I can wear cheap jeans and a plaid shirt to work like a real man
>>
File: dsiGyUJ.gif (3 MB, 244x226) Image search: [Google]
dsiGyUJ.gif
3 MB, 244x226
>>7162554

>$500 shirt
>>
>>7162554
>$500 shirt.

If you're enough of a douche to own a $500 shirt, you had this coming. It is a lesson.
>>
>>7162554
>$500 shirt

Fuck off back to /fa/, you massive faggot.
>>
>>7162554
I call bullshit. I don't think even Turnbull & Asser charge that kind of price.

Maybe Charvet. But people who own Charvet shirts do not enter such establishments. They direct their palanquins towards the drive-through.
>>
>>7163045
>even knowing what those corporations are

Still, I think the kind of people who think wearing an expensive shirt is cool are the exact same kind that go to McDonalds
>>
>>7163045

>rich people don't eat McDonald's

His suit is probably worth more than your car.
>>
>>7163060
that's dairy queen
>>
>>7163065

Same thing.
>>
>>7162554
As expected, everyone took the bait.

Dude's been telling this same story for a month.
>>
>>7163091

It's pasta now.
>>
>>7162878
ok, Cletus.
>>
>>7163098
Cletus is the exact kind of person who would buy a $500 shirt and think it is cool and impressive. Most people you encounter have no clue how expensive your shirt is nor do they care
>>
>>7163101

Unless it's nice and receives compliments...which is how expensive clothing companies became so successful to begin with.

People see someone with something they like, they're going to tend to get the same thing. 70% of people who own an cellphone on the planet have an iPhone. It's not because the iPhone is superior, it's because it's trendy and no one wants to be the "odd man out" in social settings.

I have an S6 active, I love it, but cringe when I see people putting a Note3 to their ears being the size of a Kindle Fire HD.
>>
>>7163098
>>7163101
My name is mud and it's always been
'Cause I'm the most boring sons-a-bitch you've ever seen
I dress in blue-yes navy blue
From head to toe I'm rather drab except my patent shoes
I make 'em shine, well most the time
>>
>>7163110
>70% of people who own an cellphone on the planet have an iPhone
pretty sure that is not true

But yeah, Apple is just like fashion, its people uneducated on the subject trying to be cool, when their idea of cool is entirely based on marketing not substance

But with shirts its even sillier as most people don't have any clue how much your shirt was sold for, at least with Apple it is outwardly apparent and pretty much everyone is familiar with them. With fashion, only a tiny percentage of people will recognize how much you paid in order to seem cool most people will not even notice
>>
>>7163121

Most people won't notice until they want what you have, see the price then shy away to make pointless comments on a food and cooking image board.

I honestly don't care that my story because pasta, because I got what I wanted out of that frivolous lawsuit. I initially asked for the franchise owner to pay cleaers bill which was $5, he refused and basically told me to go fuck myself.

The "full replacement" suit was a "fuck you" right back at him. It went beyond monetary value. I'm not going to let anyone punk me out in front of my wife and children. There's standing up for yourself and being a retarded faggot.

The principal of the matter is what drove me to do what I did. With a closet of shirts exactly like it I really didn't care if I won or lost, small claims is either show up or lose by default. I took the owner of 30+ fast food franchises away from his businesses costing him money, making him my bitch in turn. I'd do it all over again.
>>
>>7163132
>Most people won't notice until they want what you have
Most people can't even tell it apart. They look at your expensive shirt and just see a shirt, they don't even know its supposed to be worth more
>>
>>7162780
Liberal "arts" majors
>>
>>7163045
Those are shirt brands for old money though
YSL is for people who need to be told what's good
>>
>>7163246

Apparently everyone who isn't a liberal arts major doesn't know what a figure of speech is, and will be baffled when they encounter one that isn't on the end of a popsicle stick.
>>
>>7163257
This. My parents grew up poor, and they waste so much money on useless, flashy shit because they need to tell people that they have money now. As someone who grew up around wealth, I don't need to prove anything to anyone.
>>
>>7163257
>who need to be told what's good
Everyone needs to be told whats good because none of these things are objectively good, its just who has the better marketing strategy
>>
>ever buying clothing that is more expensive than the stuff at Kohls

You people disgust me
>>
>>7163269
Not really. A rational person buys things based on, first and foremost, what meets their needs their best, followed by personal aesthetic choices. Anyone who buys based off of what other people are buying without doing extensive research on whatever it is deserves to have their money taken.
>>
>>7163162

You don't think people can distinguish the difference between paterns, colors or fit? Hmm...
>>
>>7163162
Possibly true, but they'll look at you and think you look nice without knowing what the quality clothing is contributing to that effect.

