[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best rice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Basmati-Rice.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Basmati-Rice.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
and why is it Basmati?
>>
Whatever rice I get when I order food from the designated's takeaway
>>
>>7158702
That's basmati you autist.
>>
>>7158714
Well that's your answer. All rice is just rice to me
>>
Any rice that needs to be blasted with ghee and spices, dry roasted, and salted in order to be palatable is shit tier rice.

The only people who think basmati is good are indians and whites who are trying to seem "cultured" but their palate won't let them.
>>
>>7158723
>literally just white rice
>"blasted with ghee and spices"

nigga just add salt
its not that hard
>>
>>7158723
>what is texture
>>
>>7158677
>All rice is just rice to me

woah
>>
>>7158726
But texture is exactly why basmati is shit
>>7158725
>adding salt to rice
Do you put ranch on pizza? It's a rhetorical question, because it's obvious that you do
>>
>>7158723
You clearly don't know how to cook Basmati, then. You should never need spices, ghee (satan forbid) or salt to make it palatable.

And who the fuck dry roasts rice?
>>
>>7158729
Did you quote the wrong guy?
>>
>>7158731
Not everyone, of course. I have met many Indians in my day. Some Indians literally just boil it, like pasta, and then drain it, like pasta.

But at least there are some Indians who dry roast it, which gives it a pleasing aroma. Aroma is literally the only thing that can save, let alone justify basmati rice.
>if you don't like it you've never had it and don't know how to cook it
Why does /ck/ always resort to this. Some things are just unredeemable shit.
>>
>>7158737

define "wrong"
>>
>>7158730
>glorious, fluffy, individual grains
>it's texture is shit
Go back to your tendies and your aerosol cheese because it's clear that proper food is not for you, anon.
>>
>>7158740
People who think basmati is good, usually under the erroneous impression that the aspect ratio of the grain is somehow a useful standard of quality, or that the texture and flavor are subordinate to the aroma.

That is, in fact, the dictionary definition of "wrong"

Look it up if you don't believe me
>>
>>7158742
Fluffy is never an acceptable word in the context of rice. Please find whoever taught you about eating, and punch them a few times.
>>
>>7158737
Properly cooked Basmati will have amazing texture. It will be firm but soft, slightly chewy, no mush and there will be absolutely no stickiness.

I didn't say you've never had it. But I know too many fuckwits who don't know how to cook it properly and then whine about how it is more expensive than "regular long grain rice".
>>
>>7158677
>basmati
>good

Pft. You might as well get Old Sweaty Jim to spend a day sitting on packing peanuts and eat those instead.
>>
>>7158757
>sitting on packing peanuts

Yeah...clearly you're either overcooking your rice or not soaking it for 30 minutes (after a thorough rinsing) like you need to.
>>
>>7158752
Basmati is fucking cheap though, what are you on about? I can buy an army sized bag from Patel's for the price of a few cups of coffee, meanwhile the same amount of money only buys like 5 pounds of normal rice from the Korean grocery
>here will be absolutely no stickiness
Hence why it's shit.
>>
>>7158751
Just because to you fluffing only means what you do to the actor's penis inbetween takes of the "film" your uncle Dave is "making" doesn't mean it can't mean something else to the rest of us.
>>
>>7158762
>y-you must be cooking it wrong

Nah, it's just shit.
>>
>>7158764
What

Take your penis fantasies to /k/ where they belong
>>
>>7158763
It probably varies country to country? Might wanna consider that possibility.

All sticky rice is shit.
>>
>>7158770
No one gives a shit what it costs in australia though, so stop complaining that it's good because it's expensive. It's neither good, nor expensive.
>All sticky rice is shit.
No, you're shit and so is everything you love.
>>
>>7158770
Sticky rice is excellent for some dishes. Indian curry is not one of those dishes.

If you don't use basmati for designated curry then you're missing out.

The only rice which serves no purpose whatsoever is "American" long grain.
>>
>>7158801
What's wrong with sticky rice in Indian curry? Not disputing it, I've just never tried that and I can't imagine much difference.

Jasmine works fine with Thai / Malay curries for example.
>>
>>7158801
Of course, rice cakes and stuff. But if you're steaming sticky rice just to eat it with something on the side, then I can't imagine a single instance where sticky rice isn't shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.