[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Marco used to happy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tqU30 Qiju0c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: images (12).jpg (10 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
10 KB, 194x259
>tfw Marco used to happy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tqU30Qiju0c
>>
:D
>>
File: happy-marco.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
happy-marco.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNGoGb8ykw&t=105

>1:45
>>
>>7158968
That's not happiness, thats muh Knorr moneyz purr.
>>
I'm in my 40s and I've literally never heard of this guy before the Knorr Stock Pot thing happened.
Really, who gives a shit about this guy, and why? To me, he is a has-been D-list celebrity who has shamed himself to make some extra cash at the tail end of his career. The big sell-out is standard practice in all performing arts, just look at all the "musicians" who keep coming back decades after their prime. Its really sad to be honest.
>>
>>7158976
He used to be a big deal. But he got lost amongst the influx of celebrity chefs. He also got completely overshadowed by his student.
>>
>>7158976
One of the most famous chefs in the world and his cook book literally changed the cooking world. But hey you're just a homecook so there's no shame in not knowing what the high end food is like.
>>
>>7158976
Hi Mr. Peggy Hunt
>>
>>7158976

the fact that you've never heard of something doesn't make it insignificant you dumbass. you just didn't hear about it, there are people in this world who haven't heard of fucking obama, it happens.
>>
>>7159000
You need to do better than that. Can you list the top five reasons why this guy will be remembered?
What exactly did he do?
>>
>>7159004
You fucking idiot
>>
File: hands up dont feel.jpg (75 KB, 800x682) Image search: [Google]
hands up dont feel.jpg
75 KB, 800x682
>>7158964

>you will never be this effortlessly cool and bohemian

why the fuck was i ever born
>>
>>7159006
So angry. I don't post reaction pics but think of your favorite angry response image.
Can you just educate me instead of being mad? Why should I care about this guy? I will pay respects if respect has been earned.
>>
>>7159012
>please spoonfeed me

Literally just type his name into google idiot
>>
>>7159016
Google told me this guy recommends Knorr Stock Pot.

You should try it.

"I'm not a robot!"
>>
>>7159004

>You need to do better than that.

no i don't. your attitude to receiving new information is shit, that's all i have to say.

>>7159012

no one wants to educate you. when you say stuff like 'i hadn't heard of this guy recently, so he seems like a nobody' you out yourself as an ignorant person with no desire to learn.
>>
>>7159029
>please spoonfeed me
I googled it. Do you blindly endorse google results as being correct and relevant?
I trust YOU more than google.
Google said Knorr Stock Pot. What do you say?
>>
>>7159029
>>7159016
>being this assblasted that someone doesn't want to suck off the same tv chef as you
>>
>>7159041
You didn't google shit you lazy bucket of shit. Either that or 90% of your previous searches are for stock pots.

Top ten results from a non logged in account:
His home page.
The wikipedia page about him.
His steakhouse in London.
His restaurant portfolio site.
Another link to his London steakhouse.
A newspaper profile about him.
Yet another steakhouse link.
A newspaper article about him.
An interview with him.
An interview with him.

There are two mentions of stock cubes on all of those sites combined. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7159072
So your superior search results yielded some amazing tidbits!
-he has a home page (seriously? that's gay)
-Wikipedia recognized him as a legitimate human existence
-He has a bunch of restaurants
-He did a few interviews
I'm still failing to recognize the greatness here. You really suck at proving your point.
>>
>>7159112
Read his wikipedia page
>>
>>7159112
Jesus christ, congratulations on your selective ignorance. Truly, you are qualitatively different to other human beings. Happy?

Go fucking jerk yourself off on your own time like everyone else does instead of performing your transparently disingenuous faux curiosity at us. We have enough sweaty monkeys doing their Socrates impressions without you adding to it.
>>
>>7158982
this

also he allready devoted a big part of his life to cooking, he retired years ago.
Knorr thing is a shame but not a sell out.
>>
>>7159113
Haha, I just did, and I'm far from impressed.
What a pretentious douchebag. And it still fails to mention any real accomplishments, only a bunch of MTV-tier drama.
>>
>>7159158
>And it still fails to mention any real accomplishments

First British chef to win 3 stars, ypungest at the time to win 3 stars. Not an accomplishment? Idiot just kill yourself
>>
>>7159164
It must be prime time in Britain because everyone is defending this guy.
From what I read he thought the "stars" were absolute bullshit, pretty much a Yelp review, so he quit like a tantrum child in his 40s.
I still don't understand how this guy changed cooking?
>>
>>7159173
>From what I read he thought the "stars" were absolute bullshit, pretty much a Yelp review, so he quit like a tantrum child in his 40s.

Then you read wrong. Anyway now I know you're trolling so just gonna hide this thread. Good luck and hope you have epic fun
>>
>>7159041
>>7159046

i'm not assblasted that you don't suck his dick, i don't care about him, i just get annoyed by people who are incredibly shit at conversation.
>>
>>7158982
>One of the most famous chefs in the world and his cook book literally changed the cooking world.
He is noted for his contributions to contemporary British cuisine.

(The world. huh.)
>>
>>7159338
9-11 is notable for it's effect on American culture, but it still effected the rest of the world too.
>>
I'm watching him on masterchef now, and he doesn't even cut onions anymore. He's doing a "masterclass" on making tomato sauce, with a grated onion, a jar of passata, and a stock pot. He's got a plaster on, so presumably he decided to grate the onion after cutting himself. Supposedly it "reduces the acidity".
>>
>>7159349
Marco Pierre White did 9/11
>>
>>7159158
>No real accomplishment

Youngest chef to win 3 stars (at the time), first british chef to win 3 stars, first british restaurant to recieve 5 red couverts ('knives and forks'), highest ever rating for a British restaurant of 19/20 (think it was Zagat, but cant find the comment and not 100% sure)

He came from humble beginnings. Working class family. Watched his mother die when he was 6 years old. Spent 25 years of his life working his ass off, purely driven by success. Sacrificed a lot to get there and finally when he did, had the courage to let it all go. Learnt from some of the best chefs and in turn trained other chefs who went on to great achievments. The Knorr thing is a bit of a sell out. He criticises other chefs for doing it - but he's also got to pay the bills.
>>
>>7160448
Also he was husbando material
>>
>>7161373
This
I apparently need to get laid.
>>
>>7161373
>>7161508
Because of the money, right?
Fucking whores. Every single one of you.
>>
>>7159112
You should probably eat something, because you're obviously starving for attention.
>>
>>7158976
>in your forties
>arguing about celebrities on 4chan

Wow, I thought I was pathetic. Thanks anon, you're today's reason not to kill myself.
>>
>Jamie Oliver is a fat chef with a drum kit
why is Marco so based
>>
>>7158964

I'll call your Marco, and raise you a Pepin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxlcSzMOG9o
>>
>>7158976
what the fuck are you even doing on /ck/?
>>
>>7158964
yeah before he burned out
>>
>Women will never come up to your office between main and dessert to fuck you whilst thier husband waits at the table

Is there any point being alive if you cant be Marco?
>>
>>7159349
>9/11 effected the world
Are you trying to tell me that there was no Big Bang, no intelligent design, just 9/11?
>>
>>7162210
I think his recipes are sound (never tried them though) and I've used stock pots too, they are pretty good but I think most people are just butt-blasted because they think he sold out to advertising!
>>
>>7162160

The biggest effect happened when the world came to be 5,000 years ago.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.