[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Made one with Chili inside. Pic is related!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 06cmykkrJAM5ZY.jpg (75 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
06cmykkrJAM5ZY.jpg
75 KB, 650x488
Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Made one with Chili inside. Pic is related! What do you think or prefer? Suggestions?
>>
>>7162280
looks to be fried not grilled.
>>
>>7162280
What is the giant ectoplasm at the bottom of the picture doing? Trying to eat your sandwich?
>>
>>7162319
This post (me) is 3 replies 4 posters
>>7162322
this is 4 / 4

therefore,

>>7162315
>>7162322
are the same person
>>
>>7162315
Where did this meme come from?
>>
>>7162315
>Think you should work on your seasoning though.
what do you mean exactly? the chili inside is seasoned. the green fuck on the foto ist only koriander for the moneyshot

>>7162319
thats creme freche with cholula-hot-sauce. was a stupid idea and not necessary

>>7162315
>Fry an egg, quarter it
why egg?

Ok, next one is in the pan!
>>
>everything in my pic is white, brown, and yellow
>i know, i'll just randomly throw some chopped up parsley all over the place to give it some color

It looks good, OP - really good, honestly - but doing shit like that just to take a nice picture pisses me off.
>>
>>7162341

Not everything is a meme, and this is from just a couple hours ago, and one shitposter who has been spamming this in every thread.

Just sage, report, and move on.
>>
File: Millhouse.jpg (5 KB, 180x173) Image search: [Google]
Millhouse.jpg
5 KB, 180x173
>>7162341
>Where did this meme come from?

It's not a meme. Just some unfunny pleb trying to force it. Just ignore it and he'll go away.
>>
Looks good OP. Never thought to put chili in a grilled cheese. What other grilled cheese fillers do you guys use? Tomato and ham is a classic combo. Ever made a chicken salad melt? I haven't, but after thinking about it just now I think I'll try it.

>>7162326
>samefag science
#rekt
>>
>>7162432
>Not everything is a meme,

Except, of course, every single food item anyone has ever consumed. This being /ck/ and all.
>>
>>7162437

>this being /ck/ since six months ago*
>>
File: IMG_2407.jpg (410 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2407.jpg
410 KB, 2500x1667
>>7162429
from this viewpoint youre right

okey made the nexto one. without the green fuck and with a better camera
>>
>>7162435
thanks anon, tastes goot too!
>>
On an unrelated topic, the Five-Star kitchen I started at actually microwaves Grilled Cheese Sandviches before grilling them in Butter. I am baffled.
Beef tartare from the ox, gold-sprinkled desserts and microwaved toast. That just blows my mind.
>>
>>7162462
My brother works at a sandwich shop that doesn't have a grill, so if someone orders a grilled cheese they get cheese microwaved on a plate and scraped onto toasted bread.
>>
>>7162462

Makes sense to me.

You need to cook grilled cheese on a low temp to get it heated throughout without burning the bread. Getting it started in the microwave makes sense.

People who are outright anit-microwave are also retarded/ignorant; Michelin star restaurants use microwaves.
>>
>>7162481
it just came as a shock to me. But jeah i guess it makes sense. Our cooking school teached us "Microwaving is not a method of cooking, its a method of heating". Which doesnt mean its a bad thing.
>>
Replace that green stuff with spring onion.
>>
>>7162496
>teached
>>
>>7162496

I've worked at a few places that prided themselves as doing almost everything from scratch, but with some things it just makes sense to heat them up in a microwave; they were still made with care, but are simply being heated up and you'd never know the difference.

With anything like a grilled cheese, or whatever kind of melt, you could brush the outside of the bread with clarified butter, add cheese/filling, throw the two slices into the pizza oven open faced, and in a minute the outside would be browned, while the fillings would be heated and the cheese would be deliciously gooey. In other words, if you have a pizza oven making a "grilled cheese" in the microwave doesn't even save time.
>>
I dont get the problem. As you all can see i made my grilles cheese in a pan. It takes about a minute from each side to get the outside nice brown and the inside melted. Why use a microwave for this?
>>
>>7162568

Because nobody ever sends back a $3 sandwich off the kids menu because they thought the kitchen didn't put their best cooks on the job.
>>
>sourdough (butter and grill both sides of each piece
>colby
>granny smith apple slices
>bacon

what should I do better /ck/? i'm not a master of seasoning
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.