Don't get hung up on the $500 for a shirt. That's obviously an excessive price OP used for comedic effect. Expensive clothing doesn't have to be THAT expensive.
>>
>>7163274
If you spending enough on clothes that it requires extensive research, you are doing it wrong
>>
>>7163285
even if you are pay $100+ for a shirt, thats rather ridiculous, when you can get functionally identical shirts for less than half that
>>
>>7163277
>distinguish the difference between paterns, colors or fit
Thats entirely unrelated to how much a shirt costs, its not like certain colors are more expensive
>>
>>7162554
It's quite obvious really the only real solution is to fuck up their toilets.
>>
>>7163332

Certain paterns are trademarks of specific designers like Louis Vuitton for instance. Or Burberry.
>>
>>7163447
Are you saying you actually look at patterns dudes are wearing to determine which corporation has branded them?
>>
>>7163313
>he doesn't own suits
>he doesn't own any nice winter wear
>>
>>7163461

If I see a nice tie or shirt, yes I ask.

Having a woman in my life that isn't my blood relative affords me the opportunity (however unfortunate it may be) to learn about fashion, as magazines are in nearly all public rooms in my home.

To say you wouldn't recognize the Louis Vuitton pattern or a Burberry scarf or umbrella is an outright lie. Those 2 brands alone managed to transcend the gender barrier and make both sees mutually obsessed with obtaining their goods.

Before you spin off on your autistic rant about "muh corporations" keep in mind that unless you're weaving your own clothing on looms and sewing machines you're also feeding into "corporations". Most of which exist purely in 3rd or 4th world nations (especially textile factories and raw materials merchants).

Also, certain dyes DO cost more than others. They all have their own unique origin whether coming from animals, plants or minerals.
>>
Use cheaper shirts.
>>
>>7163469
>>he doesn't own any nice winter wear
I assure you, my jacket is sufficiently warm
>>
>>7163487

Is this some kind of /fa/ pasta?

I also have a girlfriend, and when she bought a Burberry scarf ("on sale") and I saw the receipt I told her she was buying groceries for the next two months if she was making enough to throw away money like that.

>off topic as fuck
>>
>>7163518
But you still don't own a suit. Any male over the age of 13 should own at least one suit, if not three or four. If you don't, you're either a manchild, living in extreme poverty, or both.
>>
>>7163522
But did she pay for the groceries? I need to know.
>>
>>7163487
>To say you wouldn't recognize the Louis Vuitton pattern or a Burberry scarf or umbrella is an outright lie
I would have no fucking clue. I have heard of both brands and assume they are expensive but have no idea what the represent nor do I have any idea how expensive.
What the fuck men do you hang around with that are "obsessed with obtaining their goods". I don't think I have ever heard men discuss such things outside movies/tv and this thread

>Before you spin off on your autistic rant about "muh corporations" keep in mind that unless you're weaving your own clothing on looms and sewing machines you're also feeding into "corporations"
Yeah, my point was they are all the same, whether you buy Louis Vuitton, or Dockers its just some company, its not like you are supporting art or talent (besides in the marketing team)
>Also, certain dyes DO cost more than others
Sure, but no one sees a shirt and goes "oh that looks like they used an expensive dye"

I don't know man, you seem to be living in an entirely different world
>>
>>7163535

Of course not...
>>
>>7163527
I have a suit, I wear it about once a year to a funeral. In normal life there is rarely a situation where it is appropriate to wear, so it would be ridiculous for me to buy more than one, and I do not know who made it
>>
>>7163522

>pasta

Nope.

