[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese curry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151211_174134.jpg (293 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_174134.jpg
293 KB, 1280x720
After visiting Japan, i became a huge fan of curry. Today, I made some. Its pretty close in flavor to my favorite Japanese curry restaurant.
>>
woah that's a lot of meat you used there, are you sure that's not too much?
>>
homemade curry time next to akiba station is the goat curry
>>
That's a pretty sad looking curry man. It needs more body to it.
>>
>>7160499
The rest didn't want to come out of the pot when I poured. It all came out in the 2nd serving though
>>
That's good. Currry is a god-send and this coming from a pasty as white dude. Looks like the curry roux that comes in blocks, yes? Please don't think there's 1 kind of curry.... there's 1000's. Just like Chili and BBQ will mean different things in the US. North Indian Curry is a favorite. Make it spicy, find a girl who likes it spicy = life is good man.
>>
>>7160506

You should have taken a picture of that then.
>>
>>7160496
I tried a korean curry a couple nights ago, much different flavour but just as delicious.
>>
>>7160496
Japanese curry is supposed to be thicker, let it reduce more next time.
>>
>>7160609
I was trying to base it off my favorite curry restaurant. This is actually thicker than that.
>>
>>7160599
does it taste like garlic and peppers like every other korean food?
>>
What makes Japanese curry thick? I really only ever had Thai and Indian curries, so I am also curious: does Japanese curry have any spice to it?
>>
>>7161552
>What makes Japanese curry thick?
as far as I know flour

>does Japanese curry have any spice to it?
no, at least the extra hot golden curry brand isn't hot at all
>>
>>7160496
East Asian style curry It's literally the most basic of stews with curry powder in it. Maybe I just don't "get it".
>>
>>7161552
flour roux
>>
Japanese curry is fucking dire looking.

How is it any way better than indian curry? It looks like trash
>>
>>7161600
I like it because it's basically a differently spiced stew. I don't like indian curries as much because they seem thinner and have less meat.
>>
>>7161552
>does Japanese curry have any spice to it?

Typically no, sometimes it has the mildest spice you can imagine which adds something. You can, however, find varieties that will make you weep.
>>
>too much water used for the rice
>curry is watery as fuck

come on OP California could've used the extra water you wasted and fucked up this dish with
>>
>>7161636
Only if you eat in shit Indian poo in loo restaurants.
>>
>>7160496
>>7161638

You fucked up your rice, too much water.
>>
>>7161636
Good lord you're stupid.
>>
>Japanese Curry
Gross. Should've gone with Thai.
>>
Japanese Tonkotsu Curry is god tier
>>
Never had curry, but seeing as it >>7161574 is made with the same ingredients as gravy, is it just not gravy? Why is that anything special? Gravy a shit.
>>
>>7161905
You're a fucking idiot if you think curry and gravy are the same. Not all sauces are gravy you dumb fat American fuck
>>
Curry was brought to Japan by the British who got it from India. So it's not surprising that it's different from Indian/Thai
>>
File: 110063722454ebd1ab3a3bb.jpg (17 KB, 746x490) Image search: [Google]
110063722454ebd1ab3a3bb.jpg
17 KB, 746x490
Op here. Seems like most complaints are about how it looks. I guess I could have arranged it better before I took a pic.

And I did use too much water for the rice. Came out clumpy, live and learn.

Here's a pic from the restaurant I keep going on about
>>
>>7162524

>CoCoIchi

Fuck yes. Level 10 Heat Master Race.

Also cheese on curry is remarkably good.
>>
>>7161905
>Never had curry, but seeing as it >>7161574 is made with the same ingredients as gravy, is it just not gravy? Why is that anything special? Gravy a shit.
>>7161909
>You're a fucking idiot if you think curry and gravy are the same. Not all sauces are gravy you dumb fat American fuck
Geez. Calm down. It most certainly is curry-flavored gravy. It's nothing but thickeners, bouillon granules and minor amount of curry powder, and it's served in excessive quantities to the amount of meat. It's not sauced meat, it's sauce with a garnish of meat. It's utter crap peasant food from a box, and shouldn't be elevated to the levels it has become. It might as well be poutine. No one in their right mind would consider gravy without the meat that made the gravy reduction in the first place anything to write home about. Grow up.
>>
>>7162524
I go to coco all the time in Korea and 파리파리치킨카레 is the best, just like grilled chicken curry I guess but it's legit
>>
>>7162524
Best hangover food there is lvl 3 chicken cutlet curry. Fuck I miss japan.
>>
>>7161636
No words can express my amazement. Truly this is the most american post I have ever see.
>>
I don't doubt the taste, but it seriously looks like someone took a watery shit on your rice. Can't you do something about that presentation?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.