[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>drizzle with olive oil >now give it a dash of olive oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>drizzle with olive oil
>now give it a dash of olive oil
>and finish up with olive oil
It's almost 2016, why does Jamie Oliver still think this shit is okay? I mean he carved out a name for himself as the health cook and we know now that olive oil isn't especially healthy compared with other cooking oils.
>>
>>7161970
>healthy
So fucking what?
The guy is a classically trained Italian chef, of course he's going to use olive oil.
>>
>>7161978
As a celebrity chef, what has he done to counter the myth that it's okay to eat a lot of olive oil because it's "healthy"? Nothing that I've heard of, he's teaching people recipes to be used at home, they don't need to use as much olive oil as in a restaurant dish. There's 120 calories in every spoonful and he just pours it like it's no problem.
>>
He uses olive oil in Thai green curry, ffs.
>>
>>7162217
No he doesn't.
He uses groundnut oil in this recipe.
>>
File: welsey_crusher.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
welsey_crusher.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
Why are britbongs so triggered by olive oil? This shit is not a new invention, just because the French built a tunnel to invade you with muslims doesn't mean other cultures haven't been eating olive oil for millennia.

>mfw brits ACTUALLY believe that Jamie Oliver works for Big Olive and is pushing his meme oil that no one had heard of until last Tuesday

It's like flyovers and their avocado phobia
>>
>>7162230
Olive Oil is very popular in Britain.
No-one gets triggered by it.
>>
>>7162226
Yes he fucking well does.

I quote:
"Put the slicer attachment into the food processor. Peel the ginger and put it into the food processor with the chillies (stalks removed), lime leaves and most of the coriander. Crush in 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic. Halve the lemongrass and discard the outer leaves, trim the spring onions, and add both to the processor. Blitz to a paste, adding a good drizzle of sesame oil and a good few lugs of olive oil as you go. "
Read more at http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/green-curry-crispy-chicken-kimchee-slaw-rice-noodles/#vlGQfBR77c94LUqF.99
>>
>>7162255
>http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/thai-green-chicken-curry/#esZslS35meiVHjm8.97
No.
>>
>>7162235
Well then who are these people who have a stroke over some TV chef using olive oil? Aussies? I thought they had olives on Australia island.
>>
>>7162226
> A good few lugs of olive oil
> A good few fucking lugs...
>>
>Treating monounsaturated fats like they're the devil

Ayy lmao
>>
But olive oil isnt bad for you. What are you even saying? You people are getting to the point where you're afraid to eat anything but raw veggies BUT NOT CORN, POTATO. ONLY CELERY.
>>
>>7162260
Jamie Oliver doesn't just use olive oil, he fucking drenches everything he makes in Olive oil.
>>
Jame Oliver? More like Jamie OliveOIL, amirite?
>>
>>7162296
Oiliver*
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.