You picked a loser of a woman if you have to support her like it's the 1950's all over again. My wife makes $2500 a month just selling flash art for tattoos online.
>>
>>7163546
>In normal life there is rarely a situation where it is appropriate to wear
What about a job? A date? Going to the theatre? Or the ballet? What about when you have an important business meeting? Or when you just want to look nice when you're doing some shopping?
>>
>>7163537

Yup, different world.
>>
>>7163555
Let me guess, you're an East Coast kike?
>>
>>7162772

>Woner why Eupoeans only sue if it's serious?

Because their lawsuit system is loser pays. In America, if someone sues you and you win, you still have to pay your legal fees. Hence why big boys like Trump can threaten a smaller guy with "I'll drown you in legal fees if you build a business on my turf".
>>
>>7163571

I live in Ireland, I'm also a farmer...
>>
>>7163551
>What about a job
I'm not dealign with customers or anything so I can wear what I want. I would look silly as fuck if I showed up in a suit
>A date?
You wear suits to dates? Like you just show up at a bar/coffee place with a suit on?
>What about when you have an important business meeting
I wear the same thing as I do every day, I can't recall the last time I saw anyone working in my building with a suit. Maybe some sales people who interact with customers wear ties, but no one wears full suits
>Going to the theatre? Or the ballet?
Why would I wear a suit to go sit somewhere?
>Or when you just want to look nice when you're doing some shopping?
This is a joke right? I don't think amazon, or the cashier at the grocery store cares what I am wearing
>>
>>7163574
>if someone sues you and you win, you still have to pay your legal fees
Many times, this is not the case at all. Being ordered to pay legal fees is very common with lawsuits in America. However, it's entirely up to the judge to decide.
>>
>>7162554
You could just kill yourself instead and do the rest of us a favor.
>>
>>7163527
Thinking back, there were no situations in my life before my mid 20s when I needed a suit.

I always had at least one, but half the time they didn't fit because I had grown out of it, or I was impatient and just went with something that mostly fit, and they always looked awkward and uncomfortable.

Honestly, unless you are in a white collar job with a reasonable level of responsibility and compensation, and you're able to spend at least $1000-1200, you should not have a suit. You'll just end up looking like "the help" and that's not a dignified look. Yeah, if you're a limo driver or a security guard or something, then you need a suit, but that's more of a uniform than a suit in the sense that you apparently mean.
>>
>>7163577
You've never taken a date to a $500 per person dinner(before drinks)? How poor are you?
>>
>>7163577

The theater and ballet have dress codes, like many high end restaurants...which you're clearly not visiting.
>>
>>7163599
why would I ever do that when the best food doesn't even cost nearly that much?
>>
>>7163607
To impress the hot Jewish chick with big tits and good family connections.
>>
>>7163527

>any male over the age of 13 should own at least one suit

Maybe if you're living in the 40's, or are an Irish potato farmer.

I'm a 30 year old male whose done just fine for myself and have never owned a suit in my life.
>>
>>7163600
How often do you go to Ballets?

