[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite store brand hummus? Trader Joes, Sabra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: hummus4[1].jpg (217 KB, 660x398) Image search: [Google]
hummus4[1].jpg
217 KB, 660x398
What's your favorite store brand hummus? Trader Joes, Sabra etc...
>>
The kind I make myself /thread
>>
Sabra is the shittiest. Bit too heavy on the citrus.

Jericho's not bad.
>>
>>7160416
Why are you such an illiterate faggot?
>>
File: IMG_0326.jpg (838 KB, 1185x1484) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0326.jpg
838 KB, 1185x1484
This stuff is pretty good, but I prefer the homemade stuff.
>>
Never had a store bought hummus I liked. Hopefully someone has good suggestions. I like that really lemony hummus.
>>
>>7160571

Store-bought hummus is almost never good. I would suggest finding a good recipe for making your own. If you didn't like the ones you've already tried then there's not much hope. The texture for store-bought is mostly the same and almost all of them are heavily laden with garlic.
>>
>>7160589
no, it's a food board. and OP was asking about storebought foods. you're just retarded and didn't read.
>>
>>7160589

Not him but- food & cooking .

What the bloody fuck was your thought process when you chose to ignore that?
>>
>>7160601
>>7160603
How do you even reccomend store bought product on a cooking AND FOOD board when you don't know where OP lives?

Shit thread and shit OP, downvoted.
>>
I also recommend doing your own. I've found a technique to peel them easily, I think I'll make a thread to give proper instructions, but it implies baking soda and violent shaking.
>>
>>7160571
>Hopefully someone has good suggestions. I like that really lemony hummus.
Sabra has a "luscious lemon" flavor with preserved lemon on top, lots of zesty goodness, and an overly lemony bright flavor in the hummus itself. Not too bad.

The problem with most storebought hummus is the fact it does need to be preserved, so has a little picklish flavor to it. Fresh homemade stuff is more creamy and mild on the tongue, none of that astringent pineapple enzyme kind of work on your tongue.
The secret to a really creamy homestyle one can be upped with a touch of chickpea flour to balance some of the wetness of the tahini and lemon juice. Also, use your own soaked beans, not canned. And, if you can slough off the skins of the soaked peas, you get a smoother consistency (work). That's it!
>>
>>7160571
I carelessly pressed a lemon over my last hummus and some skin bits went in. Turned out to be delicious, I'm pretty sure I'll include lemon zest every time in the future.
>>
Trader Joe's mediterranean hummus is god tier
>>
I've never found a store bought hummus that can compare to Yarden "Deluxe Houmous".
>>
right here
>>
File: SmoothClassic.png (222 KB, 480x380) Image search: [Google]
SmoothClassic.png
222 KB, 480x380
I tried this one, shits pretty good.
>>
Is sabra just no good at all? I normally get my hummus from a tiny hole-in-the-wall Mediterranean restaurant, but the family goes over seas for two months out of the year, leaving me hummusless. I've been thinking about trying sabra...

I suppose need to stop being spoiled and make my own.
>>
>>7163187
>ebola hummus
>>
File: hummus.jpg (106 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
hummus.jpg
106 KB, 1000x726
>>7161556
if you live in austin grandma's hummus is the only option. if you live outside of austin... HEB hummus is pretty solid value.
>>
>>7163217
it's not bad
>>
File: dai_pid_2002649_z.jpg (22 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
dai_pid_2002649_z.jpg
22 KB, 260x260
>>
>>7163811

as a matter of fact i do live in austin, but i've never heard of this, where do they sell it?
>>
Wegmans has a store brand hummus and it is amazing
>>
>>7163811
i can get this at HEB in not-austin
>>
homemade is obvious choice but
if buying store bought hummus, whole foods makes a good one. trader joe's hummus is good but whole foods is the only brand i've found that doesn't use oils and various preservatives.
>>
>>7160584
u r such an idiot. store bought is better than every white persons hummus ive ever tried. arabs can actually make it good though. but if you're white, your hummus sucks
>>
File: IMG_2989.jpg (524 KB, 2180x1453) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2989.jpg
524 KB, 2180x1453
>>7160410
I just consumed an entire container of this stuff.
>>
>>7160589
>/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Go find a subreddit for strictly cooking discussion, shitlord.
>>
>>7164866
Yes, I'm sure your limited experience with a handful of people making home made hummus is the definitive rule which applies to millions of other people.
>>
Sabra has a very odd texture to me. I don't know if it's whipped or has some kind of additive, but none of the other commercial brands I've tried are like it and haven't been able to replicate it at home.

Also, their baba ghannoush has mayonnaise in it.
>>
>>7166336
i like tribe for store bought xumus
>>
>make hummus regularly
>be cheap asshole
>never bought or tried any other hummus than the one I made
>don't know what it's supposed to taste like
Like, it's okay because I enjoy it, but what if someone tries and get super disappointed because it dorsn't taste like it should?
>>
>>7164866

Go eat a dick Fuckmed.
>>
My girlfriend works at this place called Zoƫ's and they put some sort of red paste into their hummus and it's the best stuff I've ever had I can eat it for hours and hours
>>
>>7160410
I used to get sabra, but it's kind of bland so I learned how to make hummus on my own. It's pretty easy, all you need is chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and whatever flavor additions you like.

Cook the chickpeas (I use a slowcooker)
Then blend the rest of the shit together.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.