[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend in Japan said I should try this sake called Kirishima
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: img58712018.jpg (335 KB, 539x550) Image search: [Google]
img58712018.jpg
335 KB, 539x550
My friend in Japan said I should try this sake called Kirishima Brilliant. She said it's made in her hometown and is good and cheap. I'd like to try it, but I don't know if it's available in the US. Anyone know? Is it good and how much is it?
>>
I've never seen it at the high-end liquor stores I go to but I've only gone specifically looking for sake a couple times. Given that it comes in something that looks like a milk carton I might have ignored it subconsciously. I'll have to check the next time I'm looking at the exotic imports.
>>
I could be wrong, but is that a shochu? I have a bottle of aka kirishima, same label but red. I know they make a black label that's less expensive. It's available in most japanese supermarkets. But we have a lot of those in California, don't know where you are.
>>
>>7158484
My friend called it sake, but after some googling it may be shochu. Her english isn't perfect. I'm in Kansas, which has a fairly surprising asian population, so it's possible I'll find it. The odds don't sound good, but still possible.
>>
>>7158963
It's always cool to see others from Kansas here. What city?
>>
>>7158963
I'm also from Kansas, so I hope it exists here, if only for the nice packaging.
>>
File: e-09-kkblackEUL1.jpg (32 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
e-09-kkblackEUL1.jpg
32 KB, 300x500
>>7157833
Unless she (or someone over there) is able to post you some probably not.

Japan is full of 1000's of local sakes, shochus, awamori, whiskies, wines and craft beers that mostly never get popular enough to get exported.

It's the same reason some crazy Aussies will pay in the $100's for bottles of Bundaberg Rum; simply cant get it outside of Australia. Same thing with a lot of the best alcohol from Japan.

I personally would kill for a bottle of Kume-sen. It's a nice, peppery Awamori brewed on Kume Island in Okinawa.
>>
>>7158484
>>7158963
It's shochu. 25%.
>>
>>7159322
Isn't 25 degrees brix 12.5% alcohol? Or is that a mislabeling in the picture?
>>
>>7159057
Wichita. If you just happen to see me in the next 4 hours, stop me and maybe we can drink later today. I'm a small asian dude in a dark grey shirt. I'm feeling kind of sick though but fuck it.
>>7159066
I will now begin driving to different stores and looking. I'm not sure if the asian grocery stores sell alcohol, but I'll check there last. Maybe pick up some snacks.
>>
>>7159674

No, it's 25% alcohol.
>>
>>7157833
>Booze in a screw-top carton, like OJ or milk
Can you get that in like, the refrigerated section of the grocery store?
>>
>>7159321
>It's the same reason some crazy Aussies will pay in the $100's for bottles of Bundaberg Rum; simply cant get it outside of Australia.

I live in Hamburg, Germany and my local Edeka Supermarket has Bundy UP at €28 for a 700ml bottle or €38 for a OP bottle

though this is a pretty rare thing, this store has 28 different gins, heaps of whiskey, cognac and wine for €800/bottle, everything under the sun

if only euros would bag my groceries like in Australia

I know you have to pay for/supply your own bags, but it's still faster than watching the 52 year old east german lesbian push shit in of the scanner just so you can bag it yourself

and I hear being a cashier is a goddamn apprenticeship! what kind of bullshit is that! this is a job for teenagers and uni students, not some permanent position

not to mention customer service everywhere here is awful
>>
>>7160026

In Japan you can get it like that at a convenience store or even out of a vending machine.
>>
>>7160041

They don't bag your groceries in Germany? Holy crap, that's considered standard in the US. Even with locally owned stores.
>>
>>7160427
>Liqour vending machines
Excuse me, I have to renew my passport and pack a few things.
>>
File: image.gif (89 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
89 KB, 480x270
>i drink sake
>>
>>7159675
I've never been to an Asian grocery store that sold alcohol, which sucks because I've always hoped to find the alcoholic drinks (Chu-Hi) I had in Japan in the U.S., but no luck. :/ Good luck to you, bro.
>>
>>7160443

Yep, and public drinking won't get you nicked so long you don't become a rowdy drunk.
>>
>>7160443
yes but they're usually in places that can be somewhat monitored, ie not in random alleys. Convenient stores are much more well, convenient for alcohol there, it is nice for most hotels to have an alcohol vending machine in the lobby though

>>7161285
can be pretty damn wasted in public, as long as you're not disturbing people more or less it's fine
>>
>>7160443
They're pretty common in Europe as well.
tfw: ordering a beer in McDonalds.
>>
>>7160454
>I am from Perdayderville, Flyoveria and consider this pretentious
We always value ur cult.rl insight anonypoo
Arbiter elegantiae dungareesatus
>>
>>7160439
The UK doesn't do it either, just like the rest of europe in my experience, it's like using a self-serve checkout with a face, literally no faster than doing it yourself.

You have to pay for bags, and most customers bring along their own sturdier canvas bags.
In Australia you would hand your reusable canvas bags to the employee and they would bag everything for you, separating colds, soaps, fruit, and meat, all the while avoiding crushing softer items with heavier ones.

And they all sit in chairs here, no standing up like in australia, it's not even possible because the conveyor belts are too low that you would hurt your back doing this 'job' standing.
>>
>>7157833
>I should try this sake called Kirishima Brilliant
All sake is swill. Very little difference between them. Don't get your hopes up or pay for it and expect some transcendent experience. Some swill is more smooth or carries a flavor and gets imported, but doesn't mean it's good or bad, or that anything is better than another. It's like vodka or wine, too many to mention.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.