Is that like a routine part of your life?
>>
>>7163613
I try to go at least once a season.
>>
>>7163620
are you seriously going to imply I know how often a season occurs?
>>
>>7163626
There's a new season every 3 months. Four in every year. They're called Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter
>>
>>7163600
Do you live in Vienna or something? Because in New York City there are a ton of people going to the NYC Ballet and the Met wearing a jacket and tie. Sure, some wear a tux, and some wear a suit, but there's no "dress code".
>>7163613
He doesn't, he's role playing.
>>
>>7163630
You do know that that depends on where you live in relation to the equator, right?
>>
>>7163638
Anyone who doesn't live somewhere with four distinct seasons, lasting 3 months each, is a savage and shouldn't even be allowed to use this website.
>>
>>7163630
Usually for that meaning one would say quarterly. In the context you used it implies some sort of production season as many forms of entertainment see
>>
>>7163644
Just making sure you weren't retarded.
>>
>>7162554
If you could afford that shirt you wouldn't complain about that. Don't try to act rich when you're actually a poorfag.
>>
>>7163646
There is no ballet season, retard. Everyone knows that. At least, I thought everyone did. Sometimes I forget what kind of riffraff they let into this place.
>>
>>7163653
>There is no ballet season
I didn't know of one, but the context you used sure seemed to indicate there was
>>
>>7163656
I figured that everyone would know what I'm talking about, since anyone with a modicum of culture knows that there's no ballet season, and that I must be talking about seasons in the usual sense. I guess I should slum up my posts.
>>
>>7163653
Production companies for all forms of performance art, including ballet, refer to their year's run as a "season." You can buy a "season package" to attend all of their shows within that season.
>>
>>7163664
I didn't know that because I'm roleplaying.
>>
>>7163662
Who the fuck even goes to ballets? Do you live in 1850?
>>
File: 7645068.jpg (26 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
7645068.jpg
26 KB, 200x267
>>7162554
>be an amerifat
>need to go to slop factory for fill of fatty fried food
>also need sugar charged sauce on top of cholesterol mountain
>aggressively pumping sauce dispenser
>discharges all over shirt
>uses court of law as a private playground to validate to yourself how its your right to never get sauce on your shirt
>???
>loose money, shirt and time

well done anon
>>
>>7163678

Cultured people and people interested in maintaining cultural heritage.
>>
>>7163706
That's the greatest line of pseudo-intellectual bullshit I've read all day and I was on /lit/ this morning.
>>
>>7163637

Right. Jacket and tie is required apparel. Same goes for many restaurants in the city. I'm a Hudson Valleyfag but work in the city.

You should have the bare minimum as an adult as far as formalwear goes.
>>
>>7163706
>interested in maintaining cultural heritage.
What does this even mean?

With the amount of culture and media readily available to you in your own home, the only real reason to attend a ballet is to say you attended a ballet.
>>
File: 18553338755.png (1 MB, 1077x1551) Image search: [Google]
18553338755.png
1 MB, 1077x1551
>>7163714

Yes. It's only pseudo-intellectual if you harbor an interest in maintaining your own cultural heritage. Harboring others is okay thought right? How long did it take you to adapt an entire other cultures mannerisms? Dreadlocks? Patchouli stench?

Trying to figure you out...
>>
>>7163730

I enjoy the ballet and symphonies. That's why I go. Ballet is elegant, graceful and beautiful. The symphony is also great. Goosebumps every time.
>>
>$500 shirt
how does it feel being a sucker
>>
>>7163722
I don't think anyone is saying you shouldn't have a coat and tie. Just that buying an expensive suit is almost never necessary unless your job has strange clothing requirements such as a limo driver. There are very few situations in the life of a 20 something where a suit is appropriate attire
>>
>>7163738
Culture is for people without real jobs. If you have time to worry about music, or art, or theater, or movies, or anything outside of your job, you have too much free time on your hands and you aren't working hard enough.
>>
>>7163722
First of all, you said "suit", not "jacket and tie". There is a difference.

Second, it is not required, you can (and some do) show up in jeans and sneakers. It's still mildly stigmatized but nobody gets stopped and people are too polite to say anything. For a lot of fans, it's a relief that there are even young people showing interest. The audience at these things tends to be geriatric.

You are role playing, it's fine, but I am calling you out.
>>
>>7163738
>if you harbor an interest in maintaining your own cultural heritage
thats what wikipedia is for
>>
>>7163749

All jobs require one uniform or another. I have a white collar culinary job so a suit is mandatory.
>>
>>7163738
Who said anything about harboring another's culture?

I'm quite comfortable with myself. You're the one thinking that you need to attend a ballet to be perceived as "cultured"
>>
>>7163745
The same way it feels to be poor
>>
>>7163754

>too polite

Nah I've seen people refused entrance to eating establishments many times, hence the "house" jackets hanging in the coat check area. They're there to make you not look like a douchery too lazy to dress an an adult in a fine eating establishment.

Dressing well go social events just shows you're capable of assimilation and being part of the larger group, not some angst teenager saying "muh Jordans muh dick nigga".

>your cultural heritage is for old people.

