[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turkey stock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 20151210_132157.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151210_132157.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Time to make stock!
>>
>>7156339
Food gore thread?
>>
>>7156345
No. I'm making turkey stock.
>>
aww cool food gore thread
>>
File: 1447388887727.jpg (64 KB, 700x533) Image search: [Google]
1447388887727.jpg
64 KB, 700x533
>>7156345
>>7156361
I love food gore threads!
>>
>>7156339
Turkey bones, celery, carrots, 3 onions quartered, about 5-6 cloves of garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper, oregano, garlic powder.

I think that's it, Trying to remember. It's coming to a boil now, then gonna simmer for about 3 hours.
>>
>>7156372
>I made stock
>it's really difficult and requires skill
>epic reddit circle jerk begins
>>
>>7156383
Says the guy who doesn't post anything he has made or offer advice/share.

Yeah. Your opinion is really one to value.
>>
>>7156390
I do on a regular basis.
Back to >>>/reddit/ with you.
>>
>>7156394
Right. If you don't recognize my counter, you're not here often. I'm one of the few who actually makes shit and posts.

Try and shitpost harder. It's entertaining to the adults.
>>
>>7156339
Who is the prescription for?
>>
>>7156408
One of the dogs. See the animals on top of the cap?
>>
>>7156339
>>7156398

Are you the guy who posted a recipe on making fermented hot sauce a few months ago?
>>
>>7156445
Maybe? I know I was making hot sauce around the end of summer. But I also remember someone else making a thread with his own sauce.

Why, what's up?
>>
>that much garlic in a stock

Holy shit what are you doing?
The correct amount is: zero
>>
>>7156461
Been looking for that recipe for ages. If you have your own, I'd be happy to see it too.
>>
>>7156471
I'll have to do some digging. Got a new hdd cuz the old one filled up.

I roasted jalapenos on my grill though, then threw them in a bag and let them steam and then peeled the skin. Then threw them in the blender along with I think a few habaneros? Sorry I can't remember.

Bring the mix up to a boil with vinegar (I think I used white? Maybe ACV) And added some spices.

If you give me time I can maybe find what I wrote down for you. If it's the other guy you were looking for, I'm sure he's around here somewhere.

>>7156469
Good thing I'm making it for my family and I and not for you. Thanks.

By the way, the house smells SO GOOD right now.
>>
>>7156471
>le ebin upboat
>>/reddit/
>>
Looks good, whats the stock for?
You making a stew or soup later, or some other dish?
>>
I just canned some home made turkey stock. I don't add anything besides meat and bones because I sometimes feed it to my pets. My stock always comes out cloudy, but I don't really care to fix it.
I'll post some pics shortly.
>>
>>7156537
Don't really have a plan. Just wanted to use the bones and such before they went bad so I figured why not? I'll probably make a soup later this week or weekend, whenever.

I just got done making turkey pot pies. I'll post a pic when I go back downstairs.

>>7156573
Mine is kinda cloudy right now and I don't care either. Been simmering for about....2 hours now?
>>
>>7156510
>asks for a recipe on a cooking section of a Laotian shadow puppetry site
>le reddit maymay

No wonder this board has gone to shit.
>>
File: 20151210_161929.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151210_161929.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Pot pie waiting on crust to top and bake !
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.