[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna make fried chicken. Is it as easy as I think it is? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: recipe_fried_chicken.jpg (70 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
recipe_fried_chicken.jpg
70 KB, 600x440
I wanna make fried chicken. Is it as easy as I think it is? The process is basically what?

*get a split breast
*soak it in an eggwash or buttermilk
*dredge it in flour and spices and shit
*pop it in a deep fryer for 15-20 minutes

I've made chicken tenders like that several times with decent success, but there won't be anything different using a whole breast will there?
>>
you don't need a deep fryer you can use a pan with oil in it
>>
File: 142845763254.jpg (76 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
142845763254.jpg
76 KB, 653x590
>>7157287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxEhH6MPH28
>>
>>7157310
I love that fat mustached fuck. I might try that this weekend
>>
>>7157287
>but there won't be anything different using a whole breast will there?

Nope, except for the longer cooking time due to the extra thickness.
>>
Best recipe you'll ever find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgx2Ytqueo8
>>
Oh god, OP.

I could help you out, but there are so many things wrong with your approach that I'm too drunk to begin to deal with.
>>
>>7157310

I wouldn't usually respond to a dumb frog poster, and tend to think that chef John is way overrated here, but that video was actually pretty solid for basic fried chicken, OP (despite the, "visit my site for the actual recipe" crap).

I wouldn't call it the prettiest fried chicken ever, despite the dozen or so times he repeats it, but that's pretty much the bare bones way to do it.
>>
>>7157287
breading station:
-raw chicken (not frozen), patted dry**
-flour + salt + pepper + cayanne pepper + garlic powder
-egg dip diluted with some buttermilk
-panko** with dried thyme & parsley

cook similarly sized pieces (cuts) together. if you are shallow frying in a cast iron pan then legs & wings about 8-12 minutes per side and breasts and thighs will take 10-15+ per side.
>>
>>7157310
I wonder what he sounds like while getting his dick suckled
>>
>>7157287
Personally i brine them in a lukewarm salt water for 30 ish minutes in the fridge.then pat dry. For breading flour, panko, salt, garlic, pepper fresh, cyane pepper. , thyme, small dash of rosemary. An eggwhite buttermilk solution. Personally i use peanut oil and that is the best for frying. But use the wooden spoon method to make sure its hot enough before frying. 8-12 depending how thick. Now after you fried those up strain the oil in a metal container and nthose flour bits that are left over in the pan and in the strainer.. Put the bits in the pan and add butter milk and flour to thocken for some dope gravy
>>
>>7157310
This is a solid basic recipe.
>>
>>7157287
basically ya
also
>white meat
no matter how juicy it is it still tastes dry
>>
Not OP. There ain't no buttermilk where I live. Will greek yoghurt work as a substitute?
>>
>>7158652
Britfag here, made chicken fried steak using regular milkand it turned out fine but I didn't cook it long enough so the batter was soggy instead of crispy. Or make your own buttermilk, put whole milk in a jar an shake it (takes a lot of effort) and wala butter and buttermilk. Add a little salt beforehand for best results because salted butter is always superior
>>
>>7157310
He sounds alright here, from the way /ck/ bitched about his voice I imagined him to be unlistenable.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.