Cool, swag on out of here friend-o.
>>
>>7163759
>I have a white collar culinary job so a suit is mandatory
Yeah, thats fine, just realize that most men would not be willing to buy a $500 shirt, and most do not succumb to the fashion marketing ploy
>>
>>7163760

It's a privilege. I love it. Honestly I think it should be mandatory for children to see the ballet and attend symphonies at least once a year.
>>
>>7163780

>speaking for all men globally

Your arrogance and snottiness is indicitive of a child's mentality. I know you're just some broke college kid, but even there you're expected to dress normally.
>>
>>7163781
>I think it should be mandatory for children to see the ballet and attend symphonies at least once a year.
why? You can download all classical music that stiill exists in a matter of minutes without leaving your couch
>>
>>7163790

It's not the same experience.
>>
>>7163777
I was talking about the opera and the ballet, which you are role playing about being a high class gentleman, whereas you clearly are out of touch with the culture.
>your cultural heritage is for old people.
It's very clearly not *your* cultural heritage, otherwise you'd be aware, and emotionally invested in the fact that classical music groups across the country are folding right and left, funding is running dry, and audiences are dying off in droves. New York is in better shape than most cities in this regard, but it's still a serious concern.

Have fun role playing, trailer trash.
>>
>>7163788
>but even there you're expected to dress normally.
Yeah, jeans and a t-shirt

If you show up to a college class wearing a suit you would get a lot of strange looks

I don't know any 20 something that has to wear a suit with any regularity
>>
>>7163797
>It's not the same experience.
I feel like bringing a bunch of kids to the ballet sounds like a terrible idea
>>
>>7163799

It's dying because of people like you. Simple. I go. I donate to charities supporting the arts. That's the difference. You expect it for free, your entire generation brought up on stolen music and computer programs file shared to your hearts content.

That's why you invest no interest, because somewhere there will be torrent for it.

I'm aware of what happens in the city I work. Honestly most of the art functions I attend are work related. It's good fun.

You really should broaden your horizons and experience arts in person. Art is a personal expression of emotions...food included in this definition.
>>
>>7163806

Schools rent out entire theaters for just this reason...even public schools lol.

>>7163802

>muh teenaged opinions matter
>>
>>7163819
>Schools rent out entire theaters for just this reason...even public schools lol
Sure, but its like making kids go to church, its just gonna bore them to death and make most of them become agnostic/atheist
>>
>>7163819
How old are you that you consider mid 20s to be teenaged.
>>
>>7163829

Church had nothing to do with the ballet or theater in general. You're still mad about Sunday cutting into your vidya time a decade after thr fact huh...

2cute4me
>>
>>7163834

Why don't you have an adult job that requires you to dress as adults do?
>>
>>7163781
>It's a privilege.
It's not like you were invited. You literally just bought a ticket to so you could tell everyone you went to the ballet.
>>
>>7163816
>I donate to charities supporting the arts.
No, you don't. But it's ok, role playing is fun isn't it.
>your entire generation.
I was born in 1975, are you referring to the cassette tape menace? At least half of my family is professional musicians and composers, the only reason I go to the ballet (even though I prefer the orchestra and small ensembles) is that my cousin dances. I don't do this for fashion, I do it because it was how I was raised. As far as the sharing goes, I was buying CDs at Tower, and then J&R, up until the very end. For personal enjoyment, not to "finally be classy like those patricians I see at work".
>Honestly most of the art functions I attend are work related
Here's one bit from your role play I suspect is actually truthful. You get bits and pieces of contact with this world and it makes you feel cultured. Good for your workplace, I guess. At least you're getting a taste.
>>
>>7163838
What percent of adults have to wear suits to work?

Has to be at most 5%. I wear jeans or khakis and a button up shirt (or polo in the summer) and so does basically everyone I work with

There are very few niche jobs where suits are appropriate. I literally know no one who has to and all the people I interact with are well educated people

Back in high school when I worked at a grocery store I had to wear a tie though
>>
>>7163854

90%+ of the adults I know.
>>
>>7163845

>you're playing a role
>MUH WHOLE FAMILY IS THR SAME THING YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE NERVE OF YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Lol idiot.
>>
>>7163865
Are you the head of the limo driver union?
>>
>>7163868
Now you're no longer playing a role.
>>7163877
Lol'd
>>
>>7163877

sommelier

close enough
>>
File: 13379849084.gif (481 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
13379849084.gif
481 KB, 500x375
>>7163883

>implying I am the same person you've been talking to.

