[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best frozen foods that are a) relatively healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1364339740860.jpg (497 KB, 1280x1000) Image search: [Google]
1364339740860.jpg
497 KB, 1280x1000
What are the best frozen foods that are
a) relatively healthy
b) not drowning in sodium
c) cheap
d) easy to make

?
>>
frozen versions of whole foods (meats, vegetables, fruits) fall under all 4 of those categories
poverty diet includes bulk rice/beans, dump some frozen vegetables in it. defrost and cook the meat separately. frozen fruits can easily be thrown into yogurt or milk which are both pretty cheap

frozen prepared meals are kind of always gonna be gross unhealthy or comparatively expensive so thats probably the best answer you'll get
>>
Ice.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Homemade+frozen+meals
>>
>>7159868
this desu.

frozen veggies are alright, and fairly inexpensive. Certainly better than canned vegetables.
>>
>>7159886

I don't have a microwave though. I need something for the oven or stove.
>>
>>7159938
So frozen vegetables are perfect.
>>
I eat the AMYS Organic bean and cheese burritos a lot. Tastes good to me.

Microwave or oven works great either way
>>
>>7159840
Frozen veggies. Cheap as fuck and tasty as hell. Can be stir-fried with some butter, or just steamed or dumped into soups and various other dishes - like fried rice, which is cheap, easy, tasty and can be portioned and frozen.
You can also freeze cheap meat, especially mince and poultry offal (i.e. heats, gizzards etc.), which is also tasty as fuck when prepared properly.
After that there's not much to buy, just make your own soups/sauces and portion and freeze. Easy to reheat on the stove.
>>
>>7160081

This one?

http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/burritos-and-wraps/000071
>>
>>7160093
Yep...exactly those.

Just follow directions on the label, too with a bit of extra cheese and taco sauce if you want after baking or eat as is. Whatever you want.
>>
>>7160096
Top** with extra cheese and taco sauce if you wish.

(Fuck u Siri and ur autocorrect BS)
>>
>>7160103

Do you microwave or oven or stove them?
>>
>>7160110
Deep fry, the only healthy choice
>>
>>7160122

lol
>>
>>7160110
Both ...depends on the time I have. You wrap them in foil when you bake them, I dampen them and cover with a
Damp paper towel when microwaving because I don't want a hard tortilla.

I always top them with a little extra cheese and taco sauce, sometimes I put it on a bed of lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Bout 2 bucks per burrito in the US. I buy packages of six at SAMs for 10 bucks so it works out really good for me cost wise.
>>
>>7160124
Chimichanga mfer.

But he did say bake in his post...so..that one.
>>
del real tamales
>>
>>7160129

Awesome, I'm gonna start doing this. Thanks.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.