[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I make poutine with when i cant get curded cheese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: qtddtor.jpg (460 KB, 1987x845) Image search: [Google]
qtddtor.jpg
460 KB, 1987x845
What can I make poutine with when i cant get curded cheese?
>>
>>7161831
>What can I make poutine with when i cant get curded cheese?
nothing. it's like making a ham sandwich without ham
>>
Cottage cheese
>>
>curded cheese

Well there's no such thing as curded cheese so that might be part of the problem.
Curd is made from milk, and then processed into cheese. It's the middle step between milk and cheese.

You could try making your own curd by adding rennet or some other acid to milk, but it's a messy thing and you probably won't get it quite right.
>>
What's a good ale? Something I can find at an average liquor store in the northeast United States.
>>
>>7161883
Canadian is my go to ale but I don't know if you can get this in the states or if it's cheap there. I gotta suggest you try out Coors Light
>>
>>7161895
That's not an ale you dingus.
>>
>>7161902
who gives a fuck you get drunk. oh don't make me guess! you >enjoy it for the taste
>>
>>7161907
The man specifically asked for ale, are you too drunk to read straight?
>>
Ale specifically, yeah. Tecate is my go-to lager beer.
>>
File: delicious.jpg (155 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
delicious.jpg
155 KB, 550x825
how do i made this?
>>
>>7161908
what kind of fag are you?
>>
>>7161831
If you have milk, try making cheese curds yuorself...
>>
File: How to hang yourself.jpg (817 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
How to hang yourself.jpg
817 KB, 608x1070
>>7161920
>>7161907
>doesn't understand the difference between lager and ale
>defends ignorance by saying "who gives a fuck"

Consider suicide
>>
>>7161915
Raw carrots, spring onions and peppers.

Wok fried mystery meat and what looks like sweet potato.

Egg look boiled but if you want a similar soft texture with less hassle getting it out of the shell, then poach it, slice the poached egg in half, and dust with black pepper. (For best effect, use self-crushed peppercorns.)

Noodles were boiled, then transferred to what looks like beef broth. There's probably soy sauce in there too.
>>
>>7161831

put large curd cottage cheese in some cloth (cheese) and drain or make ur own milk+vinegar+salt

good enough its just fuckin wet fries
>>
>>7162107
by being an American and not shitposting like an Australian
>>
>>7162107
Follow the explicit seasoning directions of your recipe, and then tasting at the end with SMALL incremental adjustments checking after each addition. It's probably easier if you're recipes give their seasonings in weight (grams) instead of volume (ounces/fractions of cups) and you use a scale.

Also remember that WHEN in the process you season can make as much of a difference as WHAT you season with depending on the item you're cooking (starches like potatoes, rice, and pasta need additions to the water early on for instance).
>>
File: Coffee-Grounds-3.jpg (40 KB, 541x611) Image search: [Google]
Coffee-Grounds-3.jpg
40 KB, 541x611
I see a lot of chocolate-based recipes posted online that call for some small amount of coffee grounds or espresso powder to enhance the chocolate flavor without making the end product taste bitter at all.

I hate coffee and never buy the stuff, so I'm retarded on this topic. What type of bean and/or roast variety should I be looking for strictly as a baking ingredient to go in chocolate desserts?
>>
>>7162135
pinto
>>
>>7161831
What's the point of the "cup and saucer" for tea?
Does adding hot water to the teapot to "warm" it really change anything, or is it a ritual?
>>
>>7162135
Go for a dark roast. Something that's oily looking. That means the flavors will be better carried in to your bakes. Look for those self dispensing coffee stations where you can buy a couple ounces as compared to shelling out for an entire bag. By the time you finish using a pound bag it will be shit anyway.
>>
>>7162135
I just use instant
>>
>>7161831
I need to know how to make poutine sauce

I know it comes from brown beef stock turned into brown sauce, but from there I'm lost
>>
>>7161831
Just cube some mozzarella, assuming you've got fries and gravy.

>>7165462
It's just hot gravy, literally that's it. If hot gravy doesn't work for you and you want it to be thinner, add a bit of water and salt.
>>
>>7162253
in case you drip some tea from the cup it goes onto the saucer and not onto the table cloth of your host...fucking common sense
>>
>>7165479
It is a gravy, but it's a specific gravy with a specific taste and I need figuring out
>>
>>7165495
No, I'm serious just make a beef gravy and pour it over your fries and cheese, it'll taste great.

And again, if it thickens up too much in your pan, just add water with a bit of salt and simmer until it's the right consistency.
>>
>>7165502
Dude, let me put some perspective
I'm Quebecois, there is a specific recipe and I'm looking for it, don't tell me it's a goddamn generic beef gravy because its not simply so. This recipe I can't find on the grand cook book that is Internet and its ticking me off
>>
>>7165509
Well, good luck on your journey for poutine gravy, come back with results if you find anything.
>>
>>7165495
>>7165502
>>7165509

It's a thin chicken and/or turkey gravy, not a thick beef gravy.
This is common knowledge, I'm not even from Québec.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.