I thought intelligent people could read into the fine reading and discern the difference between posters on this site.

My bad...
>>
>>7163896
I was baiting that dude, too. I don't think he realized he's been talking to at least 3 different people, maybe more.
>>
>>7163914
>I was only pretending to be retarded
It wasn't pretending
>>
>>7163918
>>7163914

Wait....how do I register for an account so I don't have to be this confused by " no names" again?
>>
File: glorious liberal tears.jpg (29 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
glorious liberal tears.jpg
29 KB, 340x255
>>7162772
>peace out
>>
>>7163937
Being able to discern regular conversation with one person, conversations with multiple people, and samefagging from each other is a learned skill that only comes from years of experience.
>>
>>7163937
https://untappd.akamaized.net/photo/2015_11_22/0d42224aeff3cc478f1c37805f8d60df_640x640.jpg
does it let you see this?
>>
>>7162554
I used to love those pumps when I was a kid. It was my 'job' to get the catsup when we went out to mcD's for lunch as a family.
>>
File: urafag.gif (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
urafag.gif
35 KB, 600x450
>>7163060
pic is dairy queen faget
>>
File: zuck1.jpg (40 KB, 510x297) Image search: [Google]
zuck1.jpg
40 KB, 510x297
>>7164384

Same thing.

The odd thing is the people I'm posting could probably buy McDonald's outright.
>>
>>7162554
your fault for being a fatfuck who insists on dipping everything in fucking tomato + sugar paste
>>
>>7163045
A cut black-label shirt is bordering on £300, and that's off-the-shelf stuff. Certain tailored shirts can easily exceed this, even more so for couture/commission designs. I had a friend who had a lot of new money, ate in fast food restaurants all the time, wearing astonishingly expensive clothing.

What I don't buy OP, is that you care that your shirt was destroyed. Anyone with a £300 shirt doesn't have the time to waste on complaints... unless it's just out of principle.
>>
>>7164422

For theat time, it's pasta from another thread.
>>
>>7164422
Are super expensive shirts more prone to stains or something? I feel like if you can afford to throw your money at a worthless piece of cloth you can afford a bottle of stain remover
>>
>>7164448
Depends on the fabric, silk is terrible, no way to get stains out. If you get the wrong stuff on it, the same is true for all shirts.

That said, I always find shirts have lost the depth of their colour after 4-5 washes, at which I point really stop giving a fuck.
>>
>>7164466

Can't get suede wet either, ruined forever.
>>
>>7164469
Yeah, definitely. I once had a wonderful pair of suede shoes (gift from a gf at the time), and despite great care (including correct pre-treatment) they were damage within a month. Since then suede shoes have been indoors only.
>>
>>7164466
>4-5 washes
You're either washing it wrong, or you're buying some really weird fabrics. I have plenty of nice shirts (custom Albini and Thomas Mason, and a bunch of Etons) and none of them have that problem. Are you washing them with bleach or something?
>>
>>7164483
>washing

I have a laundry service pick them up and wash/press, so I couldn't say for certain. It's an issue I've had for a long time though, and across many services. Duchamp shirts are really prone to it, although they're not of any great quality.
>>
>>7164469
>>7164474
If it's clean water, good quality suede should be able to handle getting wet just fine as long as you take them off and put them in shoe trees right away. I've got a pair of suede boots that I've worn for the last 3 winters, gotten them rained on a few times and they're doing just fine. The only thing that scares me is oil, and salt damage. But they're dainite sole, so with reasonable caution that can be avoided.

You probably got them in filthy water, or you wore them wet, multiple days in a row. Or, they're just really bad shoes.
>>
>>7164474
>shoes have been indoors only.

Amerilard detected
>>
>buying anything besides random pattered shirts form basic kohls brands
>>
>>7164492
Oh yeah, commercial laundry services will rape your shirts.

