[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you drink an espresso with food, or is it strictly a standalone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: Cezve_C3.jpg (47 KB, 948x960) Image search: [Google]
Cezve_C3.jpg
47 KB, 948x960
Do you drink an espresso with food, or is it strictly a standalone drink?

I've heard of people drinking it after food, but, wouldn't it go cold if you were eating out and had to order and receive the food and drink at once?

Picture semi-related.
>>
I ate a danish with my espresso once and I was arrested for profligacy.
>>
Order it after the food. Like with dessert. Usually they'll bring it after you finish eating.
>>
>>7161806
Must've been Italy.
Well, at least it wasn't a cappuccino after midday case.
Those are ten to life.
>>
Stop to do anything more than take a drag off your cigarette and it will go cold.
>>
Italian coffee is bad

Fact
>>
>>7162519
Why?
>>
>>7162519
Best coffee in the European Caliphate, nigger.
>>
>>7161794
Kebab koffee is disgusting. As expected from a mudslime country
>>
California coffee is the best in the world.
>>
>>7161976
How did it come to be that Italians are so triggered about someone having a cappuccino at any time besides morning?
>>
>>7167091
Autism
>>
>>7167091
Well somewhere along the line, fat white people started buying burlap sacks for $400 just because they were marketed as "SICILIAN STYLE PURSE MADE IN ITALY" and everybody started raving about MUH 'RRARIS and MUH 'GHINIS, so to the common Italian man, who was just eating an ancient piece of salami he found stuck to the bottom of his foot, it appeared as if the whole world considered Italy to be the kings of culture. Now, said Italian man is shitposting on /ck/ because hawaiian 'za with 'cha isn't Italian style, which is the only acceptable way of doing anything anymore because Italian culture is the only culture and also could I interest you in a purse
>>
how horrible do you think folgers turkish coffee would be
>>
>>7167143
Enough sugar and cardamom and I'm sure it would be drinkable
>>
>>7167143
You'd probably end up synthesizing rubber.
>>
>>7167141
Do you have cancer?
>>
>>7161794
I don't drink anything with my food. It disrupts digestion. I don't drink coffee either. But if I did I would take it alone.
>>
>>7167261
Are you Dutch?
>>
>>7167141
>Italy to be the kings of culture

They're certainly one of them, Anon.
>>
>>7165713
US coffee is mostly awful drip shit thats been festering on a hot plate all day though
>>
>>7167141
I'm an Americu/ck/, and even I know Italy is one of the most important contributors to world culture.

Without Italy we wouldn't have had

>Roman Empire and everything associated with it

>Catholicism/Christianity

>Renaissance, and all art/advancements stemming from it

>Unique Opera and important musical works

>Italian styled food that now everyone consumes all over the world

This is literally just a few things overall. Italy is one of the most important countries in the world historically and culturally, despite the fact it has a shitty economy now, most locals are poor, and the past few leaders of Italy have been greedy corrupt mother fuckers.
>>
What is thus? Suck Italy's dick thread?
>>
>>7161794
>but, wouldn't it go cold if you were eating out and had to order and receive the food and drink at once?
Where do you live? Where I'm from, the wait staff ask you if you'd like any dessert when you're done your meal, and that's when you would ask for an espresso.

Also, why did you post Turkish coffee?
>>
>>7168815
A tea drinking country.

I also have café situations in mind. Easy to order extras in a restaurant, but I'm used to schlubby self-serve american style places.

In my rustic background, eating out is very rare, rare as in more likely to be annual than daily or weekly, and drinking out means drinking alcohol, so I find it difficult to go to a cafe and not order food.

At the same time, I want to prolong my "right" to stay in the cafe, so that I can get some reading done, and inhaling an espresso and ordering nothing else will likely have the barista giving me the stinkeye within twenty minutes.

Going up and down from the counter twice is just awkward. I suppose the real solution is to avoid self-serve places.

I am aware that Turkish coffee is not the same as Italian coffee, hence the expression, "semi-related."
>>
>>7163010
Because coffee flavoured chocolate milk is all his infantile sensory organs can cope with
>>
File: angelinacroissantandcoco.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
angelinacroissantandcoco.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7168793
I am Italian and I honestly am not the biggest fan of Italy or its peoples. Most of the time it's fucking embarrassing being Italian. However it is undeniable that Italy has had a very significant influence on western culture. This of course means absolutely nothing and I am not even a huge fan of Italian food. But Italian coffee is GOD tier and i have never had better coffee than what I have in Italy. The only times anything came close was a pastry shop in Paris but that could have just been because the pastry was so damn good. Another time was at a coffee shop in L.A. called Intelligentsia that actually served me a fucking decent espresso in the United States.
>>7161794
I Drink espresso with pastries or desert. It just goes well with it. It also works with breakfast and a few meals but imho its best with sweets. It just pairs really well with pastry (as does coco).
>>
>>7169140
Well the first coffee houses opened in Venice almost 400 years ago, pretty sure they know their shit by now.
>>
>>7169140

Do the French really slather their pain au chocolat in butter and dunk it in gravy?
>>
>>7169158
They know enough to swindle you with burnt drip or over saturated instant.
>>
>>7169295
I highly doubt you've even been to Venice, let alone Italy, let alone even know anything about coffee.
>>
>>7163050
Not even remotely. They are years and years behind on coffee. Now, it's probably harder to get a terrible spro in Italy than in most places, but it is also harder to get a great one.
>>
>>7161794
that's a cezve, that's turkish. And far superior
>>
>>7170571
The `Turkish` method of coffee preparation was invented in North Africa you turkike
>>
>>7170571
>>7170739
It would have just been the original method used in areas that coffee was native to, wouldn't it? They didn't have any of the fancy stuff we have today. They would have just had the pot they used for cooking.
>>
>>7170548

Italian cafe dopio uber alles im European Caliphate, nigger.
>>
>>7168744
>Catholicism/Christianity

yeah, that would have been a terrible loss.
>>
>>7170802
You're right, the artistic achievements and advancements resulting from one of the greatest religions in the world would be a terrible loss. It's like everyone just looks at Southern baptists/Conservatives, the Dark Ages, and the Crusades when Christianity is mentioned instead of literally everything else it brought to this Earth.
>>
>>7169140
>Intelligentsia
kek, there are so many better places
>>
>>7170802
*tips fedora*
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.