[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a question. Trying to lose weight. When I wake up in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 640_coffee.jpg (45 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
640_coffee.jpg
45 KB, 876x493
Have a question. Trying to lose weight. When I wake up in the afternoon, I drink a few cups of coffee but I don't get hungry until hours later, usually around 6pm, at that point I will eat dinner. I then drink for hours then eat basically another dinner. How much does that fuck me? I mean the times I do eat when I first get up, say a couple of eggs and some toast I get hungry quicker than I would have if I didn't eat. Is the second dinner the reason not hungry or is anyone else like this?
>>
You need to eat several small, lean meals throughout the day instead of two big meals, but
>I then drink for hours
is your biggest problem. You need a lifestyle change, once you stop drinking so much the food will be easier to manage.
>>
Fatty food and dairy stimulate intense hunger. Abstain from both. Eat a hot high carb, high fiber meal twice a day, and don't snack. My favorite is meatless pinto bean chili with sweet green peas and some bread. You can eat meat too, but make sure it is lean. I'd stay away from beef, and you only have to eat it once or twice a week at most, unless you are doing vigorous activity and need to build some muscle.
>>
stuff your maw with rice or something until you're not hungry anymore. just wolf that shit down.
>>
>>7157574
alcohol has a shit load of calories
>>
>>7157582
>>7157583
>>7157598

OP...all of the posters except >>7157702
are full of shit

download myfitnesspal
track what you eat and DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF
then, once you know what your average daily caloric intake is, reduce it by a lot
baddabing, you lose weight

fuckin fatass
>>
>>7157704
I'm already on that site and I know because alcohol + my chaser is about 75% of my daily calories.
>>
>>7157811
The next big step is making the most out of your calories.

Look for foods that are high in fibre because they fill you up. Beans and whole wheat are high in calories but they are nutritious and filling.

Also add in some low energy density foods (i.e. veggies) to add physical balk to your meals. It makes the meal feel much more satisfying and physically occupies space in your stomach (again, making you feel more satisfied).

What you really end up with is kinda the stereotypical meal. Some kind of meat (chicken is good because it's low in calories, healthy, and you can do a lot of good things with it), some veggies, and some grains or starch.

Also cutting back or eliminating alcohol and sugary drinks will make a huge difference. It's a lot of calories that does very little for you nutritionally nor makes you feel full.
>>
>>7157574
I've never believed when you eat really makes a huge difference as long as the number of calories per 24 hour period is under your daily usage.

Personally I tend to eat 2 big meals a day, usually a late lunch and late dinner (which sounds similar to you). The odd occasion I'll feel hungry in the morning and usually just grab something on the way to work (I wouldn't trust myself to make toast in the morning..), and then have a lighter lunch.

Very least I think forcing yourself to eat on a certain schedule isn't healthy. We're wired with a natural mechanism to make us want to eat when we aught to be eating, I think it's better to listen to that than try to force yourself into the current theory on what's best.
>>
>>7157574
Caffeine is an appetite suppressant, so that probably has something to do with it.

How badly you're "fucking yourself" depends on how many calories you're eating. If you drink 1,000 kcals of alcohol every day plus 2,000 kcals of food, you won't lose weight. If it's 1,000 kcals of booze and like 800 of food, you will.
>>
>>7157574
It's almost all about the calories. However, foods to avoid are simple and complex carbohydrates that are not whole grain, vegetable oils besides olive oils and coconut, and... alcohol. Yes, it's bad for you to drink more than a couple drinks a day. It forces your liver to get fatty and you'll have a lot of abdominal fat whatever else you do. Fats and protein tend to reduce hunger. Carbs make you hungrier for more carbs. Fatty carbs make you the hungriest and fattest most quickly. Worst possible diet for a human is fatty carbs and excessive alcohol. When I want to lose weight, I eat lean meats, fats, vegetables and no more than 200g of carbs a day, cutting calories to a 400-500 daily deficit of ideal count for ideal target weight. Lose 1lb a week. Works for me every year after the holidays make me a fatty.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.