I am a bit of a sperg about my clothes, I do kabbaz method (essentially, bar soap and warm water on the spots that touch the skin, light passes with a toothbrush, gentle wash, hang dry).

Used to have them commercially laundered but they ended up destroyed within a few washings.
>>
>>7164504
>filthy
This, pretty much. English Novembers in a rural village. Mud everywhere.

>>7164514
Not home shoes or anything, indoor shoes. I don't drive to a dinner party in the shoes that I wear, I just change them in the car. If I want to go for a walk I just switch over.

>>7164517
How do you find the time? My Father is much the same, but at least he affords some staff to handle that.
>>
>>7164517
>I do kabbaz method (essentially, bar soap and warm water on the spots that touch the skin, light passes with a toothbrush, gentle wash, hang dry).
Is this really a thing people do?

How long does this take?
>>
>>7164514
what the fuck american has "indoors shoes"? Thats not a thing in america
>>
>>7164535
Same way I find the time to sharpen my own knives up to a chromium oxide finish once a month, autistically cleanse and floss my bike's drivetrain every two weeks until it's clean enough to eat off of, hand grind my coffee for each morning cup, or shitpost on 4chan all the time.

Partly autism, partly because I enjoy it, and partly because I have no country estate in the South of England to look after.
>>
>>7164535
>I don't drive to a dinner party in the shoes that I wear, I just change them in the car. I
That sounds autistic as shit
>>
>>7164554
The pre-wash treatment is about 1 minute per shirt.

I machine launder them. Obviously, the hang dry happens overnight. Then I press them in the morning.

I really don't think 1 minute per shirt is crazy, although most people I know still think it is.

Like I said, I used to get them commercially laundered, but I got sick of mystery holes appearing out of nowhere, color fading, etc.
>>
>>7164562
It's just more comfortable, also means that you can get out of the car anywhere without worrying about your shoes getting dirty. I'm certainly not polishing shoes before I get out of the car, just because I wanted to stretch my legs half way through a long drive, and pulled over for a few minutes.
>>
>>7164571
The whole using a toothbrush thing sounds a lot more time consuming than that
>>
>>7164571
>1 minute

Honestly, I though it would take longer. I'm certainly tired of using commercial services; between the lack of care, and that almost nobody presses shoulder correctly, I'm exasperated with the whole process.
>>
>>7162780

Niggers.
>>
>>7164575
The fuck kind of parties do you go to where people would notice that you stepped outside with your shoes briefly?

and if your other shoes are more comfortable why would you take them off and replace them with the uncomfortable ones when you get there?
>>
>>7164504

You probably Scotchguarded them, which is highly carcinogenic. Enjoy your cancer.
>>
>>7164582
It's only for the inside of the collar for barrel cuff shirts. Hold under warm water until it's soaked, run the bar soap along the seam, wet the toothbrush and gently brush in a circular pattern once in each direction, rinse lightly, and crumple up and toss in the basket.

For french cuff shirts, which are prone to darkening along the fold of the cuff, it adds some extra time for each sleeve, but I don't have a lot of those and I wear them rarely.
>>
>>7164589
>what type
Plenty, both formal occasions and business events.

>comfort
As well polished black oxfords (or similar variants) are typically expected. I suppose they are comfortable to stand around in, but I prefer grippy driving shoes for, well, driving.
>>
>>7164593
Nope. The only special thing I do is a suede brush once a season, and shoe trees.

I don't wear them every day. They need to breathe. Wearing shoes every day encourages rot and drastically reduce their number of useful wearings. I seriously hope you guys don't actually do this.
>>
>>7164602
I'm glad I am not in situations where people give a fuck about how fancy my shoes are
>>
>>7162554
I'd be ashamed to know you
>>
File: 51d7XoUfoXL.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51d7XoUfoXL.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>7164583
You should consider doing your own shirts.

Suits and trousers go to the cleaners but shirts, never.

Also a good steam iron is a thing of beauty. I highly recommend getting a Rowenta.
>>
>>7164618
Noted, I should have some time during the holiday period to play around, and see if I can do something worthwhile.
>>
>>7162554

Stale pasta.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.